Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page the youth interviewed by anthony wilson
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2006, 06:22 AM   #1
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
has anyone else seen this clip? i think its on youtube somewhere, ill try and find a link maybe. basically its anthony wilson (the manchester svengali whos responsible for signing joy division, new order and the happy mondays etc)talking to the youth on a tv show at some point in the late 80s (i think its daydream era). theyre talking about how they mainly listen to hip hop, as its the voice on the streets and so on, and then anthony wilson says something about it being a new form of disco, and they get really pissed off at him. i have no idea what its from, but its quite interesting and funny. has anyone else seen this, or know what the deal is with it?
Old 08.05.2006, 06:29 AM   #2
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
edit, ive found the vid. its VERY random- at the end it cuts to a small chunk of the performance of i wanna be yr dog with iggy guesting on vocals, then the start of the 'monkey gone to heaven' video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDvsUujUCkc

like i said, very random...
Old 08.05.2006, 07:19 AM   #3
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I saw that... Apparently it was discussed on a thread somewhere here, where they were talking about Kim Gordon's and Sonic Youth's contributions or lack thereof to Hip Hop music... It was rather ripped; the thread I mean.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth