Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.15.2017, 11:37 AM   #40461
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway i was just coming in to say while samsung phones are great hardware i really hate android

it's like the old days with beefed out winboxes on steroids--and a cheesy OS

if that makes me an apple fanboy so be it. lick my balls! say the eagle men.

(im not gonna buy the new overpriced thing but i'll be shopping for a deal come november)

Yup. Apple is better. But FUCK I hate it when they come out with something new. For fuck's sake! Now I want the $1000 iPhone X, but there's no way I'm buying it. The iPhone 7 still feels new to me. Goddamn piss! I hate that shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2017, 12:02 PM   #40462
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i want the SE

everything else is for the fucking birds
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2017, 07:27 PM   #40463
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i want the SE

everything else is for the fucking birds

Nah man, the SE is for old people, but also kinda not. I got one for my mom and the screen's too small for her to read it.

The 6 and 6s are aces. Vastly cheaper than the 7, and the only real difference is that the 7 has a wee bit more screen space and 4K video. The 6 and after models have the 3D Touch feature, which charges the whole way you interact with your phone, honestly. Makes everything easier and better.

The SE is great hardware, but it's not significantly better than the 5S in any way.

I'm not buying one of these new fuckers. The 8 or the X. Fuck that shit.

Basically, never buy one that isn't an "-S" model. Always hold out for the "S" edition. There is no 7s... or maybe that's what the 8 is... but whatever. I'm not even going to order a model for work if they become available. I'm boycotting this fuckery. Up until TWO DAYS AGO when you went to the Apple website it just jizzed all over you about the 7 being the best thing since two chicks at the same time, and now there's this new shit.

I know it's what they've always done, but I'm not falling for it this time. This is too much. (I'll get one eventually and be pissed when rumors of the NEXT one start pouring in. All companies are like this. Apple being the best doesn't make it OK.)
Old 09.15.2017, 08:04 PM   #40464
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
my wife has a 7 plus and i wouldn't get one

1. ugly design. i hate the camera nipple and the buttons. fuck that noise
2. gynormous. i already have an ipad so i don't need an ipad mini. she needed it at the time cuz she was working out of it though-- keeping files and shit.

i just need a fucking phone to make calls and access to my evernote/calendars/gmail/whatsapp and room for photos/music. take dick-tation. gimme a hotspot. that's it. read my messages siri you are a dumbfuck siri just fucking read them.

as for cameras and bullshit: i don't take fun photos. i take pictures at home depot of shit i wanna buy. then i think about it and add it to a shopping cart or i say nah and delete them

if i want to take a good photo i have a panasonic m43 and a small but growing glass collection.

i was FINE with an iphone 5 but then the battery swelled up and the glass cracked and something went to shit inside and i gave up on fixing it. my 4s still lives though. needs a new battery. but the 4s is really too small. the SE would be FINE. the 128 GB would be great. i might wait for the new iteration next year. hmmmm....

think about the X and tell me this: does it have a make-or-break feature for you? some sort of killer function that you can't live without? for me the answer is: fuck the shit NOE. i don't need it to read my fucking face. i don't need a racketball racket. i like edges. i don't like glass backs. i don't like at the fucker to look at my face. i don't need portrait mode for selfies. i don't need all that fucktardicity.

i just need ios and sufficient storage. everything else i dont give a flying fuck about. i like the thumbprint recognition so i don't punch a pin in public.

i need something to fit in my jeans pocket not a ping pong paddle. fuck giant phones. ipads are way better. i don't need a halfway-there device
Old 09.15.2017, 08:26 PM   #40465
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
my wife has a 7 plus and i wouldn't get one

1. ugly design. i hate the camera nipple and the buttons. fuck that noise
2. gynormous. i already have an ipad so i don't need an ipad mini. she needed it at the time cuz she was working out of it though-- keeping files and shit.

i just need a fucking phone to make calls and access to my evernote/calendars/gmail/whatsapp and room for photos/music. take dick-tation. gimme a hotspot. that's it. read my messages siri you are a dumbfuck siri just fucking read them.

as for cameras and bullshit: i don't take fun photos. i take pictures at home depot of shit i wanna buy. then i think about it and add it to a shopping cart or i say nah and delete them

if i want to take a good photo i have a panasonic m43 and a small but growing glass collection.

i was FINE with an iphone 5 but then the battery swelled up and the glass cracked and something went to shit inside and i gave up on fixing it. my 4s still lives though. needs a new battery. but the 4s is really too small. the SE would be FINE. the 128 GB would be great. i might wait for the new iteration next year. hmmmm....

think about the X and tell me this: does it have a make-or-break feature for you? some sort of killer function that you can't live without? for me the answer is: fuck the shit NOE. i don't need it to read my fucking face. i don't need a racketball racket. i like edges. i don't like glass backs. i don't like at the fucker to look at my face. i don't need portrait mode for selfies. i don't need all that fucktardicity.

i just need ios and sufficient storage. everything else i dont give a flying fuck about. i like the thumbprint recognition so i don't punch a pin in public.

i need something to fit in my jeans pocket not a ping pong paddle. fuck giant phones. ipads are way better. i don't need a halfway-there device

1) LOL

2) The X: YES, it has a telephoto zoom and 12 megapixel camera. That's been a non-thing in phone cameras for ever. No matter what, those optical zooms just pixelate your photo. When you take photos for print media with your phone, yes, having a telescopic zoom in a fucking phone is make-or-break. Work will probably force them on us.
I actually don't even quite believe it. I mean, how is TRUE zoom even possible with so little space? But whatever, if if works, it would turn my phone into a veritable mobile newsroom. And that would be Fucking kick Fucking ass.

But this is all specific to my situation. If I didn't have my job, I would probably still be using the 5. I just love iOS and the simplicity and style and functionality of the OS versus the chaotic Android bumfuckery. I HAAATE that shit.

So that's my answer about the make or break. If it's true about the camera, then I will eventually need to get one.

Imagine hauling a DSLR camera and three or four lenses everywhere you go, even though you're NOT a "photographer." Imagine the neck pain. Imagine the bulk, the likelihood of dropping something. And you have to have your phone with you on top of that for recording, notes, communications, etc.

Imagine being able to do it all with a phone smaller than the 7+ that also happens to shoot the highest quality video and have enough balls to layout pages. One 4 or 5 oz. jobber versus 10-15 pounds of shit in three bags.

That's a make or break if ever there was one.
Old 09.15.2017, 08:59 PM   #40466
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

do you know any pro photographer that works out of an iphone? come on. apple may hire some people for teh commercials but i don't know anyone who makes it the centerpiece of their professional workflow.

it's a nice consumer device but no more. it can do the occasional great trick sure. you can shoot a whole movie on it as a gimmick. but why?

spending a grand or two on it is nice if you can do it, but nobody that i know producing media "has to" have an iphone x to shoot stills/video

people have been getting around the dslr issue with mirrorless cameras for a while now. aps-C or mft are doing great. they've small and lightweight and can scale to nice rigs. a real lens still makes a big difference. shooting raw as well. the iphone x can't replace a nice macro or a 600mm tele or a fish eye etc etc not today satan. and sensor size is still sensor size.

so, if you *just* need the simplicity of ios (i do, i do miss it tons) the SE is both necessary and sufficient. it's the essential thing. the rest is just gloss and doesn't fit right in the pocket and why pay more for gloss. im not a glossy sort of person. im looking at it from a technical perspective and i'm thinking "nice glossy feature but irrelevant for me." 3d emojis lol. i'd pay $10 for them-- not $1200

eta: the 7plus already has the separate zoom lens. nice and all, but i sure dont *need* one.

last, if i need a big screen, i just jack it to the tv

SE or nothing for me

i'd rather spend the extra $600 in a couple of fun m43 lenses

no, this one: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417332,00.asp

with change to spare

or 2 new basic ipads xD ($300/ea--im loving it)
Old 09.15.2017, 09:33 PM   #40467
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

no no no no wait wait

for the price difference betwen the X and the SE you can buy this camera

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457349,00.asp
Old 09.16.2017, 10:16 AM   #40468
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
do you know any pro photographer that works out of an iphone? come on. apple may hire some people for teh commercials but i don't know anyone who makes it the centerpiece of their professional workflow.

it's a nice consumer device but no more. it can do the occasional great trick sure. you can shoot a whole movie on it as a gimmick. but why?

spending a grand or two on it is nice if you can do it, but nobody that i know producing media "has to" have an iphone x to shoot stills/video

people have been getting around the dslr issue with mirrorless cameras for a while now. aps-C or mft are doing great. they've small and lightweight and can scale to nice rigs. a real lens still makes a big difference. shooting raw as well. the iphone x can't replace a nice macro or a 600mm tele or a fish eye etc etc not today satan. and sensor size is still sensor size.

so, if you *just* need the simplicity of ios (i do, i do miss it tons) the SE is both necessary and sufficient. it's the essential thing. the rest is just gloss and doesn't fit right in the pocket and why pay more for gloss. im not a glossy sort of person. im looking at it from a technical perspective and i'm thinking "nice glossy feature but irrelevant for me." 3d emojis lol. i'd pay $10 for them-- not $1200

eta: the 7plus already has the separate zoom lens. nice and all, but i sure dont *need* one.

last, if i need a big screen, i just jack it to the tv

SE or nothing for me

i'd rather spend the extra $600 in a couple of fun m43 lenses

no, this one: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417332,00.asp

with change to spare

or 2 new basic ipads xD ($300/ea--im loving it)

Are you a shutterbug, Slambang?

I'm not a photographer. I just have to take photos all the time for work. But you know, you're right... it's not essential. I'm just saying if I had a fuckton of money and didn't need other things, I'd probably get one and it would come in handy for work. At least, if the thing really does what it says it can do.

Knowing that there will be another thing in no less than one year makes it even less "essential." I'm just saying, if somehow it was possible to have a true DSLR-level camera and all the rest together in one phone, and I could afford it, I'd buy one. But I'm not going to buy one.

I actually don't think work will force them on us. That would mean spending money, and my employer HATES stupid shit like spending money on anything ever, let alone frivolities. We have two DSLR cameras for our 8-person editorial staff. So, yeah.

The SE is definitely the best thing if all you want is iOS in a non-outdated device. I don't think they're going to make another one, but for the next year at least, the SE will still be able to receive OS updates and run new apps (if in a slightly less flashy way). Plus it's pretty cheap.
Old 09.16.2017, 11:21 AM   #40469
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

my wife is the one who takes pictures all the time, i just deal with the technical & budgetary portions of it, and occasionally i get on the mood and profit from the gear, but i'm not consistent with any of it. there was a time when i could have gotten into it but now i'm all about abstract pursuits i think.

read on mcrumors that an SE update was due early next year so i might hang on to the android garbage till then. which is a pity! cuz the samsung phone itself is a GREAT value-- thin and a nice big screen, removable battery, SD card slot, good reception, decent sound + color, etc. great product, would buy again.

it's just teh unavoidable OS that's utter tacky shit for me. like, i had to change the horrible default screen (pink and lavender triangles) so i had to buy a "skin" that looks decent (some ocean photos) but does messages.... on white letters over yellow background. i mean. who thinks up this garbage!? white letters on yellow background. morons on parade.

so i guess i have to get nickel and dimed with more fucktarded "skins" until i have the right one. then some shit is android proper and some is "samsung" branded crap (e.g. "samsung themes", "samsung notes", etc.). then there's stuff at the google play store, but if you want some amazon stuff you have to install a special amazon thing and download from within there and allow root access which might unleash who knows what demons. is it secure? is it not secure? *i don't have time for that stupid shit*

i don't wanna spend time thinking about "setting up my phone" endlessly for fucks sakes. white letters on yellow background! i have work to do. and leisure to enjoy. setting up a phone should be neither. a phone for me should be ready to do the work or entertain me right out of the box, of after 5 minutes of setup tops. this android shit is neither. has more controls than a fucking spacecraft and none do much that's actually useful.

lol, ok, rant over. xD

mcrumors!
Old 09.18.2017, 10:21 AM   #40470
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I begin a 3 hr radio show every Saturday 10 AM - 1 PM, on 96 Oldies radio Sugar Land TX. 50's-early 90's. Very excited.
Old 09.18.2017, 11:24 AM   #40471
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
my wife is the one who takes pictures all the time, i just deal with the technical & budgetary portions of it, and occasionally i get on the mood and profit from the gear, but i'm not consistent with any of it. there was a time when i could have gotten into it but now i'm all about abstract pursuits i think.

read on mcrumors that an SE update was due early next year so i might hang on to the android garbage till then. which is a pity! cuz the samsung phone itself is a GREAT value-- thin and a nice big screen, removable battery, SD card slot, good reception, decent sound + color, etc. great product, would buy again.

it's just teh unavoidable OS that's utter tacky shit for me. like, i had to change the horrible default screen (pink and lavender triangles) so i had to buy a "skin" that looks decent (some ocean photos) but does messages.... on white letters over yellow background. i mean. who thinks up this garbage!? white letters on yellow background. morons on parade.

so i guess i have to get nickel and dimed with more fucktarded "skins" until i have the right one. then some shit is android proper and some is "samsung" branded crap (e.g. "samsung themes", "samsung notes", etc.). then there's stuff at the google play store, but if you want some amazon stuff you have to install a special amazon thing and download from within there and allow root access which might unleash who knows what demons. is it secure? is it not secure? *i don't have time for that stupid shit*

i don't wanna spend time thinking about "setting up my phone" endlessly for fucks sakes. white letters on yellow background! i have work to do. and leisure to enjoy. setting up a phone should be neither. a phone for me should be ready to do the work or entertain me right out of the box, of after 5 minutes of setup tops. this android shit is neither. has more controls than a fucking spacecraft and none do much that's actually useful.

lol, ok, rant over. xD

mcrumors!

Haha. I totally feel you on all of this. I used to have an android phone, and I would just drive myself nuts with the widgets (are those still a thing?) -- like, they could be ANY size but the size I wanted and go ANYWEHERE but dead center, and they'd always move and stretch, and yeah, apps from all over the place and who knows what the fuck is what? I wasted hours and hours trying to get my phone "just right" until I realized that was not happening. Then I bought an iPhone and everything was just right already. Intuitive and nice and functional and all the apps are quality controlled (at least somewhat) and third parties have to abide by Apple rules and it was SUCH A FUCKING RELIEF. That was my first iPhone 5. I bought a 5s, then got a 6s for work, then got a personal 7, and I haven't always been thrilled but it's just infinitely better than the Android alternatives. Always. In, like, every way.
Old 09.18.2017, 08:11 PM   #40472
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I begin a 3 hr radio show every Saturday 10 AM - 1 PM, on 96 Oldies radio Sugar Land TX. 50's-early 90's. Very excited.

That's awesome! I was a DJ on college radio years ago, and I'd do it again to get paid lol

Break a leg!
Old 09.27.2017, 05:22 PM   #40473
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

"GOD HAS SENT US A JUDGE. HALLELLUJAH!"

http://wapo.st/2xy2Y7O

HHAAAA HAAA HAAAA

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

is there a link to stream it?
Old 09.28.2017, 08:29 AM   #40474
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://96oldies.com or on the ITune app. I will look into archiving the shows online.
Old 10.09.2017, 09:32 AM   #40475
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

found a patch of chantrelle mushrooms growing in my backyard, like 40-50 of them. Picked the 9-10 biggest and sauteed them with butter and some salt and pepper. put them on some eggs. fucking delicious.
Old 10.11.2017, 04:38 PM   #40476
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I knew I was right

There is growing concern that as well as addicting users, technology is contributing toward so-called “continuous partial attention”, severely limiting people’s ability to focus, and possibly lowering IQ. One recent study showed that the mere presence of smartphones damages cognitive capacity – even when the device is turned off. “Everyone is distracted,” Rosenstein says. “All of the time.”
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2017, 06:20 AM   #40477
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I just updated my Win 10 PC with the latest updates, and was reading the tips on what's new. There's a very stupid spelling error in page 6 of 9 (formatting is added by me):

Quote:
Oen een e-boek in Microsoft Edge, selecteer wat tekst op de pagina en selecteer vervolgens Markeren  of Een notitie toevoegen .

The translation of Oen according to http://www.interglot.com/dictionary/nl/en/translate/oen

Thank you Microsoft for calling me stupid!!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2017, 07:15 PM   #40478
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Finally settled at the apartment. Took a bit since we decided to buy everything as we go instead of buying a bunch of shit right off the bat. Found a job only after a month of being here....It's nice. Honestly only took about a week to find. I wasn't looking right away for a job since my girlfriend and I only had one car and she works a bit of a ways from home. Anyways....I'm working for a logistics company....and yeah...dispatch and it's all groovey. The bossman is pretty chill and it's a small office too so it's a small team. Washington is so nice man......the weather is fuckign perfect right now...60 n rainy. lol.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2017, 07:18 PM   #40479
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Finally settled at the apartment. Took a bit since we decided to buy everything as we go instead of buying a bunch of shit right off the bat. Found a job only after a month of being here....It's nice. Honestly only took about a week to find. I wasn't looking right away for a job since my girlfriend and I only had one car and she works a bit of a ways from home. Anyways....I'm working for a logistics company....and yeah...dispatch and it's all groovey. The bossman is pretty chill and it's a small office too so it's a small team. Washington is so nice man......the weather is fuckign perfect right now...60 n rainy. lol.

How’d you do with the smog/fog/burning skies?

Yeah I love Washington. Living in Seattle is very difficult though, financially. Glad you found a gig. Hang onto it.

You’ve probably met people I went to elementary school with.
Old 10.29.2017, 01:11 PM   #40480
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
How’d you do with the smog/fog/burning skies?

Yeah I love Washington. Living in Seattle is very difficult though, financially. Glad you found a gig. Hang onto it.

You’ve probably met people I went to elementary school with.

The burning skies was weird....really weird. And yeah...my girlfriend and I are kind of glad we’re not in the city....man hard be a mess. We really enjoy the town we’re in. Not in the same county as Seattle. I never thought I’d be so happy with living outside of the city...but I’ve learned to really like it....a lot.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1524192419742014202120222023 2024 202520262027203420742124 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth