Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it just me....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2006, 06:55 AM   #61
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
1) The word "devil" is in quotations.
(Learn to understand better what it is you read before commenting.)
2) The God of the church is but a shard of the fragmented truth.
(Nobody owns a definitive explanation of God; the closest is Einstein.)
3) Athiests are in severe denial.
(Ironically, they consider themselves to be the most free.)

Old 09.26.2006, 07:00 AM   #62
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
In severe denial of what exactly?Who says that what you bang on about is 'The Truth'?Do you want that other injection or what?What are these semi-religious,seed of doubt-like patterns of thoughts of yours?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 07:06 AM   #63
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
You people should read something other than the internet...like maybe more actual books.

I can't keep banging my head against this wall with a bunch of obstinate ne'er-do-wells.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 07:07 AM   #64
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
1)
2) the God of the church is but a shard of the fragmented truth
(nobody owns a definitive explanation of God...the closest is Einstein)
3) athiests are in severe denial
(ironically, they consider themselves to be the most free)

Now you need to back up all this stuff atari.Where is it written or proved that these two statements are true?I have little patience with people who make statements that they can't prove to be tangibly true.Let's see what you can do there.Telephone quiet at the moment.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:07 AM   #65
atari 2600
invito al cielo

The "individual" members of the human race are all in denial to one degree or another concerning their eventual personal deaths. All denial and all fear springs forth from this source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
you need to back up all this stuff...
It's not just my view, of course. It's the view of all the most intelligent people that have ever lived, so call off your dogs or continue to look like a fool.

If one didn't live in denial of death with fear then they would ___________. (fill in the blank) They would actually BECOME who it is that they really are in POSSIBILITY.
Since we don't address our fears because it is too painful to do so, we live lives that are not our BECOMING. We are literally slaves to our fears.

You think you are growing impatient. That's a fucking hoot!
Old 09.26.2006, 07:09 AM   #66
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
You people should read something other than the internet...like maybe more actual books.

I can't keep banging my head against this wall with a bunch of obstinate ne'er-do-wells.
You need to read the right books and hang around with more people who are less prone to second anything that you come up with.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:13 AM   #67
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
This is what puzzles me about you.I do hope these well adjusted gay friends do exist and you haven't read about them(Oh yes i haven't got a problem with black people,i have a lot of friends who are black.......hmmm).This post seems in clear contrast with your other one earlier in this thread.Now,i have quite a few gay friends(and straight,and chinese,and limping creeps for that matter) and i certainly am aquainted with many others who don't feel much of a need for flying the gay/straight/whatever flag.For someone who uses other posters' posting tactics i ask you......what exactly are you trying to say?

What I'm trying to say is, that I don't understand why people have to defend themselves or make an issue about being gay, black, short, fat, whatever. This isn't even about being gay. It's about the urgent need to prove a point, that has already been dealt with... at least in a lot of western progressive countries, that is.

You live in London, right? Do you feel that you have to watch your words and back as a gay man in London? I can't imagine that the average Londoner still has difficulties regarding this issue. It's a different story in other places though, and if gays there have to go out and protest, it would make sense and have it's purpose. You bring it up a lot on this forum, and to me, it says more about the way you feel personally, than the average Londoner does. You might have your reasons for that. I don't know.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're victimizing yourself when there's no reason too.
I'm not trying to attack you, by the way. I'm just asking questions, ok?
Old 09.26.2006, 07:14 AM   #68
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
The "individual" members of the human race are all in denial to one degree or another concerning their eventual personal deaths. All denial and all fear springs forth from this source.

It's not just my view, of course. It's the view of all the most intelligent people that have ever lived, so call off your dogs or continue to look like a fool.
Still you've only come up with two more statements.If you want to be taken seriously,prove me wrong.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:17 AM   #69
atari 2600
invito al cielo

If one didn't live in denial of death with fear then they would ___________. (fill in the blank) They would actually BECOME who it is that they really are in POSSIBILITY.
Since we don't address our fears because it is too painful to do so, we live lives that are not our BECOMING. We are literally slaves to our fears that our conscious minds will not even allow us to address.

Ever hear of obscure (haha) things like EXISTENTIALIST PHILOSOPHY or MODERN PSYCHOLOGY ???

By the way, if it helps to pique your interest, the first existentialist is Socrates, who was a gay man.
Old 09.26.2006, 07:19 AM   #70
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
The truth is that as to why of people have to defend themselves or make an issue about being gay, black, short, fat, whatever. This isn't even about being gay. It's about the urgent need to prove a point, that has already been dealt with... at least in a lot of western progressive countries, that is.

You live in London, right? Do you feel that you have to watch your words and back as a gay man in London? I can't imagine that the average Londoner still has difficulties regarding this issue. It's a different story in other places though, and if gays there have to go out and protest, it would make sense and have it's purpose. You bring it up a lot on this forum, and to me, it says more about the way you feel personally, than the average Londoner does. You might have your reasons for that. I don't know.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're victimizing yourself when there's no reason too.
I'm not trying to attack you, by the way. I'm just asking questions, ok?
Right,go and check all my posts and bring back here all the ones where you find that i have been 'victimizing' myself.This is interesting as you still are making a statement but(like your buddy atari) have not sufficient or consistent proof of it.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:19 AM   #71
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You really should meet Porkmarras before you cast him as self-victimising. I have rarely come across people (of any sort) who are so comfortable with the person that they are. He is one of the most positive and least self-pitying people I have ever met.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 07:23 AM   #72
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Since we don't address our fears because it is too painful to do so, we live lives that are not our BECOMING. We are literally slaves to our fears that our conscious minds will not even allow us to address.

Ever hear of obscure (haha) things like EXISTENTIALIST PHILOSOPHY or MODERN PSYCHOLOGY ???

By the way, if it helps to pique your interest, the first existentialist is Socrates, who was a gay man.
Modern psychology i can take(to an extent)but existentialist phiilosophy has been proved often to be a load of cack or mental masturbation over a century ago,now.i'm afraid but i'm more a fan of crude realism atari.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:23 AM   #73
atari 2600
invito al cielo

You're a tosser to end all tossers.

Existentialist philosophy has only in the middle of the last century come to light as the most evolved philosophy that there is. It is the historical continuation of the philosophy of self-knowledge espoused by Socrates. Your statement is completely false and one that is simply made up because you have an axe to grind.

There are various forms of modern psychology, but the most accepted is Jungian psychology and that's what I mean.

You people should stop and read and get it all in context before you hone in on one word like sonicl just did to start a point of contention about...you'll find you have much more in common than you have differences.

You're funny and you don't know why
You're funny and you can't even cry
You're funny and you don't know why
You're funny and you don't even try

Cause your head's shaking cause your arms are shaking
And your feet are shaking cause the earth is shaking

You're hungry and you don't know why
You're hungry and you can't even cry
You're hungry and you don't know why
You're hungry and you don't even cry

You take a walk and you try to understand
Nothing can hurt you
Unless you want it to
There are no answers
Only reasons to be strong
You take a walk you take a walk
You take a walk and you try to understand

You're in love and you don't know why
You're in love and you can't even cry
You're in love and you don't know why
You're in love and you don't even try

- Vanessa Briscoe of Pylon
Old 09.26.2006, 07:27 AM   #74
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'll take your word on that Sonicl. Why all the fuss about being gay then? I don't think that it's important for people on this forum to know what sex turns me on. It's irrelevent.
Old 09.26.2006, 07:28 AM   #75
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Still,you haven't answered my question atari.Fair play or no playing at all.

Old 09.26.2006, 07:28 AM   #76
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'll take your word on that Sonicl. Why all the fuss about being gay then. I don't think that it's important for people on this forum to know what sex turns me on. It's irrelevent.
Erm....shoes anyone?

Old 09.26.2006, 07:33 AM   #77
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Erm....shoes anyone?

Ha! You're funny. Really!
Old 09.26.2006, 07:34 AM   #78
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Yeah, why all the hoopla, people?

You're gay.

So fucking what?

You people that go around mentioning your gayness every day, in many cases, multiple times a day, are like a bunch of hypocritical, disingenuous Christians that always say "Jesus" over and over to convince themselves that they believe something.

I guess gayness is your religion.

Guess what?

You're a human being first and gay second.

"in the name of Jesus"..."in the name of Jesus"...
Old 09.26.2006, 07:43 AM   #79
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, why all the hoopla, people?

You're gay.

So fucking what?

You people that go around mentioning your gayness every day, in many cases, multiple times a day, are like a bunch of hypocritical, disingenuous Christians that always say "Jesus" over and over to convince themselves that they believe something.

I guess gayness is your religion.

Guess what?

You're a human being first and gay second.

"in the name of Jesus"..."in the name of Jesus"...

Wow you really told me something that:

1 - I don't know already
2 - I haven't been told already
3 - I'm not totally happy and comfortable with already

Christ,atari,you really are made of bricks!

Old 09.26.2006, 07:43 AM   #80
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Still,you haven't answered my question atari.Fair play or no playing at all.

You seem to describe yourself a lot and attribute those characteristics to me. You do this with others as well. It's a trick you learned that you somehow think always works.

It's not my fault if you are too obstinate in your perceptions to understand what I've already explained.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth