Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Silent Sonic Youth
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2009, 01:37 PM   #21
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
yeah to be honest I pay very little attention to the lyrics. Unless Lee's singing. so I guess my answer would be every lee song.
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 03:52 PM   #22
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses
i just think about how it would be for me if i went deaf and never heard that music before and was only able to read the lyrics. i guess i'd love them even more because i could compose the music to "tom violence" in my head. makes me go crazy just to think about it.
Old 07.30.2009, 03:59 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latham
Lets say that you can never listen to Sonic Youth ever again. However, your given a book with all the lyrics to all the songs SY ever written. Without the music or vocals, which song would mean the most to you? Are there any that you would change your opinion on, like if you really loved the lyrics to a song but hated the vocals?

P.S. - Does anyone else jump when they listen to Freezer Burn/I Wanna Be Your Dog and the Iggy Pop cover suddenly kicks in?

"Howling scriptures to the mother earth
O mother Africa awake yr sun
Caught shadow/in sex meadow
Little darlings describe the scene
To all the mommas with the money eyes
Purring notions of the dripping dream
This kinda love comes in any size
Sensation shaking us from sleep
Hey Ethiopia were free"

Dripping Dream is about my own dream, my own ambition, I don't know how they jumped in my head and captured it into that verse above, but that verse describes my life, and these days the dream feels so far away that it is melting, dripping..

"Time takes its crazy toll
and how does your mirror grow
you better watch yourself when you jump into it
'cause the mirror's gonna steal your soul "

as the years add up and flow by like water, the moments of self-reflection are puzzling and yet wildly amusing at times.. I love this verse

"Suddenly the trees were flashing by us
Clouds reflecting fast across your eyes
We turned into a frozen medow
The wind the only sound
‘We’ll know where when we get there’ you said
‘We’ll know where when we get there’ you said "

but I must confess, the depth of these lyrics is mostly captured in the sound and musical feel of the tune itself, so it is less to the point of this thread I suppose.

"Sing yr children
Yr children song
Sing yr love child
Love is on
See thru child eyes
Eyes are old
And old is magic growing
See the child lights
Spinning gold
Everyday girl
They blow away
Leaves falling to the water
Wildflowers
For you today
Sing yr birthday
Yr birthday blues
Sing yr wild light
Wildflowers bloom
They will not forget you
And down/they go
To sleep/so slow
Away/they grow
They go
I wait/i wait all day
Sing yr love child
Love is on
Sing yr child lights
Sing yr child lights
Lights are gold
Sing yr child life
Wildflower soul"

phenomenal tune.

"
terrible hit strikes today
A terrible hit for the parade
Burnin' eyes seek jesus comin
Jesus comes to pave the way"

I love this tune. This is a hope filled lyric to brighten up an otherwise dreary day..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 09:02 AM   #24
emmebr25
little trouble girl

emmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's assesemmebr25 kicks all y'all's asses
lyrics that mean the most to me are prob Free City Rhymes, wish fulfillment, Saucerlike. I like cotton crown lyrics too.
emmebr25 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2019, 09:20 AM   #25
Samdav09
empty page

Samdav09 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
It would be definitely Unmade bed
Samdav09 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth