Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Petition to add a second NY date, or move to a larger venue
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 09:26 AM   #1
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i am starting a petition, to have Sonic Youth add a second NYC date or move the CBGBs show to a much larger venue

CBGBs can only hold about 300 people, in the city of New York, that is far too small, it would seem that people with the fastest internet service should have the privilege to see Sonic Youth in NYC

so am asking for fan support, band support, and habib's support in taking this thought into consideration

thanks
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:27 AM   #2
vertex
empty page

vertex ain't too shabbyvertex ain't too shabby
i'm starting a petition for you to stop being such a crybaby.
vertex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:28 AM   #3
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
seems like a second show would be most feasible. i'm all for that, as you know.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:28 AM   #4
GrumpyOldMan
empty page

GrumpyOldMan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I got shafted out of tickets this morning too. I will definately sign a petition to have them play another show in NYC this summer.
GrumpyOldMan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:29 AM   #5
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex
i'm starting a petition for you to stop being such a crybaby.

please don't be an ass, he worded it nicely and isn't whining.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:30 AM   #6
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
oh sorry, did someone say something, i can't tell if you're being ignored
Old 05.05.2006, 09:30 AM   #7
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
i'm sure they will play nyc again this summer. the charm of this show was the fact that it was cbgbs.
Old 05.05.2006, 09:33 AM   #8
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
like i said before IT'S NOT LIKE THEY WON'T HAVE ANOTHER SHOW IN THIS AREA LATER THIS YEAR!.

Playing cbgb's is cool for the band and the people who managed to get tix. The rest of us can see them later this year.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:36 AM   #9
melizzard
empty page

melizzard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
it selling out was totally expected...but all i want to know is if any single effing live being was actually able to purchase tickets? that's all i want to know at the moment, because it seems like absolutely no one was able to logon to ticketweb, put 2 tickets in their cart, and checkout. the system failed.
melizzard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:41 AM   #10
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

well the thing is if the club capacity is 300, and the maximum amount of tickets per credit card that can be bought is 2, that means just around 150 people were able to get tickets

and i would swear that nearly everyone that got tix, they got 2 because they could
Old 05.05.2006, 09:44 AM   #11
shredded fish
empty page

shredded fish has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm sure SY will enjoy playing to a sold out crowd of TicketWeb employees.
shredded fish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:45 AM   #12
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
i'm sure they will play nyc again this summer. the charm of this show was the fact that it was cbgbs.

Yeah, y'know its cool that some new yorkers are gonna get to see sonic youth in a really fucking small venue. It would have been nice for me to see them play CBGBs if only to get the taste out of my mouth of having only seen 3 of my friend's bands play there, and never a real band. But, I'll deal with it. Plus, I've seen Sonic Youth like 5 times already and I save 30 bucks this way. Sucks for those who haven't seen them, but I'm sure you will sometime soon.

I don't think they've only played New York once when they've released any record so I'm sure they'll play again this summer, if not, sometime in the fall. When Nurse came out I saw them both at Webster Hall and the North Six. (anyone have bootlegs of either of these, by the way.) The Webster Hall show was great but the sound at the Northsix show wasn't nearly as loud as it should have been.

When Murray Street came out I saw them at Bowery Ballroom and Irving Plaza. They tend to play at least two shows in New York, although they usually play the bigger venue on tour first and then swing back around for the smaller venue in the fall. I guess they might be doin' the opposite this time.

Wonder if they're gonna do some shows w/ the flaming lips or if that was just a random idea Thurston had that never saw fruition.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:46 AM   #13
vertex
empty page

vertex ain't too shabbyvertex ain't too shabby
the representative on the phone told me that only 100 tickets went on sale at 10am. cb's is probably holding on to a bunch of spots VIP assholes because thats how rock n roll works. oh, and in the past, sold out shows usually have 35 tickets available day of show at the door. sounds like a pissing contest that i will keep my distance from.
vertex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:47 AM   #14
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry you didnt get tix. that sucks.

I agree that they should play a bigger venue as well. it doesnt really make sense that they are playing only one very tiny venue in such a huge city.
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:48 AM   #15
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
yesterday Pearl Jam played a short set at the Ed Sullivan Theatre after their Letterman appearance..makes me wonder where Sonic Youth were during all of this.
I haven't watched this yet, but Dave kept referring to a "webcast" (& erroneously, albeit jokingly, to a "podcast" for the show, so I found the link
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latesho..._on_letterman/
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:53 AM   #16
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

well honestly i don't have a problme with CBGB's and the signifigance of it,

but the thing is the first show on the tour, only hold 300 people, it would have better if they did it like 92, play CBGB's billed as Drunken Butterfly, and not have internet frenzied fans go ape shit over less tickets then we were lead to believe
Old 05.05.2006, 09:53 AM   #17
SYphilis
empty page

SYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud of
I have yet to see a single fan here that got tickets. What sucks is you all say, "They'll play NY again." but I don't live in NY, I'm only going to be there for the summer. I live, cruelly, in Austin as a college student. They are playing Austin while I'm in NY at a huge venue, but by the time I get back to Austin, where they've already played, they'll probably be swinging back up to NY.

It sucks being a huge fan of a band sometimes.
SYphilis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:56 AM   #18
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm sure they'll schedule another date. maybe we'll have better luck with tickets at the next one.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 09:58 AM   #19
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Ticketweb completely fucked me. I went to buy the tickets at 10:00 AM sharp. I selected the tickets, the method (it was Will Call only), put in all of my info. When I went to process it, they said there was an error with my password. I clicked back, tried it again. I had to do it three times before it worked. When it finally let me through, it said that there were no longer any tickets for the show. That was at 10:03. A friend of mine got fucked too. It wouldn't even let him log in. The site was extremely slow and was having problems all around.
amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:01 AM   #20
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

the funny thing is i thought i had an amazing chance, you can skip typing in all that info if you have your card number set up with your billing info and address, but even then it took two minutes for the page to load, and when i clicked on the icon it took another two minutes until i found out they were all gone

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth