Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Was anyone else disturbed when they saw...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.29.2006, 12:30 AM   #1
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston and kim kissing in the Titanium Expose video? It just seemed akward and weird. I dunno, but that was like no other kiss i have ever seen. Did anyone else think this when they saw it? I mean i know everyone kisses different and all that, but i probably see people kiss on a daily basis, and i have never stopped and thought "wow that's weird" but i did when i saw them doin it.
Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 12:35 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
It definetly made me think. But, I kinda thought it was normal. They very rarely show themselves in the relationship mode, & they're very artsy people, so I thought it was interesting. Both from the artistic side, & the actual making out of Kim & Thurston.

"Make out session"
-Steve Shelley
(band commentary fromt the DVD, "Corporate Ghosts")
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 12:37 AM   #3
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
i shared that thought. don't know why either. maybe bc i like kim (i have a thing for women who rock) or bc it's odd seeing band members kiss. don't know really...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 12:42 AM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Especially Kim & Thurston. Like we all know, Kim & Thurston don't show themselves in that relationship mode, so seeing it in affect that strongly was , I think, very historical.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 12:49 AM   #5
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i though about that, but i don't think that's it. b/c on tv you always see people hooking up an kissing out of nowhere! i just thought that they seemed very akward and like they were uncomfortable. it didn't seem like they enjoy kissing eachother. i mean they never show any affection towards eachother in public....kinda makes me wonder why that is.
Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 12:53 AM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I know, they seem like the pefect match for each other, & in public, they barely talk to each other. & they don't come in contact w/ each other at all in public.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 01:09 AM   #7
samrago
little trouble girl

samrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's asses
on the dvd commentery I think thurston explained that the director just said, "Start making out," and he was like, "uhhh sure ok." I'm sure he found it very silly and weird.
samrago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 01:12 AM   #8
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, I forgot that they've had other directors on their videos then just themselves.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 01:16 AM   #9
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I was disturbed, but then that feeling faded away with every other feeling I ever had.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 01:19 AM   #10
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
i havent seen it
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 01:22 AM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Get the DVD, "Corporate Ghosts", & you'll know what this whole thread is discussing. Includes band commentary, so SY makes it easy for us to understand their artistic beauty.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 01:23 AM   #12
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
I finally saw that you posted on the old site
Old 03.29.2006, 01:23 AM   #13
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

I dont have any money for it right now
Old 03.29.2006, 01:24 AM   #14
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I would have loved it better if the commentary where longer, than just the video and a few extra seconds after the video was over. Anyone agree with me?

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 01:25 AM   #15
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I know what you're talking about. I could have delt w/ a an hour long discussion interview for the commentary.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 02:08 AM   #16
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
haha, interesting thread. i it made me think too. it seemed kinda kiss of 2 people with a bad breath... but its their one and only show of emotions in public. if they have a daughter they probably aren't that unexpirienced with kissing i guess lol (stupid things going through my mind)... or its just the way they kiss! if you look at john lennon and yoko ono, their kiss kinda looks the same in terms of its akwardness and wirdness maybe thats just the way real rock stars kiss oh poor kim and thurston, i hope they never read this thread, i guess it would make them feel frustrated :S oh, come on guys, its not such a bad kiss
Old 03.29.2006, 02:12 AM   #17
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I've seen worse.
-George Carlin
Old 03.29.2006, 02:13 AM   #18
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

yeah i need some pratice i am a terrible kisser
Old 03.29.2006, 10:31 AM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think what made me feel awkward is tghat I ahve never seen them kiss before, you know? I know they are married. I am in love with Kim and to see Thurston kiss her, kissing like that is so personal (for some people at least, others just mug out wherever all tacky and shit) and to see these tow middle aged people, longtime lovers, kiss on camera, well, that is just unnerving. not bad, just unnerving. and I think kissing in front of a camera for people who really do not like being in front of the camera, that's a whole other thing.

plus, they kiss like grown ass people, not kids, which is a beautiful thing.
Old 03.29.2006, 08:21 PM   #20
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't really think it was all that bad. Since they're older, you never see them mackin' in public, and it was like a little glimpse of what they're really like.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth