Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it just me....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2006, 07:43 AM   #81
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
No real contributions, other than to second sonicl's assertion that Porkie is a delightful chap in the flesh. I've read existentialism, and most of what Atari's bleating on about. I have a faint idea what he's trying to say, but he's, again, articulating himself badly and blaming others' inability to read. It's a failing of the medium, definitely, but blame not he who is not at fault. And besides which Porkie's trying to wind you up more than he's engaging in a proper argument.

I'll close with a good ole' cock. Cock. [hehe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 07:44 AM   #82
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Ha! You're funny. Really!
I really can't the hipocrisy of you two.....and such blatant hipochrisy too!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 07:48 AM   #83
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I really can't the hipocrisy of you two.....and such blatant hipochrisy too!

I was being sarcastic, twat!
Old 09.26.2006, 07:53 AM   #84
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
No real contributions, other than to second sonicl's assertion that Porkie is a delightful chap in the flesh. I've read existentialism, and most of what Atari's bleating on about. I have a faint idea what he's trying to say, but he's, again, articulating himself badly and blaming others' inability to read. It's a failing of the medium, definitely, but blame not he who is not at fault. And besides which Porkie's trying to wind you up more than he's engaging in a proper argument.

I'll close with a good ole' cock. Cock. [hehe]

It's really hysterical that porkmarras would accuse Tokolosh of ganging up on him along with me when it's simply not true. What's so funny is that all you other people in this thread follow cliques like bleating sheep.

Yeah, it's the easiest thing in the world to communicate, and it's my fault for not being able to explain. It makes it even easier to explain it when those you are attempting to explain it to are resisting you at every turn, but yet, I can't seem to get it together.

Maybe you should take the floor and explain existentialism in a way these people can understand, Glice. While you're at it, please tie it together with Jungian psychology. You just professed to being somewhat of an expert, after all. Please, teach me! Teach us all!

Your posts, always in the same vein of an air of superiority that never elucidate upon anything are so fucking irritating!

On second thought, don't bother explaining, you may fool a bunch of nogoodniks but you don't fool me; you're a fraud.

Always have been

Always will be (question mark)

Better change your mind before it burns out, cocker on the rock.

Here's the indictment once again for you people that cannot process simple information:
It's really hysterical that porkmarras would accuse Tokolosh of ganging up on him along with me when it's simply not true. What's so funny is that all you other people in this thread follow cliques like bleating sheep.

Once again, you take the little of what you know about yourself and how you behave based on what others have told you about yourself when they were irritated with you and you then go about applying all that negativity to other people like the evildoing imps that you are. In psychological terms, it's known as negative projection and it's a self-defense mechanism.
How do these self-defense mechanisms originate? They can be traced back to fear which is traced back to denial of death.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 08:06 AM   #85
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Oh fuck it,this is just boring now.

Old 09.26.2006, 08:07 AM   #86
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I think this thread has become quite interesting actually.
Old 09.26.2006, 08:11 AM   #87
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Hush up shoe worshipper!

Old 09.26.2006, 08:13 AM   #88
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

You bitterness shows through.
Old 09.26.2006, 08:15 AM   #89
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
This is exactly what always happens. It went through my mind to write about this very point earlier, but I was too busy trying to respond to queries from the queeries. Look! I can be a smart-ass too!

What always happens is that if a discussion gets too meaty, someone, (and that someone is more often than not porkmarras, Cantankerous, or HaydenAsche) pronounces it a "bore" and then starts writing some superficial junk to change the subject.

A self-defense mechanism in action, folks.
Old 09.26.2006, 08:24 AM   #90
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600

Yeah, it's the easiest thing in the world to communicate, and it's my fault for not being able to explain. It makes it even easier to explain it when those you are attempting to explain it to are resisting you at every turn, but yet, I can't seem to get it together.

Maybe you should take the floor and explain existentialism in a way these people can understand, Glice. While you're at it, please tie it together with Jungian psychology. You just professed to being somewhat of an expert, after all. Please, teach me! Teach us all!

Perhaps the point is that I accuse you of throwing the concepts in to garner some faux-intellectual nous which bolsters your non-points? My point regards your expression, as I've told you before, is not per se anything to do with the content, but the futility of explication. You're not going to convince anyone, certainly not on the internet at least. You don't explain yourself well, but you still get frustrated, constantly, by people not understanding where you're coming from.

I'm not going to explain existentialism as you well know, because if I were in a position to explain a philosophy which extends, at least, several hundred years, I probably wouldn't be wasting my time on the internet now, would I? What I could explain would get lost in the milieu of boredom which is a music forum. People don't read read on forums, they scan and pick up on cyphers and designators, they rarely read whole content.

Quote:

Your posts, always in the same vein of an air of superiority that never elucidate upon anything are so fucking irritating!

Let he who is without sin indeed.

Quote:

On second thought, don't bother explaining, you may fool a bunch of nogoodniks but you don't fool me; you're a fraud.

Always have been

Always will be (question mark)

Again, is it really worth it? If you genuinely want an intelligent dialogue on anything, then feel free to use the PM function. I suspect you don't, but I'm not going to close that door. For the record, I have several qualms about a great many of Porkie's opinions, which we've discussed, but have never been so vulgar as to bother to do so in this hallowed medium.

Who ever smelt it [the bullshit] dealt it, to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 08:25 AM   #91
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I only bother because you are a pair of meatheads who are fun to demolish.
Wait atari,nurse is answering the phone!

Old 09.26.2006, 08:25 AM   #92
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Learn to not end a sentence with a preposition and how to punctuate a sentence, Mr. Faux.
Remember, you insulted me first.

I'm writing like this because I want people to understand me. I'm repeating myself because I'd like for the "scanners" to see the message. You write the way you do because you wear a mask. The name of that mask is pseudo-intellectualism.

Old 09.26.2006, 08:31 AM   #93
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
This is exactly what always happens. It went through my mind to write about this very point earlier, but I was too busy trying to respond to queries from the queeries. Look! I can be a smart-ass too!

What always happens is that if a discussion gets too meaty, someone, (and that someone is more often than not porkmarras, Cantankerous, or HaydenAsche) pronounces it a "bore" and then starts writing some superficial junk to change the subject.

A self-defense mechanism in action, folks.

More simply that could be explained by simply saying that sometimes some of us must do some work and that's that.Glice said it up there:i'm delighted that people have opinions different than mine and things can be discussed through mutual stimulation and debate.It's just not a particularly interesting thing to do with you.

Old 09.26.2006, 08:33 AM   #94
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Learn to not end a sentence with a prepostion, Mr. Faux.

Once again, you take the little of what you know about yourself and how you behave based on what others have told you about yourself when they were irritated with you and you then go about applying all that negativity to other people like the evildoing imp that you are. In psychological terms, it's known as negative projection and it's a self-defense mechanism.
How do these self-defense mechanisms originate? They can be traced back to fear which is traced back to denial of death.

I'm writing like this because I want people to understand me. You write the way you do because you wear a mask. The name of that mask is pseudo-intellectualism.

What makes it even more fun is that you ACTUALLY believe this.

Old 09.26.2006, 08:33 AM   #95
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I only bother because you are a pair of meatheads who are fun to demolish.
Wait atari,nurse is answering the phone!

Demolish? Dream on Mr, 'cause you ain't getting rid of me that easy.
Old 09.26.2006, 08:35 AM   #96
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
and of course, i wonder what type of shoes will fit with leather pants. there is a thin line with leather pants..can look very tasteless.

Pumps?

Old 09.26.2006, 08:40 AM   #97
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I'm ridding myself of this message board for awhile.

I've got to go do some work.

I can't say it's been fun.

It's been a tedious grind as usual.

slough...slough
Old 09.26.2006, 08:44 AM   #98
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Learn to not end a sentence with a prepostion, Mr. Faux.

Once again, you take the little of what you know about yourself and how you behave based on what others have told you about yourself when they were irritated with you and you then go about applying all that negativity to other people like the evildoing imp that you are. In psychological terms, it's known as negative projection and it's a self-defense mechanism.

I'm writing like this because I want people to understand me. I'm repeating myself because I'd like for the "scanners" to see the message. You write the way you do because you wear a mask. The name of that mask is pseudo-intellectualism.

I think you repeatedly misunderstand the people on this board and that's why you get so uptight.

Ever since a (to me) light-hearted exchange between us a LONG time ago, you've borne a grudge against me. And boy do you bear a grudge. A very short time after the exchange I'd forgotten who you were, but you've mentioned my name in a negative way several times since. If you remember I quickly left that particular thread when I realised you were being more serious than I'd at first thought.

I think most people use this board because it's fun and can be informative. And it's also a way of relieving the boredom at work. I honestly couldn't say what your motivation is, but it genuinely puzzles me.

For what it's worth, when you're not trying to prove your intellectual superiority to anybody who will listen, your posts are also fun and informative. I just don't understand where your desperate need to flex your intellectual muscles (whether real or imagined) comes from.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 08:47 AM   #99
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
and of course, i wonder what type of shoes will fit with leather pants. there is a thin line with leather pants..can look very tasteless.

I go with motorcycle boots, but with the pants pulled over the tops of the boots and not tucked in like a highway policeman.
It must be said that I take a fair amount of flak for wearing leather pants, though.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 10:05 AM   #100
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I think you repeatedly misunderstand the people on this board and that's why you get so uptight.

Ever since a (to me) light-hearted exchange between us a LONG time ago, you've borne a grudge against me. And boy do you bear a grudge. A very short time after the exchange I'd forgotten who you were, but you've mentioned my name in a negative way several times since. If you remember I quickly left that particular thread when I realised you were being more serious than I'd at first thought.

I think most people use this board because it's fun and can be informative. And it's also a way of relieving the boredom at work. I honestly couldn't say what your motivation is, but it genuinely puzzles me.

For what it's worth, when you're not trying to prove your intellectual superiority to anybody who will listen, your posts are also fun and informative. I just don't understand where your desperate need to flex your intellectual muscles (whether real or imagined) comes from.

That's funny, I can't remember mentioning you in this thread. I also didn't mention you in the "who do you hate?" thread. Have you got a grudge?

Take the back for your flock now like you know you can. bleat...bleat

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth