Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page lucid dreams
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2007, 06:08 PM   #41
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloriel
the word on the street (pillow?) is that if, while in your dream, you come across say a lightswitch - it will not work right in your dream. So if you flick it on/off that is a prime trigger to become lucid. There are tons of other ones too. Supposedly you can't read text in a dream - so if you see text, then BAM enter lucidity.

you've been watching waking life
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 07:18 AM   #42
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
It's thing like mirrors and digital watches that will appear skewered in lucid dreams.

It's also all in the mind really, if you think lucid dreaming will be easy then most likely it will come easy to you... just keep a dream journal describing everything you remember from the dream and describe your emotions etc. Then try and find common items in your dreams and concentrate on them when you approach them in real life (like if I have dreams hanging out with Jerry Seinfeld then I'll keep that in mind while I watch Seinfeld). Really, if you get good dream recall it's easy to recall 3 or so dreams a night in my experience, the REM period only lasts in 90 minute bursts so we have several dreams per night.

I still think the best way to become lucid is to wake up several hours before you usually wake up. Spend a few hours going about your business and about an hour before going back to bed think about lucid dreaming. It's the only way I've been fully able to be completely lucid in a dream. In my first lucid dream I used this technique and I realised I was dreaming and I swam into the sky.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 07:21 AM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't sleep.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2010, 08:40 AM   #44
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
It's thing like mirrors and digital watches that will appear skewered in lucid dreams.

It's also all in the mind really, if you think lucid dreaming will be easy then most likely it will come easy to you... just keep a dream journal describing everything you remember from the dream and describe your emotions etc. Then try and find common items in your dreams and concentrate on them when you approach them in real life (like if I have dreams hanging out with Jerry Seinfeld then I'll keep that in mind while I watch Seinfeld). Really, if you get good dream recall it's easy to recall 3 or so dreams a night in my experience, the REM period only lasts in 90 minute bursts so we have several dreams per night.

I still think the best way to become lucid is to wake up several hours before you usually wake up. Spend a few hours going about your business and about an hour before going back to bed think about lucid dreaming. It's the only way I've been fully able to be completely lucid in a dream. In my first lucid dream I used this technique and I realised I was dreaming and I swam into the sky.

Don't think I can handle lucidity. I am utterly terrified by my mind asleep. All I can remember is the ocean. I want to swim in that clear blue, but responsiblity will not let me. I don't even want to sleep sometimes. It is more work on my mind than living.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth