Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page My 2 year old step-daughter likes Sonic Youth :)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.14.2007, 04:04 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I was driving the other day and she was in the car, and I was playing EJTNS and Sweet Shine came on. She started to sing along, of course, not knowing the words. but when Kim was real quiet, she was just quietly going "laaa laaa," and when it picked up, even before Kim started with the "WOOOO, I'm coming home!" stuff, our little girl started screaming "AHHHH!" And not like the freaked out kind either, it's like she remembered that part was coming up, and she was singing along with it. Kids are awesome
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 04:43 PM   #2
hotbutterknives
bad moon rising

hotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asses
thats so cool,,, can't wait to have kids ( or maybe not ...)
hotbutterknives is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 05:17 PM   #3
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Kim G's for the kids
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 06:49 PM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I wish my little cousin liked SY. She's like two but I saw her dancing weirdly to Kanye West once.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
my boyfriend's nieces like pretty much anything i put on. i love it when they come over (the oldest one is 8) to visit or spend the night. i still don't want kids. i make a better auntie than a mommy.
Old 03.15.2007, 01:24 AM   #6
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I've posted about my kids music favs before; but I love that they know the words and sing and dance with me to my music. Kellian was 7 for her first concert which was a small local festival show that included Weezer, Garbage, and Beck. Her 2nd show a few months later was the Violent Femmes.

Evan, my 3-yr old loves the Pixies, his fav song is Where's my Mind, which he walks around singing often. Hearing this hardcore baby boys voice singing 'where is myyyyyy miiiinnnddd' is the best.

They are both way into Sonic Youth and Nirvana too. With SY they both tend to gravitate to Goo and Dirty more, probably becuz of the more simplistic lyrical structure and they are songs we can groove too. Evan's fav SY song's to sing are Goo & Kool Thing. Kellian's favs are also Goo & Kool thing, but she loves Titanium Expose, Sugar Kane and Drunken Butterfly.

Other cd's they will actually ask me to put on include Sleater Kinney, White Stripes, Beck, Modest Mouse, Violent Femmes and my 80's mixes.
god, your kids are cooler than i am.
Old 03.15.2007, 09:05 AM   #7
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i can see why kids would like sonic youth, more EJST&NS, dirty, goo and washing machine, the more poppy ones. I can see why kids love noise music too, i remember hearing noise/feedback type music for the first time and loving it, it breaks the mould for that whole verse chorus verse way that most kids music is written in. I definitely want to have children.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2007, 09:56 AM   #8
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I was driving the other day and she was in the car, and I was playing EJTNS and Sweet Shine came on. She started to sing along, of course, not knowing the words. but when Kim was real quiet, she was just quietly going "laaa laaa," and when it picked up, even before Kim started with the "WOOOO, I'm coming home!" stuff, our little girl started screaming "AHHHH!" And not like the freaked out kind either, it's like she remembered that part was coming up, and she was singing along with it. Kids are awesome
That's really cool man, let's hope she'll keep listening to good music when she's in her puberty.
Old 03.15.2007, 10:07 AM   #9
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i get my 4 yr old newphew dancing to dead kennedys and running around the house screaming POL POT and I FOUGHT THE LAW AND I WON! its very fun
Old 03.15.2007, 06:26 PM   #10
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Haha thats so cute...

When I was young I was singing along to 'Groovy Kind of Love'.

When I have Kids they are gonna be so cool...bring them up on a diet of Sonic Youth, Radiohead and The Velvet Underground - gonna have little indie kids hehe
Old 03.16.2007, 11:50 AM   #11
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i can see why kids would like sonic youth, more EJST&NS, dirty, goo and washing machine, the more poppy ones. I can see why kids love noise music too, i remember hearing noise/feedback type music for the first time and loving it, it breaks the mould for that whole verse chorus verse way that most kids music is written in. I definitely want to have children.
yeah, she likes the noise stuff too. In fact, we got her this little keyboard at goodwill, and it's nothing special by a long shot, but if you get a programmed beat started, then start mashing the keys, it make crazy noises. She will do that all day long. I'd say most parents stifle that sort of thing, and that's why children grow up not exploring things for themself. I let her do basically what she wants as far as that stuff goes. I mean, we have structure, I don't want a kid running around the house in 10 years telling me to shut up and stealing my credit cards, but I let her be creative. If she draws all over a new bag we buy her, that's fine. If she feels that it would looks better with red circles all over it, hey, it's her bag
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth