Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page black sabbath reunion kerfuffle
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2011, 12:09 PM   #1
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ion_today.html

http://www.nme.com/artists/black-sabbath

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/iommi-do...h-reunion-7920

i can neither confirm nor deny my restrained excitement, but it seems there is a sliver of hope this may come to pass, and that we may get our socks rocked off in the ultimate style. if so, i would just hope they would play shows on their own outside of ozzfest which seems so tortuous. and that ozzy would not insist on screaming innane crowd-baiting blather while the band are perfectly executing genre-defining monster riffs.

pretty please
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Would be awesome. Hope its with the original lineup.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2011, 12:19 PM   #3
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Taken from Krist Novoselic's twatter:

@kristnovoselic
I will also be part of the Black Sabbath reunion playing accordion on every song off Sabotage with Tony, Bill, Gezzer an the Oz Man!
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Woa :O
Old 11.12.2011, 09:22 PM   #5
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
sorted, thanks

http://blacksabbath.com/
http://www.black-sabbath.com/

reunion albums can be notoriously dissapointing, this band is one that could defy the stereotype. if they say their new stuff is strongly reminiscent of the old, i can't help but hope they're right. will definitely attend tour.

to paraphrase kerouac: first metal, best metal
Old 11.12.2011, 10:19 PM   #6
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I might go!!
Old 11.12.2011, 11:42 PM   #7
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
i saw them last time they were together and it was pretty much the most awesome thing ever. ozzy ruled too, it was serious metal pandemonium when he played the harmonica on the wizard and threw it out
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2011, 12:38 AM   #8
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I agree, but it's something to look forward to. I just wonder what they will do with Ozzy's voice? Can't say I stay up on his new releases, but songs I've hard on the radio over the past several years all sound like they have some sort of echo effect. I just wonder if he can still bring it......sure hope he can!

Ozzy barely "sang" to begin with. I like his vocals in Black Sabbath, but they are not the most interesting part of the band by along shot. Never cared for his solo career. Bands often have to adjust their playing to their changed voices after 30-40 years. I saw the Buffalo Springfield reunion (very different band, approximately same age), was afraid it might dissapoint, but they did a great job; arrangements adjusted to fit older voices. Not exactly the same as their youth, not reasonable to expect them to be. My concern is that Tony, Geezer and Bill find a way to rekindle the writing and arranging ability they had in their youth. With that in place, it won't be hard for Ozzy to play his part, even if his speech is permanently slurred.
Old 11.13.2011, 01:44 PM   #9
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
ozzy's vocals should be about as fine as they always were. i think people are over-exaggerating the "slurring" accusation. he's always done that.

i'm practically selling both of my testicles just to be a fly on the wall for this one.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2011, 05:18 PM   #10
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I'll check it out if it comes around.
Old 01.10.2012, 03:32 PM   #11
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

Tony Iommi has lymphoma

http://www.iommi.com/index.php?story=151

bummer, I hope they can continue recording the new album with the original sab lineup and future tour.
Old 02.03.2012, 01:19 PM   #12
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Get well, Iommi.

In other news:

Los Angeles, CA – February 2, 2012

Dear Sabbath Fans, Fellow Musicians and Interested Parties,

At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the Black Sabbath album and tour. However, I am unable to continue unless a “signable” contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band. Last year, I worked diligently in good faith with Tony, Ozzy and Geezer. And on 11/11/11, again in good faith, I participated in the L.A. press conference. Several days ago, after nearly a year of trying to negotiate, another “unsignable” contract was handed to me.

Let me say that although this has put me in some kind of holding pattern, I am packed and ready to leave the U.S. for England. More importantly, I definitely want to play on the album, and I definitely want to tour with Black Sabbath.

Since the news of Tony’s illness, and the understanding that the band would move production to the U.K., I’ve spent everyday getting to or living in a place of readiness to leave. That involves something of a task, and as I’ve tried to find out what’s going on with the U.K. sessions, I’ve realized that I’ve been getting “the cold shoulder” (and, I might add, not for the first time). Feeling somewhat ostracized, my guess is as of today, I will know nothing of what’shappening unless I sign “the unsignable contract.”
The place I’m in feels lousy and lonely because as much as I want to play and participate, I also have to stand for something and not sign on. If I sign as-is, I stand to lose my rights, dignity and respectability as a rock musician. I believe in freedom and freedom of speech. I grew up in a hard rock/metal band. We stood for something then, and we played from the heart with honesty and sincerity. I am in the spirit of integrity, far from the corporate malady, I am real and honest, fair and compassionate.

If I’m replaced, I have to face you, the beloved Sabbath fans. I hope you will not hold me responsible for the failure of an original Black Sabbath lineup as promoted. Without fault finding, I want to assure everyone that my loyalty to Sabbath is intact.

So here I am. I lay my truth down before you. I’m good to go IF I get a “signable” contract. I don’t want to let anyone down, especially Black Sabbath and all the Sabbath fans. You know I love you. It would be a sad day in Rock if this current situation fell to the desires of a few.
My position is not greed-driven. I’m not holding out for a “big piece” of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal. I’d like something that recognizes and is reflective of my contributions to the band, including the reunions that started fourteen years ago. After the last tour I vowed to never again sign on to an unreasonable contract. I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family, a contract that will honor all that I’ve brought to Black Sabbath since its beginning.

That’s the story so far.

Stay safe and stay strong.

I love every single one of you.

–Bill Ward

It's pretty sad that they're bickering over money this late in their career. I doubt Bill Ward is being greedy here, but obviously someone is. Ozzy? Sharon?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2012, 01:53 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
they always try to diss Bill Ward, he deserves his credit and not to be dissed. they already kicked him out of the last reunion, and the only reason they want Bill back is because they know we Sabbath fans know Bill Ward is the rhythmic heart of Sabbath, and there could be no authentic reunion sans Bill Ward, and so to have a "reunion" they needed Bill, but they had already dissed Bill so what could we and they expect? Besides, shouldn't we be focusing on Tony's recovery?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2012, 04:42 PM   #14
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
bill ward is officially out.

as am i.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...ard_is_ou.html

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2012, 02:56 PM   #15
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

fuuuuuuuuck that suuuuuuuucks!
Old 02.04.2012, 03:34 PM   #16
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

FUUCK THAT SUCKS! I should probably sell me fucking ticket. I wanted to see this ESPECALLY because Bill Ward's in.. one of my all time favourite drummers.
Old 02.04.2012, 05:08 PM   #17
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
That sucks. I was born too late for Sabbath although they influenced many bands I grew up on.
Old 05.16.2012, 12:49 AM   #18
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

Bill Ward officially out for the three currently scheduled shows. Suuuucks.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/05...12-live-shows/

Occupy Black Sabbath!
Old 05.19.2012, 12:26 PM   #19
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

First show of the current "reunion" w/ Ozzy's drummer tonight. On the lookout for video/audio/reportage.
Old 05.19.2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Bill Ward is gone from all the photos in the gallery.
WHAT THE FUCK!!

http://www.blacksabbath.com/

Childish shit, seriously.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth