Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Providence Setlist?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Where's the Providence setlist? I can't believe it's not up here yet. They must have played 'til dawn and everybody's still in bed.
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 11:27 AM   #2
sevenveils
empty page

sevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to all
hey y'all. well no, but it was 4 in the morning before i got home. including the hour passed out in some parking lot.
well, i don't have the actual setlist on me, which several people did get, but i can try...

what a show. it kicked new haven's ass of course. the sound was great, and the band was super into the audience. kim definitely went the extra mile, coming out beyond the monitors to sing and dance almost in the crowd and touch people. at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.
the set was pretty much the same with some little differences....and i finally "got" some of the new stuff live (i havent really liked the record or gotten into the songs very much in the other couple shows i've seen on this tour). reena and incinerate were suuuuper tight and just led into the evening in general being fabulous.

they played all the rather ripped songs they've been playing, except they cut "or," for which i am thankful.
older stuff: candle, mote, bull in the heather, the empty page, world looks red, shaking hell.
2nd encore: silver motherfucking rocket. oh yes.
sevenveils is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 11:46 AM   #3
matt0009
empty page

matt0009 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenveils
at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.

heh, that boy was me. i certainly did not expect that!

here's a few photos I took during the show. i'm really happy with how they turned out. http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/557707081DLOoSH
matt0009 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 11:56 AM   #4
sevenveils
empty page

sevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to all
ah memories.....

shout out to the youngsters of providence! most of you were really fun. (and several of you were outrageously cute.)
a worthy road trip.
sevenveils is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 12:56 PM   #5
tscaw
empty page

tscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's assestscaw kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for sharing the lupo's photos, matt. it looks like it was cold in there.
tscaw is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 01:03 PM   #6
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
Raarrrrggghh...

I couldn't go see them because I was playing a show (which kicked ass even though only 20 people showed up to the coffeehouse, a band cancelled a week before hand and never told us...) but I figured Da Yoof would understand. I hope the would at least...
Old 02.18.2007, 02:19 PM   #7
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hey y'all. well no, but it was 4 in the morning before i got home. including the hour passed out in some parking lot.
well, i don't have the actual setlist on me, which several people did get, but i can try...

what a show. it kicked new haven's ass of course. the sound was great, and the band was super into the audience. kim definitely went the extra mile, coming out beyond the monitors to sing and dance almost in the crowd and touch people. at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.
the set was pretty much the same with some little differences....and i finally "got" some of the new stuff live (i havent really liked the record or gotten into the songs very much in the other couple shows i've seen on this tour). reena and incinerate were suuuuper tight and just led into the evening in general being fabulous.

they played all the rather ripped songs they've been playing, except they cut "or," for which i am thankful.
older stuff: candle, mote, bull in the heather, the empty page, world looks red, shaking hell.

woah woah. the empty page? i thought they haven't played this since the nurse tour.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
That's what I said. The empty page is HOT!

BTW! I WON THE "ELECTRIC MATT HOFFMAN" AWARD LAST NIGHT HERE IN CHARLOTTE AT GET BOMBED iiANCE OFF! PANTS OFF!

Which is funny, because the award was named after a patented dance move that I invented.

I was wearing a suit at the beginning...with tshirts underneath....and in the end I took off my american flag boxers to expose...an american flag thong!

I totally deserved the fly win!
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 03:13 PM   #9
charliep
empty page

charliep has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hahaha, i was the guy standing next to you matt. nice pictures. anyone else have any?
charliep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 04:23 PM   #10
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0009
heh, that boy was me. i certainly did not expect that!

here's a few photos I took during the show. i'm really happy with how they turned out. http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/557707081DLOoSH

Lucky. Thurston once steped on my foot at a Sonic Youth/Magik Markers gig in Easthampton. He didnt realize he did it, but it was awesome. I've got the hole in my left shoe to prove it.

If I were you, I'd never wash my hair again. But I do that anyway.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 10:10 PM   #11
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking nice set, The Empty Page is back
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 06:09 AM   #12
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
sweet Masonna shirt
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 12:35 PM   #13
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:

Oh yea !!! Blast Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 01:39 PM   #14
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
yesssssssssssssssss............. i´m soo happy, that the empty page is back.
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 01:43 PM   #15
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I want that Masonna shirt so bad.
Old 02.19.2007, 02:27 PM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I couldn't get out of work early enough to go. I did wear a SY shirt under my work clothes though. blah.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 04:43 PM   #17
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
BTW, I actually joined this forum YEARS ago! My registration somehow got wiped! That makes me rather ripped!

When the forum was revamped we all had to get new accounts.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 01:53 PM   #18
margotapplebaum
empty page

margotapplebaum has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
dammit! i wished the played the empty page at the MA and CT shows
margotapplebaum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth