Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Slow Revolution
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2008, 11:36 AM   #61
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
fucking throwaway track, nice first crack at it, needs another two years to develop.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 01:28 PM   #62
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I like this song its got a real nice, mellow feel to it like a good yo la tengo track.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 01:35 PM   #63
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm I really like the intro, the rest of the song is okay I guess, some of it is really nice and some of it just meh, it sounds really Sonic Youth.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 01:36 PM   #64
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, but you make yo la tengo sound mediocre saying that.

an ok track by yola is ten million times better than this.
Old 06.15.2008, 02:00 PM   #65
tasteinmen
bad moon rising

tasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, but you make sonic youth sound like a bag of shite who are out to rob their fans with the way you've reacted to this song and album.
So if you're going to express your opinions in the most prominent, in your face manner then you need to accept other peoples opinions that differ to yours.

Besides that, I personally like the song, and I think the tracklisting works very well on this album, i've been listening it over and over again in my car, just wish I could get my hands on a physical copy.
tasteinmen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 05:08 PM   #66
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

i think it's a shit track that's way below their standards and doesn't deserve comparisons to ylt.

and yeah, i think hits are for nerds is a ripoff, perhaps sy aren't the ones doing the direct robbing but it's a ripoff for whoever has the full lenght albums and still pays for it.
Old 06.15.2008, 05:30 PM   #67
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
I like that song, but agree with fact that they should come with something fresher than RR sounding, I want something new from typical SY sounds.

by the way Diamond Sea deserve to be on hits compilation. I wonder why it's not there (in context of great hits like). yeah, I know it's on Destroyed Room, but anyway.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 05:31 PM   #68
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Lovely track. Pretty out there, I like the fact Kim is pretty much inaudiable, her voice is just floating out there behind the guitar work, very good indeed- and not what I was expecting of a fairly 'lowest common denominator' compilation. Rather Ripped was crying out for a track this structureless and meandering.

Thankyou SY

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 06:19 PM   #69
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteinmen
sorry, but you make sonic youth sound like a bag of shite who are out to rob their fans with the way you've reacted to this song and album.
So if you're going to express your opinions in the most prominent, in your face manner then you need to accept other peoples opinions that differ to yours.

Besides that, I personally like the song, and I think the tracklisting works very well on this album, i've been listening it over and over again in my car, just wish I could get my hands on a physical copy.
Rag on one Sonic Youth song and you're making them sound like a bag of shite? You, sir, are overreacting.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 06:21 PM   #70
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
sound like a trees outside of the academy outtake.
That's what I thought. And I probably would have preferred it if Thurston did the vocals.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 06:53 PM   #71
tasteinmen
bad moon rising

tasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Rag on one Sonic Youth song and you're making them sound like a bag of shite? You, sir, are overreacting.

well...
tasteinmen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 08:42 PM   #72
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i really enjoyed the shimmering guitars on the track

and Kim seemly took a lot from Christina Carter's echo type vocals, as she has been glowing Charalambides alot lately, only natural she would be inspired by it
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 09:22 PM   #73
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
it's okay. maybe i need to be in the right mood to like it, or it needs to be on a muxtape that doesn't have josef k, delta 5 and gang of four, and others, on it.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 07:31 AM   #74
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
i quite enjoyed it, the guitar sound was really great, lots of echo effects and delay and stuff, id really like them to experiment further in this direction, with more melody and direction...
i quite liked the wierd effects on kims vocals too
all in all, not a bad song, but they definitely need to do better stuff on their next album!
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 02:17 PM   #75
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
It's a shame about the vocal. It would've made a nice instrumental.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 04:00 PM   #76
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
It's a shame about the vocal. It would've made a nice instrumental.

i disagree, i think it made the song quite psychedelic and wierd...
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 04:25 PM   #77
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
can i get a DL link from someone?

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 07:00 PM   #78
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
can i get a DL link from someone?

its on Imeem
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 01:34 PM   #79
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
got the link
thanks you special someone...
i really like it. i like kims really distant vocals. its a cool track, it doesnt go anywhere but it just kinda keeps on going. and i like her moans, im really happy that its her singing and not thurston

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:49 PM   #80
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Imeem? I'm falling way behind

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth