Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Ciccone Youth Whitey Album - Advanced Promo or Actual Test Pressing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2010, 03:53 PM   #1
ericdube
empty page

ericdube has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I have a Ciccone Youth Whitey Album from Blast First, that I need help identifying as to what it's origin was for. I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me on verifying what it really is. (Chris Lawrence suggested I post it here since we weren't 100% sure if it's just an advanced copy/promo or something else such as a test pressing or even some sort of advanced copy/test pressing that was given out to radio stations and what not.)

I've looked on all the on-line discographies, and I can't seem to find any references to this from Blast First. It came in a standard Blast First branded record cover/outer sleeve with the band/album name handwritten in blue ink. The vinyl is black with a white (blank – not printed) record label on both sides.

There’s also a photocopied fold-out sheet for the track list and record information (looks like it was taken from the album, although the artwork towards the bottom of the copy doesn't look like it matches the front cover.)

Here's some pictures of it:

Album/Sleeve
Attached Sheet

I've seen test pressings from Blast First have the printed test pressing label on one and/or both sides, and I've also seen some with blank labels just like this one (that I was positive were test pressings.) I'm really torn on what it is!

The reason why I’m asking is that I’m thinking of selling it. Although, I'd really prefer not to sell it to tell you the truth. It's been really tough watching all my rare records go, but I really need the money right now to pay some bills in these tough economic times!

Honestly, I just wanted my listing to be accurate (I’d hate to mis-represent this as something it’s not). Anyway, I’m struggling what to do here!

Thanks for any help in advance!
ericdube is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth