Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Toronto show - June 30
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2009, 05:19 PM   #41
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Lucky bastard.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 06:06 PM   #42
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
I just checked - there are still tickets only 5 rows back available (unless you mean lucky bastards because of the close proximity to Toronto)...
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 07:03 PM   #43
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha no I mean the seats. You're very lucky. I don't think I can make the show though I guess I'll have to wait before I see my first SY show. I may be able to go though, but the chances are slim.
Old 05.07.2009, 07:13 PM   #44
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
i got 3rd row (C) on the front left! infront of lee!
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 07:55 PM   #45
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle
how could they play a seated venue after releasing an album like the Eternal?

Do you listen (or will you listen) to the cd while sitting down ?

Music is STILL about listening and it IS more comfy to sit, so long as the chair is nice and cushy. I HATE standing thru an opening band, but dont mind for JUST SY. I get there early enough and wait for a at least 2-3 hours outside, then go inside and STAND against the stage for another hour or so, then an hour or so thru the first band and waiting for SY...then 1 1/2 hours or so for them. It get tedious, but, of course, worth it.

I pay attention to the music and could care less about dancing in a blissful, obliterated state of mind like jam-band people do. And as far as moshing for SY, that's so 90s....and really unwelcome.

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 09:44 PM   #46
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
My issue with a seated venue is that people often want to STAY seated, and I often want to stand - get a better view, etc etc... I don't think it will be TOO bad for Sonic Youth, but I also think the fact that they made some decent tickets available to the BEGN people was a nice touch - the panic for decent seating is always a detractor (for me) in seated venues.

The fact that Massey Hall's acoustics are SO good also makes up for any gripes I might have about seating...
Old 05.07.2009, 10:18 PM   #47
Alexander
little trouble girl

Alexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative8ball
My issue with a seated venue is that people often want to STAY seated, and I often want to stand - get a better view, etc etc... I don't think it will be TOO bad for Sonic Youth, but I also think the fact that they made some decent tickets available to the BEGN people was a nice touch - the panic for decent seating is always a detractor (for me) in seated venues.

The fact that Massey Hall's acoustics are SO good also makes up for any gripes I might have about seating...

I agree fully. It should also be noted that Massey Hall is a fairly small venue, allowing anyone, regardless of where they are seated or standing, to have a good view of the performers.
Alexander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2009, 08:36 AM   #48
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
If there are seats on the floor, it's much better to have them up front and standing in the rear so the standee's aren't in the way of the seated. Or, if the theatre seating is angled upward like classic theatre arrangement then if the very front is standing, you can still see clearly as you'd be above the standers.

I've never been to a seated SY show so I'll be standing again come July. I'd just hope it was an SY show only of over a 90 minute typical length show they've been doing. Whatever happened to marathon sets ?

Did they go the way of the dinosaur bands ?

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2009, 09:47 AM   #49
negative8ball
bad moon rising

Massey Hall is a classic venue in every sense - pillars in the way of a few seats and all LOL!

The sightlines are pretty good, the angled floor isn't bad. Standing at the front and sitting at the back? Probably doable - but the people right behind those at the front would like have to stand and it would cascade (it's my experience anyways).

I think the venue has a classic enough feel, though, that in my experience - even at shows I'd expect people to stand for (Pet Shop Boys come to mind) - people tend to stay seated. It's just that kind of atmosphere...
Old 05.08.2009, 06:52 PM   #50
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Canadian audiences are one step up on the lame chart than the Japanese. Just ask Billy Bob Thornton

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative8ball
Massey Hall is a classic venue in every sense - pillars in the way of a few seats and all LOL!

The sightlines are pretty good, the angled floor isn't bad. Standing at the front and sitting at the back? Probably doable - but the people right behind those at the front would like have to stand and it would cascade (it's my experience anyways).

I think the venue has a classic enough feel, though, that in my experience - even at shows I'd expect people to stand for (Pet Shop Boys come to mind) - people tend to stay seated. It's just that kind of atmosphere...
Old 05.09.2009, 01:26 PM   #51
Alexander
little trouble girl

Alexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's assesAlexander kicks all y'all's asses
I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory, as I have not been to Massey Hall in quite some time; My ticket reads LCF, Row F, and I believe its the last seat on the second aisle. Does anyone know if I will have an obstructed view? I can't recall where the pillars are located, and I don't want to struggle to see the show.
Alexander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2009, 02:56 PM   #52
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

I was there in November, but I don't know, sorry bud.
Old 05.11.2009, 08:16 PM   #53
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory, as I have not been to Massey Hall in quite some time; My ticket reads LCF, Row F, and I believe its the last seat on the second aisle. Does anyone know if I will have an obstructed view? I can't recall where the pillars are located, and I don't want to struggle to see the show.

I BELIEVE if you purchased the ticket from Ticketmaster or some place legit, it will clearly state if it's an obstructed view or not. There is still a ROW G seat on the floor, but no one has purchased it because it clearly says "Obstructed View".
mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 05:24 PM   #54
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
anyone hot their tickets for this one?
Old 06.07.2009, 08:13 AM   #55
negative8ball
bad moon rising

Yeah, I got mine... bought them through Massey Hall when the BEGN pre-sale happened, and got them a few weeks ago... fast delivery...
Old 06.08.2009, 01:13 PM   #56
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
anyone hot their tickets for this one?

I managed to get 2 tickets ROW F, Center-Left Floor, 5 seats in from the centre aisle, for me and my girlfriend. I can't wait for this show.
mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 07:34 PM   #57
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

I am still waiting for mine.
Old 06.15.2009, 09:07 AM   #58
the red terror
empty page

the red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's asses
I'm looking for a pair of tickets. PLs email me.

Thanks.
the red terror is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 11:25 AM   #59
negative8ball
bad moon rising

Is the show sold out? I guess I'm not surprised - but I hadn't heard it had sold out yet... (did you check both Ticketmaster AND the Massey Hall page, red terror?)
Old 06.15.2009, 04:58 PM   #60
anthony89
empty page

anthony89 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by noistar
I've got an extra pair in Row E, Left Center Floor. I purchased these one, then later tried again and found front Row A tickets!

I just put my ROW E ticket pair on Ebay. I am willing to sell my ROW A tickets pair, if you make me a good offer.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=230349432308

ebay and offers? why be such a piece of shit?

sell them for face value to someone who would like to see the band instead of trying to make a profit
anthony89 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth