Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Riots in North London
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.10.2011, 07:31 PM   #81
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69

My colleague was telling me most americans dont' understand yob culture, and the English have alot of yobs. One thing I've learned from Ian Rankin and Ken Bruen is the UK housing estate are as dangerous as the us housing projects-almost worlds unto themselves cuz the cops are afriad to go in them.

I don't know what a 'yob' is really. Housing estates are fine. I live in one, as it happens. Most of my family live in one. They're fine, so long as people know you in the area. There's an area of Bristol that I'd never recommend anyone going into, unless you know someone there. But they're basically sound people. It's not complete no-go areas. Just tread with caution. And the police are there a lot. They just can't be there all the time.

On that tip: there are more stabbings occur in Bristol's most affluent area than do in the most deprived. You might get mugged in Easton, but you're much more likely to keep your life (and even that's massively unlikely in the worst area for violent crime).

We might be safer in the UK than in, say, the worst areas of LA or São Paulo (which, let's note, are still legions safer than, say, Kinshasa) but this is still a fairly large dent to our complacency. But what I don't want to hear is people like you, tesla, chunting on about something you know absolutely fuck all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 02:50 AM   #82
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
people who riot are idiotic wanna-be revolutionaries with no mind for the future let alone their own neighborhoods.

I watched LA burn in 92 and to this day, there are still very few grocery stores that were willing to move back to the hood. buying your food from convenience marts is a sure-fire way to leap deeper into debt but who gives a fuck if we can get free bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 and a carton of smokes TODAY??

amen

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 09:01 AM   #83
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Penny Red is an idiot, she's one of these bloggers who's never had a real job who got into paid journalism by writing what certain people wanted to hear and pretending she was a lone voice of dissent... anyway...

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 09:05 AM   #84
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Penny Red is an idiot, she's one of these bloggers who's never had a real job who got into paid journalism by writing what certain people wanted to hear and pretending she was a lone voice of dissent... anyway...
What a strange outburst.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 09:14 AM   #85
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
penny red sounds like a name for a ranga. is he a ranga? I bet he is.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 09:25 AM   #86
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
What a strange outburst.

Sorry, its like Pavlov's Dog when her names mentioned. Her blog the other day was actualy pretty reasonable to be fair (I dont read it regularly, someone posted a link elsewhere), but she is exactly the kind of internet blogger that gets on my tits.

Old 08.11.2011, 09:36 AM   #87
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Laurie Penny; The Left-Wing Littlejohn

Old 08.11.2011, 10:21 AM   #88
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting interview the minute the Black man asked her for respect and called her on the carpet for jumping to conclusion and trying to create a sensation the interview was over. Talk about it's who you know not what you know that gets you a job there's a perfect example.
Old 08.11.2011, 10:22 AM   #89
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
penny red sounds like a bitch

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 10:36 AM   #90
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
henceforth, I would like to known as Dollar Black. I'm worth a hundred pennies and would enjoy being reffered to as "the Black man". plus, black is a very goth color.

rip the system. respect my authoritæ.
Old 08.11.2011, 11:05 AM   #91
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
So CNN showed a bit of Cameron this morning:

This has nothing to do with the economy, but gang culture [1] There are lessons to learn [2]. We will study how cities like Los Angeles and New York deal with it [3].

Translation:
1 - Gang culture has nothing to do with being poor, unemployed and having no prospects, right? I guess what he's trying to imply is that people from certain ethnicities and social backgrounds are naturally more violent? How did this start... He doesn't talk about that.

2 - Not the right ones?

3 - As far as I'm aware cities like Los Angeles deal with it by allowing the police to shoot people and people to shoot each other, as long as they are poor, of course.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 11:27 AM   #92
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

"LA" didn't do anything. the cops stayed away until the military showed up with assault rifles and armored personel carriers.

it's why coups tend to be the only successful form of rebellion. unless the military is with you, you're fucked.
Old 08.11.2011, 11:41 AM   #93
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. He wants to follow the LA example, sounds like a great idea.

Old 08.11.2011, 11:43 AM   #94
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
penny red is an oxford grad who spent all her inheritance slumming it with the proles and their authentic souls

when she ran out of money she decided it was time for a revolution.

or rather, it was time to start a journalism career making sure revolution was never anything other than a middle class newspaper article rpg.

it would not surprise me in the least if she had been offered a job by mi6 when she left oxford. i know that that is EXACTLY the kind of thing a narcissistic celebutant like her would LOVE to read about herself and make ambiguous jokes about. as long as she understands its meant as an insults because she's sabotaging every small movement that forms in the capital and she knows it.

she lets slip that the cops read her twitter.

then she posts locations of squats on it.

she runs around making up utter bs stories during the cuts protests, stories that, if they were true, would necessitate her ownership of a teleportation device to get so quickly to all the places she said she was.

in other words, she's a joke, a careerist playing at revolutionary and trying to disguise the fact she isn't part of the establishment and doing its work for it.

i read her blog from the start and it was very carefully worded to give the impression she was a hard done by working class gal struggling to make ends meet.

yeah fucking right. oxford grad with a trust fund.

and then when johann hari gets caught out she accuses everyone of homophobia! wtf! there was no homophobia on display at all, he was just caught out lying and smearing negri for being a supporter of violent terrorism when he wasn't advocating anything of the sort.

but that's hari for you all concerned for derrida's mental health "he seems to really claim to talk to ghosts!"

btw that article posted about her is utter shite and the writer a know nothing authoritarian idiot. the cops were pre arresting squatters which is not only illegal it's EXACTLY the plot of minority report. but that dullass author is just another stroppy brit bitch who can't even do it with even the most basic wit.
Keeping It Gimple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 11:43 AM   #95
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 11:46 AM   #96
knox
invito al cielo

For those who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgI...&feature=share

Old 08.11.2011, 11:49 AM   #97
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I just read where he blamed the police for not acting fast enough. perhaps he should have a go at facing down an angry mob armed only with a stick.

make it happen Brits.

Dollar Black: solving the UK's problems since 2011
Old 08.11.2011, 11:54 AM   #98
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
oi!

that's my rumpus room they're breaking into! bloody hoods!

i had my whole night planned, finally a break from sam and the kids. i had the place to myself, a box set of 24, an 87 pinot noire, some feta and crackers and a talking dildo in the shape of thatchers head with 8 pre programmed phrases.

i was going to teach my rectal cavity the meaning of personal responsibility so it would tighten up and learn to get through these times of anal austerity, because we're all in this together.

oh bloody hell.
Keeping It Gimple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 12:02 PM   #99
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

you must spread some.....
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 12:12 PM   #100
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I just read where he blamed the police for not acting fast enough. perhaps he should have a go at facing down an angry mob armed only with a stick.

make it happen Brits.

Dollar Black: solving the UK's problems since 2011

In the process of turning it into the new world, they had approved this measure to 'random search' people. But I guess we forgot to tell them it's a well known fact that the police prefers to 'random search' black and poor people, and that they don't appreciate it much.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth