Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Let Us Talk About Sonic Youth Songs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2009, 05:07 PM   #21
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
8) What SY song do you not "get?"
Freezer Burn/I Wanna Be Your Dog

how do you not "get" that song?
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 05:11 PM   #22
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
1) What Sonic Youth song brings you the greatest silly, unbridled joy?
confusion is next

2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychadelic?"
she's in a bad mood

3) What SY song do you find most sad?
jc

4) What SY song do you think has the sexiest "feel" to it?
eliminator jr.

5) What Sonic Youth song do you wish you had written?
cross the breeze

6) Which SY song is the most "beautiful?" (obviously a personal matter)
kotton krown

7) Which Sonic Youth song makes you laugh the most?
rap version of screaming skull

none
Old 01.14.2009, 05:13 PM   #23
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
i just can't feel kim screaming in all ways.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 05:34 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you gotta pretend she is using her "sugar walls" to "tear off" yr cock "flesh"

Old 01.14.2009, 05:48 PM   #25
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
1) What Sonic Youth song brings you the greatest silly, unbridled joy? Hyperstation

2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychadelic?" Protect Me You

3) What SY song do you find most sad? Hoarfrost... or NYC G+F

4) What SY song do you think has the sexiest "feel" to it? Panty Lies

5) What Sonic Youth song do you wish you had written? no wishes here

6) Which SY song is the most "beautiful?" (obviously a personal matter) Cinderella's Big Score

7) Which Sonic Youth song makes you laugh the most? Total Trash

8) What SY song do you not "get?" Drunken Butterfly
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 05:49 PM   #26
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Mary-Christ

Diamond Sea
Sweet Shine
Also Sweet Shine
Cross the Breeze
Diamond Sea
Master-Dik
A lot of the stuff of ATL. First track especially.
Old 01.14.2009, 05:52 PM   #27
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you gotta pretend she is using her "sugar walls" to "tear off" yr cock "flesh"

oh, I think that wouldn't be nice

Old 01.14.2009, 05:58 PM   #28
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
A lot of the stuff of ATL. First track especially.

this is the point why I love ATL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
rap version of screaming skull

where I can find this one?

Old 01.14.2009, 06:18 PM   #29
al shabbray

-nicfit

-hits of sunshine

-wish fulfilment
-100% and a lot of kim tunes
-theresas soundworld (soundwise) so simple and beautiful

-definaely a lee one

dont know
-reena
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 06:18 PM   #30
uhler
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
this is the point why I love ATL.

where I can find this one?

http://www.freewebs.com/sonikyouth/rarities.htm

go down a bit on the page and you can dl the whole thing.
Old 01.14.2009, 06:19 PM   #31
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Inhuman/Eric's Trip
2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychedelic?"
Hallowe'en
I'm Insane/Justice is Might. Mainly because of the riff when the songs overlap.
Shaking Hell
I don't know.
Candle
Master-Dik
Diamond Sea. It's an alright song, but not the greatest thing they've ever done.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 06:19 PM   #32
al shabbray

A lot of the stuff of ATL. First track especially.[/quote]

for me that one is one of the best kim songs of all time. it definately got a great magic-turn-moment. and it sounds like autumn
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 06:20 PM   #33
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

thank you.
haa that song fucking rules, whay much better than normal one!

Old 01.14.2009, 07:14 PM   #34
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
1) What Sonic Youth song brings you the greatest silly, unbridled joy? Orange Rolls, Angels Split

2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychadelic?" Satan is Boring

3) What SY song do you find most sad? Wish Fulfillment

4) What SY song do you think has the sexiest "feel" to it? Shaking Hell

5) What Sonic Youth song do you wish you had written? Eyeliner

6) Which SY song is the most "beautiful?" (obviously a personal matter) Or

7) Which Sonic Youth song makes you laugh the most? Compilation Blues

8) What SY song do you not "get?" Lightenin'

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 07:15 PM   #35
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Diamond Sea. It's an alright song, but not the greatest thing they've ever done.

Same here.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 07:37 PM   #36
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:

Awesome
Old 01.14.2009, 08:28 PM   #37
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Teen Age Riot, bar none
Hits of Sunsine
I Love Her All The Time
'Cross The Breeze
Brother James or She is Not Alone
The Diamond Sea
The Trilogy
Contre Le Sexisme
Old 01.14.2009, 11:41 PM   #38
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Great questions! Off the top of my head. without too much thought:

1) What Sonic Youth song brings you the greatest silly, unbridled joy? - Cotton Crown.

2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychadelic?" - Hits of Sunshine

3) What SY song do you find most sad? - NYC G&F. Amazing song, but I can hardly ever listen to it.

4) What SY song do you think has the sexiest "feel" to it? - Halloween

5) What Sonic Youth song do you wish you had written? - Schizophrenia, along with almost every other.

6) Which SY song is the most "beautiful?" (obviously a personal matter) - Depends on my mood, but The Sprawl is right at the top.

7) Which Sonic Youth song makes you laugh the most? - Their sense of humor usually doesn't jibe with mine, but probably Master-Dik. The way Thurston mimics the Kiss sample and sings Gene Simmons name is pretty funny.

8) What SY song do you not "get?" - There are a few, but Stream X-Sonic Subway comes to mind.
Old 01.15.2009, 02:31 AM   #39
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Funness!

1) What Sonic Youth song brings you the greatest silly, unbridled joy? "Expressway to Yr. Skull" wherein we kill all of the California girls with a smile on our face and just keep feeling good for all of a looped groove infinity.

2) Which Sonic youth song is the most "psychedelic?" I had to fix the spelling, it was driving me crazy. So many to choose from here, eh? I'll go with "Early American" which I heard for the first time on acid.

3) What SY song do you find most sad? "I Love You Golden Blue" which I always associate with the death of my friend Scott Jernigen, who was also my wife's first boyfriend in high school. He was a pretty huge Sonic Youth fan, and I've always kind of wondered if the song was about him as Nurse came out almost exactly a year after he died and I think Karp actually played with Sonic Youth a couple times. It probably isn't really, but we tend to make associations with music nonetheless.

4) What SY song do you think has the sexiest "feel" to it? "Titanium Expose", though that's very influenced by the video.

5) What Sonic Youth song do you wish you had written? "Sunday" I used to dj Sunday nights in Olympia at the dance club everyone went to, and when I saw them play at Bumbershoot in Seattle, Thurston for some reason dedicated "Sunday" to Olympia. I proceeded to use it as a last song many a night at Thekla (the club I djed at) after that.

6) Which SY song is the most "beautiful?" (obviously a personal matter) Incredibly tough call, but I'll go with "The Diamond Sea" which almost brought me to tears one time listening to it driving across the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma coming back from my grandparents. One of those moments when music and setting gel so perfectly that it's devastating.

"Paper Cup Exit" Lee's dumbest lyrics ever, and so great because of it.

8) What SY song do you not "get?" I was listening to A Thousand Leaves the other day and while I really enjoyed "Female Mechanic Now on Duty" I couldn't tell you what the hell Kim is going on about in the second half. I think she was consciously (or just as likely unconsiously) trying to sound like Yoko maybe (which I actually think is pretty cool, but does not lead to making sense).
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 02:44 AM   #40
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Silver Rocket, Teenage Riot, Titanium Expose
Mote, In the Kingdom #19, Eric's Trip
Tunic
Star Power, Drunken Butterfly, Shadow of a Doubt, Bull in the Heather, Sympathy for the Strawberry, Jams Run Free, Shaking Hell
'Cross the Breeze
Expressway To Yr Skull, Schizophrenia, Cotton Crown, Tom Violence, Star Power, Shadow of a Doubt
Confusion is Next
Light's Out
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth