Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Vermont
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2007, 10:38 AM   #1
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Feb 18 2007

with W. Wand

All Ages

22$ days before / 25$ day of

Blizzard? maybe

tickets available now

general admission

and to click
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 12:27 PM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I used to live about 5 minutes walk from that location in Vermont's armpit: Winooski. When it opened I fantasized that SY would play there.

That show is gonna be mental!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 01:07 PM   #3
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I used to live about 5 minutes walk from that location in Vermont's armpit: Winooski. When it opened I fantasized that SY would play there.

That show is gonna be mental!

Higher Ground is now in S. Burlington in a converted 4 screen movie theatre that got gutted and made into what it is now. The Winooski version of the club closed in '04 and was bulldozed down for redevelopment.

It's new and improved.

------------------------------
and according to the facts, SY have never performed in the state of Vermont
Old 01.18.2007, 02:40 PM   #4
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
Higher Ground is now in S. Burlington in a converted 4 screen movie theatre that got gutted and made into what it is now. The Winooski version of the club closed in '04 and was bulldozed down for redevelopment.

No kidding! I think I know the movie theater you talk about. I guess its walkable from campus and Handy Court. I sort of recall them talking about ripping down that strip mall and putting up some cheap housing? There was a really groovy park behind there along the river I used to cross country ski thru.

Quote:
and according to the facts,
Quote:
SY have never performed in the state of Vermont
I can't even think of any solo action in VT. Maybe Steve?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 05:34 PM   #5
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
No kidding! I think I know the movie theater you talk about. I guess its walkable from campus and Handy Court. I sort of recall them talking about ripping down that strip mall and putting up some cheap housing? There was a really groovy park behind there along the river I used to cross country ski thru.

[color=gold][color=#ffffff]
I can't even think of any solo action in VT. Maybe Steve?

The Venue's on Williston Road....are you talking about UVM? I think it's a couple miles from that campus. Not sure if that the theatre ur talkn' bout... but it's not ornate think a more modern Irving Plaza without the balcony. Better sound, better green room(s) (one is red and has a oil painting of 2PAC Shakur) and the staff there is pro...

But yeah Winooski that shopping center is no more. The new space is really great. Two venue's in one. Two big bars in the main room, the sound design solid, its a free standing venue with huge parking lot and across the parking lot is a store that sells local honey.
Old 01.22.2007, 12:31 AM   #6
the destroyed room

cold region

What is the Chinese New Year's Day in Year 2007?
February 18, 2007 is the first day of the Chinese new year.
Old 01.23.2007, 02:20 AM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quite the tempting road trip.
Old 01.23.2007, 06:29 AM   #8
clever name
bad moon rising

clever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
close to / sold out

Close to sold out?
How close?
clever name is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 06:45 AM   #9
clever name
bad moon rising

clever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's assesclever name kicks all y'all's asses
Woohoo! Ticket is got!

By the way, if the show sells out and some unlucky SY fan is denied, I have bought an extra ticket that I'd be happy to turn over for the purchase price ($25). I'll be checking this thread regularly. Noise idols forever. Peace.
Old 01.24.2007, 11:48 AM   #10
the destroyed room

New York, Webster Hall is soldout and the HigherGround maxes out at 750 and its about 2hrs away from Montreal so i'm surprised its not already soldout. monday night at higher ground is a comedy open mic which could easily be bumped to add a second night> > >

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever name
Woohoo! Ticket is got!

By the way, if the show sells out and some unlucky SY fan is denied, I have bought an extra ticket that I'd be happy to turn over for the purchase price ($25). I'll be checking this thread regularly. Noise idols forever. Peace.

<><>"":{}{}_+<<><><><<>>?>?>?<?<>{P{JKK¢∞¶§†§¶ƒ¥¨ƒ ¥†ˆ∂ƒƒ¨¥ƒˆ†∂ç®ø√††ø†ø¨†çø†¶¬ˆ¥¶ç®∞¶ˆ¢´ˆ∞§*ƒ©ø¨∫©¬© ø∫¨†√ø†ø¶†¥ˆ∫¶¥¥
Old 01.28.2007, 11:28 AM   #11
canadianmoose
empty page

canadianmoose ain't too shabby
Got my tickets this morning!
canadianmoose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2007, 08:59 PM   #12
ghostflower
empty page

ghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of light
Walk to sonic youth party in vermont! meet at fletcher free library on the 18th, leave by 6:15 sharp. goal is that there will be no cars in the lot! walk home from sonic youth party afterward.
ben
ghostflower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2007, 09:05 PM   #13
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostflower
Walk to sonic youth party in vermont! meet at fletcher free library on the 18th, leave by 6:15 sharp. goal is that there will be no cars in the lot! walk home from sonic youth party afterward.
ben

why?

is this an eco thing? or is there a planned snow ball fight planned in the empty lot?

oh, and afterparty?
Old 01.29.2007, 04:34 AM   #14
ghostflower
empty page

ghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of lightghostflower is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
why?

is this an eco thing? or is there a planned snow ball fight planned in the empty lot?

oh, and afterparty?

eco thing? maybe...no really to out hippie the hippies that frequent Higher Ground, to draw attention to an actual good show being booked there, but mostly for FUN.

afterparty is the walk back downtown.
Old 02.18.2007, 06:18 AM   #15
clever name
bad moon rising

Aaaaaaggghhhhh!

I'm freaking out!

I need a strong dose of... noise!!!

Sonic Youth in Burlington tonight!

Bang your fucking head!
Old 02.18.2007, 11:18 AM   #16
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever name
Aaaaaaggghhhhh!

I'm freaking out!

I need a strong dose of... noise!!!

Sonic Youth in Burlington tonight!

Bang your fucking head!

Breathe. Calm down. I did some polling last night around Church and Main and the results are shocking. The freak out level of Vermont is dangerously low. The chances that there will be mass hysteria and pass outs-a-plenty midset tonight are a given.
Old 02.18.2007, 02:59 PM   #17
ghostflower
empty page

afforemention walk to sonic youth party cancelled due to lots of snow. hopefully we would have created some sort of freaking out and excitement, but i think we will experience freaking out nontheless, i for one am REALLY EXCITED. my hearts been racing all day and i cant sit down. i feel like a lot of people i have talked to are EXTREMELY AMPED
pray they do World Looks Red!
ben
Old 02.19.2007, 08:34 AM   #18
the destroyed room

setlust:

Candle
Reena
Icenerate
(out of order from here on)
What a Waste
100%
Skip Tracer
RATS
Schitzo
Jams Run Free
Turquoise Boy
Teenage Riot-set closer, extended noise outro with Kim leaving stage first then Mark,then Lee and then after T and S duet for 2 minutes the set ended
Pink Steam
DYBIRAPTURE?
(a couple more)
---------------------
Old 02.20.2007, 12:26 AM   #19
sevenveils
empty page

sevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to all
anyone?

any random goodness?
sevenveils is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2007, 02:57 AM   #20
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Why did Kim leave?

Sounds like a cool set anyone got a recording of it?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth