Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2015, 03:01 PM   #521
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
He didn't turn into Karl Malone until after losing the Finals to Mavs and spending the summer with The Dream.. that is paying off more in these Finals than it ever did. On Miami he sprinkled his post game here and there, in this series he said, "fuck jump shots."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2015, 03:18 PM   #522
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think that what people like Kobe and LeBron and other superstars that work with Dream get the most out of is his mental attitude to competition, and to what is expected of the BEST player on the team, not so much the actual footwork stuff, although that is always a big help if practiced. LeBron and Kobe practice as much as any of the all time greats.

I hate seeing fuckers who cannot do free throws. that shit is LAZY. it is the only shot you can practice enough to make it pure muscle memory. The Rockets would have won the series or at least been more competitive against Warriors, if goddamn Howard would practice 200 free throws a DAY
Old 06.10.2015, 03:18 PM   #523
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Shaq never ever practiced free throws either.
Old 06.10.2015, 04:44 PM   #524
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Shaq never ever practiced free throws either.
Dude Shaq didn't practice basketball . ZERO fundamentals. He couldn't dribble, had no footwork, wasn't a skilled passer, had an embarrassingly bad jump shot, and even looked clumsy getting rebounds.

Imagine if Shaq had actually cared about basketball? He would have averaged 60 points a game.. its why Hakeem recently picked Shaq for his top center all time. Shaq was good despite being more or less bad at playing basketball.

As to Lebron and Dream, i literally have this fantasy where I see dream on the couch watching younger Lebron yelling at the TV, "Lebron come to me, i can make you the best all time if you let me teach you how to post up and dribble on the block."

Nobody and i mean NOBODY had footwork and ball handling in the post like Hakeem and nobody i mean NOBODY Lebron's size has ever had his ball handling skills to begin with! So i can see Hakeem viewing Lebron as his perfect pet project. ONLY Lebron has the size and skill to duplicate Hakeem things, and since Lebron uniquely matches those post skills by being able to push the ball up the floor and make lazer passes i think he can surpass even Hakeem as the most fundamentally sound bball player ever. Jordan could score, Magic could . pass but Dream is Mr. Fundamentals because he played PG in school before his growth spurt. Now? Lebron has a significant chance to both replicate and even surpass Hakeem

Old 06.10.2015, 04:51 PM   #525
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Shaq practiced eating....
Old 06.10.2015, 06:15 PM   #526
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Utah and Boston are usually the "whitest" teams in NBA

Agreed......however, this isn't about white anything.

According to the callers to the radio show about this subject, this is strictly a black thing. Again, according to the callers I heard, it dates back to the brighter / farrier skin slaves getting to work in the big house while darker skin slaves tolled away in the fields.

In the 80's, it was often referred to as good hair vs. bad hair.

More recently, according to one black caller, a good deal of all this is attributed to, Drake......who is pretty, whines as he sings and overall is considered soft.

If you twitter, search out the following hashtag: #LightskinVsDarkskin

You will find tweets and video from black individuals using this slang / term a great deal......just not sports related.

Why am I even asking???

It was a topic that I wasn't aware about and really surprised when it discussed on sports radio. I'm just curious if this is more a East Coast / West Coast thing or just something practiced by a few???
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2015, 07:17 PM   #527
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sometimes I forget just how much black folks I am fam with until white folks discover something black and I realize not every white guy already knew that.

The issue with light vs black skin is one of politics, culture, and economics. Light skinned folks tend to have white family, and therefore somewhat benefit from white privilege whereas darker skinned black folks tend to get the wrong end of the stick in many regards. This has even been proven psychologically, that because of systemic racism even black people subconsciously react more negatively to images or experiences with darker skinned people (not even black, studies use images of darker skinned Indians and East Asians, same results)

For many reasons the American experience has created a subconscious mindset that darker is badder in every regard. Therefore in black culture darker skinned folks see themselves as something of an underdog character, and are ecstatic when they can stick it to light skinned folks.

Its part of the narrative as you mentioned of "good" and "bad" hair and also "passing"...

Today it manifests itself in the context of "acting white" or moving "to the suburbs"

Speaking of black politics and culture, its also why i value THIS era of the NBA so much better than the 80s and 90s.. while everyone likes all the fighting on the court, the reality is it reflected a sadder truth about rich white men exploiting black on black violence. I sizable portion of the 80s NBA audience had the mentality of "hey lets watch these jigaboos fight" or even worse "i hope he [white player] sticks it to that n****r"..

I'd much rather see successful, multimillion dollar black men hang out and have fun playing a game with each other as co-workers, not combatants.

Fighting is for the playground, this is entertainment.

Old 06.11.2015, 12:13 PM   #528
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif
Old 06.12.2015, 07:43 AM   #529
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I couldn't get the link to open / play for me......
Old 06.12.2015, 08:01 AM   #530
Bytor Peltor
Banned

10 4th Quarter points for Clevland

Just how bad was it for the Cavs......Kendrick Perkins got in the game.

Lebron Flashed His Penis On Live TV

Speak of, for the 3rd time in a Game Four of the NBA Finals, LeBron scores ZERO 4th Quarter Points:

2011 Finals Game 4: ZERO
2014 Finals Game 4: ZERO
2015 Finals Game 4: ZERO

LeBron hit a shot 1:03 left in 3rd Quarter to make it 73-69 GSW. Clevland only made 2 shots the rest of the game (2-20).

LeBron James has now suffered 2 of the 5 worst home losses in NBA Finals history:

LeBron asked about fans leaving early, "I have no comment on that, I came out of the game early, too, so I guess we were on the same page"

Cavaliers shot 6-45 (13.3%) outside the paint, their worst shooting performance outside the paint this season:

Big night for, Andre Iguodala......sharing team-highs in scoring w/ 22 points (4-for-9 on 3FGs).

After Cleveland cut GSW lead to 3 with 34.0 seconds in 3rd Quarter, GSW out-scored Cleveland 30-12 the rest of the way.

Warriors had seven turnovers tonight, tying a franchise record for fewest turnovers in a playoff game (San Francisco at St. Louis, 4/8/67).

In Vegas or at your local bookie, GSW are now -340 to win the series.

Old 06.12.2015, 10:32 AM   #531
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

While that was bad, i blame the cavs for trying to run with dubs rather than slow it down on d. I blame exhaustion and the bench finally looked shallow.. however dubs biggest weakness haas been playing cocky so this win might send them back to their old ways..

Old 06.12.2015, 10:55 AM   #532
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

playing just 7 players will wear a team out.
Old 06.12.2015, 11:02 AM   #533
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Exactly. Some marion-miller-harris minutes are inevitable. Mike Miller played 6 minutes game 3 but they were enough to rest guys. Perk can set a few screens.. i think blatt got greedy when he saw how well they played the 1st 3 games.. time to readjust. At end of the day Cavs only hope is defense first game plan. They had totally got in Dubs head that way.. also Lebron shooting 35 wore out Iggy, its no surprise iggy played better without having to chase Lebron as much..
Smith AND shumpert can go cold same night.. i think Lebron got greedy too.. he lost to spurs by deferring to teammates that just weren't making shots. In these Finals he did opposite, just was relentless at taking shots. Cavs need two more games of LeKoberon instead of LeMagicbron.. if we see more 35 shot games they can pull off the upset

Old 06.12.2015, 11:05 AM   #534
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Indeed Iggy, Green, and Barnes all played bad the 1st three games cuz they were so tired from LeBron just carpet bombing the paint and hanging out in the Karl Malone spot. They were able to get their own offense going without having to worry about LeBron as much.. i expect that to change. And fuck it, let David Lee try to beat you, he can score but nOT defend so dare Kerr to leave him in when Lebron keeps hitting at em possession after possession.

Old 06.12.2015, 11:09 AM   #535
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the Cavs coach is sooooo lame...
Old 06.12.2015, 11:23 AM   #536
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

He is but i think he deserves some credit for turning around this defense..

Old 06.12.2015, 11:26 AM   #537
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Where Blatt's lack of NBA experience stands out is his timeouts and rotations, he hasn't mastered the balance of using TV timeouts to your advantage. If you're playing a 7 man rotation, then you need to use end of quarters and TV timeouts to rest your starters.. needs tonbe looking for those opportunities to sub out starters at those junctions where it would only be a minute or two of game time but cuz of TV timeouts would translate to 7-10 minutes in real time..

Old 06.12.2015, 01:30 PM   #538
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I agree. That is a skill that too many coaches seem to ignore.

Rudy T was a master of it. He would put in old-ass Charles Jones (41 years old!) to spell Dream and, while the official minutes played for Jones would be1-2, the actual time Dream rested on the bench was like you say, 5-7 minutes. It made a difference.
Old 06.12.2015, 02:42 PM   #539
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Your insight serves you well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
While that was bad, i blame the cavs for trying to run with dubs rather than slow it down on d.

Did Usher finally finish singing the National Anthem?
Old 06.12.2015, 02:47 PM   #540
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My favorite compilation of Dream moves. https://youtu.be/22O2lApCBBs

the move against the Knicks at 8:20 is so sweeeeet
242526 27 28293037 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth