Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2017, 08:58 PM   #21081
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
another excellent recent Deadpool mini-series was Til Death Do Us... it involved Blade and Dracula and well, a bunch of stuff.
Old 05.29.2017, 11:15 PM   #21082
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wha... what in the fuc? that movie opened in march and isn't showing any more!

waaaaaaaaaah

o well. wonder woman it will have to be i guess

one of these days
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2017, 12:14 AM   #21083
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

man...this movie is really good. take out the comic book stuff and it'll still make a fantastic movie.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2017, 12:15 AM   #21084
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Not as great as people are saying but EXPONENTIALLY better than all other X-films combined and multiplied by a billion.

Two Wolverines fighting was like Terminator 2 level action intense.

Nobody deserves any Oscars, but it was pretty damn good.

oh shit....

I loved it.
Old 05.30.2017, 12:18 AM   #21085
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you fuckers are gonna end up getting me to go to a "theatre"

i haven't done that shit in AGES but this week im gonna be in a decent town with decent "theatres"

now tell me please the two of you, how much fucking backstory do i need to comprehend the narrative?

(i mean, i know vaguely who logan/wolverine is and his superpowers and how they came to be. and his shitty temper. not a fucton more but pretty much. i mean i've seen the previous movies but fuck if i can tell you what they were about. some asian chick wraps her legs around his head and he loved the swedish chick who is now some space ghost and rogue and him were buddies at some point and... something. he had memory loss. who cares. am i gonna understand the movie if i go to it cold?)

eta:

a monkey can do that

just saying

you'll do just fine....
Old 05.30.2017, 07:44 AM   #21086
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
you'll do just fine....

but is it (still) in theatres? i can't find it anywhere...

imdb says streams on amazon too BUT a blockbuster demands giant screens and a cheeseburger
Old 05.30.2017, 08:16 AM   #21087
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Oh dear. Seems like you might have to watch a real movie not aimed at children.

Hahaha. Just fuckin' around.

Never liked any xman movie, but you guys are sort of convincing me to check out Logan.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2017, 08:31 AM   #21088
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

imdb says streams on amazon too BUT a blockbuster demands giant screens and a cheeseburger

It's screening again in black and white for some reason, so you should actually be able to find it... in black and white... for some reason.

It's also out on DVD.

You don't need any backstory really. It would help a bit if you knew some of the characters from the comics (X23, Caliban) but it's really not required. I didn't even see "The Wolverine," the movie that came right before it, in full.. 'cause it was shit. Real shit.

Logan is kind of its own thing. You'll be fine.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2017, 08:39 AM   #21089
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Oh dear. Seems like you might have to watch a real movie not aimed at children.

Hahaha. Just fuckin' around.

Never liked any xman movie, but you guys are sort of convincing me to check out Logan.

As I've said, I've outright HATED every X-Men movie (except First Class, and even that wasn't great)... but Logan is quite different.

Again (and I can't say this enough), it's no Dark Knight. But it's still several levels above the rest of the superhero stuff out there. If the X-Men/Spidey/Fant4stic jerk stores are, like, a 0 on a 0-10 scale, and The Dark Knight is a 10, Logan and Deadpool are both hovering around the 7 mark. Slightly above Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the other Marvel Studios movies that are good.

It's probably a big enough cultural moment that it should be seen by everyone.
Old 05.30.2017, 08:40 AM   #21090
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

You're killing me with this spelling of theater, bro.
Old 05.30.2017, 09:58 AM   #21091
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Logan was great for me. As I've said a few times now. It's basically not even an X-Men movie. It's a road movie drama thing that happens to feature a character that used to be Wolverine. And has a ton of violence.

My absolute favorite top tier comic book movies would be Dark Knight, Watchmen and Deadpool - in no real order there. Those are just "the best" ones to me. But Logan is probably sitting right below that tier.
Old 05.30.2017, 10:05 AM   #21092
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You're killing me with this spelling of theater, bro.
as nabokov used to say calling a movie house a theatre/ter is like calling an undertaker a mortician but oh yeah inadvertent britishism

well here it is again anyway

theatre

theatre

theatre

are you dead yet?

i see it was lies...

britishisms don't kill!
Old 05.30.2017, 10:06 AM   #21093
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
My fave comic book adaptation films are

Watchmen
Dark Knight
Deadpool
Sin City

My favorite comic book-style movies are
5th Element
Mystery Men
Old 05.30.2017, 10:06 AM   #21094
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

anyway im gonna save my movie ticket budget line for gal gadot in 3D bha ha ha ha
Old 05.30.2017, 10:14 AM   #21095
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^nothing wrong w that.
Old 05.30.2017, 12:49 PM   #21096
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Surprised by all this love for the Watchmen film.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2017, 01:31 PM   #21097
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I thought it was great. nothing's perfect, but it was entertaining AF
Old 05.30.2017, 01:52 PM   #21098
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I loved it. A lot.
Old 05.30.2017, 02:11 PM   #21099
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I'm with NR. I loved that movie...I was not expecting something so brutal.
Old 05.30.2017, 03:02 PM   #21100
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I watched it very soon after reading the graphic novel so everything was fresh in my head. The movie came out as good as I think anyone could make that graphic novel into a movie.

I'm thinking about watching the full director's cut soon which adds in the Black Freighter and Under The Hood stuff and brings the running time up to like 4 or 4.5 hrs. Though I might have to attack that in chunks. Inversely, there's a stand-alone DVD with those that I could just watch as supplements.
55595510051045105210531054 1055 105610571058106511051155 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth