Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Yes Virginia...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2006, 08:54 PM   #1
sonicpollution
little trouble girl

sonicpollution has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
So I feel a little hesitant to do this, given that most people I know have very unfavorable opinions on this band....but here goes anyways:

The Dresden Dolls new album, Yes Virginia, was released today, and I was curious if anyone else here has thoughts on it/is a fan of the band and stuff. I was suprised by "Yes Virginia", as the band's sound has definitely evolved and moved in a different direction from their first release. Initially it was a let down, but the album has started growing on me already, and there are some really amazing songs on it.
sonicpollution is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 01:40 AM   #2
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I'm new to the Dresden Dolls. For the past few months though my intrest in them has gradually grown. I heard "Yes, Virgina" on MySpace and really liked it at first listen. Based on that I went and bought thier first CD, and really enjoyed that. I haven't bought "Yes, Virgina" yet but I'm going to ASAP, its actually a great album, and as much as I like the first album, even though I've had it all of about a week, thier second blew my mind. The Dresden Dolls are great.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 05:11 AM   #3
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Dresden Dolls. Their live shows are a joy (I've seen them numerous times already and will be at two of their shows next month.) I probably wouldn't be such a fan if it weren't for the whole live experience of them. They really are the most fun live band. I got a leaked copy of the new record months ago. I wasn't fond of it at first, but a few of the songs have grown on me (Shores of California, Backstabber and My Alcoholic Friends). I'll be buying the CD later today. Can't wait to see the artwork.

I remember their first record took a few listens to really grow on me too.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:17 AM   #4
sonicpollution
little trouble girl

sonicpollution has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, I wasn't a huge of fan of the band until I saw them live.

Their live DVD is also really good. Worth it for "Christopher Lydon" alone.
sonicpollution is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:39 AM   #5
samrago
little trouble girl

samrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's asses
I remember the first time I heard them...it was "Coin-Operated Boy" on college radio, and I was thinking to myself, Thank God.

I think this new album's swell. it really gets my feet tapping.
samrago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth