Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth/New Haven/2/15/07
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2007, 04:24 PM   #21
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoona
thought it was good show although the sighteilnes from the +18 section were tough.
was that mark ibold from pavement playing with them? where was jim o'rourke?

Dude, Jim hasnt been with the band since '05. Where have you been?

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 04:29 PM   #22
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
yeah, toads was also close if not SOLD OUT, which i have rarely ever seen for toads....the crowd for SY was waaaaay larger than for dinosaur jr last august...now THATS connecticut fans for ya, they didnt let the fact SY hasnt played new haven or CT in 16 years or the fact SY has screwed CT in the past few years with cancellations stop them from going, or the fact the show was an outrageous $25.......theyre lucky anyone showed up

How is $25 dollars outrageous? They're a BIG name band on a major label and are some of the most important musicians of the 20th century. I'll pay 25 bucks to see them cuz I know it's worth even more.

I paid $50 for Bob Dylan (pricey but worth every penny), $40 for Flaming Lips (pricey but worth every penny), $35 for Mission of Burma/Pixies in Amherst (pricey but sooooooo worth it). Yeah it may not be a $7 Fugazi show but they need to pay their mortgage man!!!!

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
How is $25 dollars outrageous? They're a BIG name band on a major label and are some of the most important musicians of the 20th century. I'll pay 25 bucks to see them cuz I know it's worth even more.

I paid $50 for Bob Dylan (pricey but worth every penny), $40 for Flaming Lips (pricey but worth every penny), $35 for Mission of Burma/Pixies in Amherst (pricey but sooooooo worth it). Yeah it may not be a $7 Fugazi show but they need to pay their mortgage man!!!!

it sure is outrageous, all those acts you listed are waaaaaaaaaaaay mroe popular mainstream wise than SY....and $35 for MOB AND pixies is well worth it, 2 great bands, not just 1.

lets not get crazy with a big name band label....the average american has no idea who sonic youth are, but they know who eminem, 50 cent and britney spears are...not saying that a good thing, but you cant call SY a big name band....they barely had that status at the height of thier popularity. to us, people who ignore the mainstream for the msot part altogether, sure SY is a big band, one of my all time favs, but you cant compare their ticket prices to like U2 or Madonna and say its reasonable...for the bands i go see on regular basis..$25 is outrageous, but i guess with 5 members now on tour...its acceptable

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2007, 12:31 PM   #24
SC
empty page

SC has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Despite the crowd and such, I loved the NH show, thought it was great. Sure can't complain about paying $25 to see SY, that is just plain absurd. Worth every nickel. Toad's sucks, but at least there wasn't that silly fence for this show. Thanks to whomever posted the setlist, nice to fill in the pieces that memory (and beer) has obscured. Shaking Hell!
SC is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2007, 01:55 PM   #25
sevenveils
empty page

sevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to all
hahaha

ummmmmmm the fence was not only present, but even more egregious than usual! i guess maybe the place was pretty full by the time you got there?
sevenveils is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2007, 02:36 PM   #26
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
yeah, the fence was there, but it was so packed it was almost invisiable...yeah shaking hell was sick

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

Old 02.21.2007, 06:17 PM   #27
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
yeah, the fence was there, but it was so packed it was almost invisiable...yeah shaking hell was sick

It was a different fence this time. I've seen shows where the fence towers over everybody's head. This one was about waist high and vanished in the crowd.
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2007, 12:53 AM   #28
sevenveils
empty page

sevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to allsevenveils is a name known to all
ohhhhhh
yeah, that's the old fence.

a fence in a rock venue, only the hayve has such class.
sevenveils is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2007, 02:35 AM   #29
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah the last 2 times I saw them it was just the four of them. Now they have a 2nd bassplayer who I swear is from the band Pavement, but my friend says otherwise.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 02:01 AM   #30
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Yeah the last 2 times I saw them it was just the four of them. Now they have a 2nd bassplayer who I swear is from the band Pavement, but my friend says otherwise.

yes, it was mark ibold from pavement

Old 02.26.2007, 04:55 AM   #31
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Can someone hook me up with this show?
Old 02.26.2007, 01:05 PM   #32
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
$20-25 seems more than reasonable to see SY at a club. Theyaren't showing up in a van and carrying their own guitars. They have support people and mgmt to pay. Its not so simple they just split the money 4 ways (and give Mark beer tickets). There is an organization there. How many people do they travel with?

But is $40 +10 fee to see the Stooges fair?

And all those Nels Cline shows next month at the Jazz Standard @ $25 a set are giving me a heartpain - 3 goddamn sets in one night!!!!! How to choose?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2007, 01:22 PM   #33
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by guston
Just got back from the SY show at Toad's Place....

IT was a bit sloppy a first. Someone (Thurston I think) really bungled the first half of Mote. Other parts were a little loose. Not bad though. The show really started to take shape towards the end.

Set List:
(Not in order, and possibly incomplete)

Candle
Reena
Incinerate
Mote
World Looks Red
What a Waste
Jams Run Free
Teenage Riot
The Neutral
Pink Steam
Or

I left a little early, so I missed a couple of Encore songs.

They started the encore with The Neutral and, I gleaned from some over excited young fans in a nearby Pizza Restaurant, that they closed the Second Encore with Teenage Riot.

I hope I didn't miss XPRESSway.

Who was there? What did people think?

GUSTON

my god mote! im so so jealous right now thats up in my top five!
great gig i bet!! i would love to see them in the us one day. better hurry up though i guess.

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth