Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jimmy Dore
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2020, 12:12 PM   #1
Debaser
empty page

Debaser has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Anyone follow him on YouTube? He's a comedian who used to work for The Young Turks, started his own show as an affiliate of TYT and now he's completely independent from them.

Used to be a big fan but find him more and more insufferable lately. Everything has to be 'pure' to ideology.
Debaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2020, 12:15 PM   #2
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
0/10.
Old 04.15.2020, 12:23 PM   #3
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
0/10.

Care to explain?
Old 04.15.2020, 02:05 PM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
He could end up in a similar place to Tim Pool, who insists he's a disaffected but still sympathetic democrat, but whose audience seems to be mainly made up of straight-up Trump fans.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2020, 04:20 PM   #5
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I still watch TYT every now and then, but I can't really stand Jimmy Dore. Insufferable about sums it up. I always thought he was one of the least likeable of the bunch. Well, at least he didn't end up like Dave Rubin, catering to the alt-right and the so-called intellectual dark-web whilst mainting to be an "oldschool liberal" - Yeah, right ...

Also, isn't he supposed to be like a comedian? I think I never even chuckled at any of his stuff. Always thought Cenk was a lot better at delivering funny or at least amusing anecdotes and he's not a true-blue comedian. Just my opinion though...

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2020, 06:19 PM   #6
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He could end up in a similar place to Tim Pool, who insists he's a disaffected but still sympathetic democrat, but whose audience seems to be mainly made up of straight-up Trump fans.

I don't really know a lot about Tim Pool but he comes across as an equivalent to the Five Star Movement in Italy. To be fair, if my memory serves Pool was on Dore's show at one point and they weren't really agreeing.

He's not there yet, but I worry that he's turning into an American equivalent of Spiked in the UK. Spiked is basically a far right organisation that pretends to be of the left.
Old 04.15.2020, 06:20 PM   #7
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Wait.....you mean the first time poster who started this thread was not giving us a spammercial for some show?
Old 04.15.2020, 06:25 PM   #8
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Wait.....you mean the first time poster who started this thread was not giving us a spammercial for some show?

i've posted here before actually, I don't really know why they weren't counted. Weird.
Old 04.15.2020, 06:41 PM   #9
Skuj
invito al cielo

Ok. Then I apologize. Kick my ass. Kick it hard.
Old 04.15.2020, 07:05 PM   #10
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Ok. Then I apologize. Kick my ass. Kick it hard.

No worries
Old 04.15.2020, 07:36 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser
No worries
do it! he likes it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2020, 08:10 PM   #12
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Spiked is basically a far right organisation that pretends to be of the left.

How so?
Old 04.15.2020, 08:23 PM   #13
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
How so?

Brendan O'Neill recently released an article attacking 'the lefts' criticism of Priti Patel a few days ago, sums Spiked up for me. Poor Priti and her government is being criticised. What the actual fuck...Where to even begin.
Old 04.15.2020, 10:28 PM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I always thought the point of that article wasn't to defend Priti Patel's politics, but rather to attack a section of the 'woke' Left that reserves a special level of hatred for anyone from a minority group who doesn't happen to share theirs.
Old 04.16.2020, 12:30 PM   #15
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
He's not there yet, but I worry that he's turning into an American equivalent of Spiked in the UK. Spiked is basically a far right organisation that pretends to be of the left.

Haven't seen any of his stuff as of late, but wow, he's leaning that direction now? I mean, can't say I'm completely surprised given some of his tendencies even when he was still with TYT. But still...

Then again, we've seen similar shit happen with Rubin. Hell, the guy even downright endorsed Bolsanaro.

Old 04.16.2020, 03:18 PM   #16
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Haven't seen any of his stuff as of late, but wow, he's leaning that direction now? I mean, can't say I'm completely surprised given some of his tendencies even when he was still with TYT. But still...

Then again, we've seen similar shit happen with Rubin. Hell, the guy even downright endorsed Bolsanaro.

Well..not quite but he seems to be defending Trump a hell of a lot more than defending other 'progressives.' Maybe i'm unfair but it seems that way more to me. Perhaps he's doing it to make a point...fuck knows
Old 04.16.2020, 03:38 PM   #17
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well..not quite but he seems to be defending Trump a hell of a lot more than defending other 'progressives.' Maybe i'm unfair but it seems that way more to me. Perhaps he's doing it to make a point...fuck knows

Yeah, I think I've noticed a few micro-statements even back in the day (talking the 2016 elections here) that kind of teetered that direction. He was still rather on the side of progressives then though. If I remember correctly he had more of a "either a specific candidate or bust" attitude back then. I mean, I'd have preferred Bernie over any of the other candidates too, but the "or bust"- sentiment didn't quite sit well with me. Oh well, didn't like his style then, and seems like I like him even less if he actually seems to defend that orange buffoon over progressives now.

Ever watched Sam Seder/The Majority Report? I think he ticks a few of the Jimmy Dore-boxes (comedic-angle, bold talk, etc.), but more progressive and in my opinion a good bit more likeable.

Old 04.16.2020, 03:44 PM   #18
Debaser
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Yeah, I think I've noticed a few micro-statements even back in the day (talking the 2016 elections here) that kind of teetered that direction. He was still rather on the side of progressives then though. If I remember correctly he had more of a "either a specific candidate or bust" attitude back then. I mean, I'd have preferred Bernie over any of the other candidates too, but the "or bust"- sentiment didn't quite sit well with me. Oh well, didn't like his style then, and seems like I like him even less if he actually seems to defend that orange buffoon over progressives now.

Ever watched Sam Seder/The Majority Report? I think he ticks a few of the Jimmy Dore-boxes (comedic-angle, bold talk, etc.), but more progressive and in my opinion a good bit more likeable.

Yeah I watch The Majority Report now and again. My favourite is probably Secular Talk. Don't get me wrong, there's obviously nothing wrong criticising 'your base' but there's something a bit 'off' with the way Dore presents it.
Old 05.02.2020, 05:18 AM   #19
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I just watched an interview he did on Joe Rogan from a few months ago. He came over really well.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth