Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2019, 10:07 AM   #12361
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lol i like gary medel but he’s no saint
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2019, 11:58 AM   #12362
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well well well

looks like i tuned in at the right time—right before the penalty

that lavelle goal was amazing

afterwards it looked like all the us forwards got greedy and wasted tons of chances by trying to score on their own
Old 07.07.2019, 05:50 PM   #12363
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

caught the last bit of brazil with 10 men beating peru 3-1 (jesus was kicked out at ‘70 or so). no neymar, but richarlison came in late to knock everyone’s socks off. saw some headlines suggesting brazil better without neymar (i believe it).
Old 07.08.2019, 02:30 AM   #12364
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
caught the last bit of brazil with 10 men beating peru 3-1 (jesus was kicked out at ‘70 or so). no neymar, but richarlison came in late to knock everyone’s socks off. saw some headlines suggesting brazil better without neymar (i believe it).

Luff me a bit of Richarlison. That is until the day he leaves Everton in about 2 seasons time

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2019, 12:04 AM   #12365
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Luff me a bit of Richarlison. That is until the day he leaves Everton in about 2 seasons time
before him peru had brazil sort of against the ropes trying to tie for 2. not on any kind of individual brilliance, but by sheer team effort.

after he came in... fuggeddaboutit. peru went on the defense.

note to the world: tite (i hope you get to pronounce that right lmao) really means business
Old Today, 07:50 AM   #12366
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sebastian Haller confirmed to West Ham from Eintracht Frankfurt. I can't pretend to have known about him before but everything I'm hearing is he's a big improvement on Arnie and by all accounts even Maxi Gomez. Pessimism is my default position when it comes to all things West Ham but even I can't deny that our squad looks serious this season and I wouldn't be surprised if there's another big signing to come, especially if Diop goes to Man U.

------------------------------Fabianski
Fredericks-Diop (or Ogbonna/Reid if he's sold)-Balbuena-Masuaku
---------------------------Rice-Fornals
----------------Antonio-Lanzini/Wilshire-Anderson
------------------------------Haller

Top 6 is out of the question but I see no reason why that team shouldn't consider 7th place a realistic target .
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #12367
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Haller played in Utrecht before Frankfurt and was very well liked by their supporters. Can't say if he will be an improvement over Arnie, which one? Schwarzenegger?

Utrecht will still get about 4 million euros for the transfer. Don't know if he's worth that much money, he's still not playing for the French national team as far as I know.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #12368
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
West Ham's position means they'll always pay over the odds for players with any kind of reputation. That's just how it is.

He scored 19 goals in 27 appearances last season for Frankfurt and is supposedly a good team player with more to his game than just finishing. He can't squeeze past Mbappe or Griezmann but those are players on a different level altogether. West Ham are currently a mid-table team at best with aspirations to become a consistent 7th-8th placed one. Haller's at least at that level by the sound of things.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #12369
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
They had the draw for the Asian qualifiers for the 2022 WC yesterday, and it's amazing.

Australia v Jordan again, Iran v Iraq, Saudi Arabia/Palestine in the same group, Group E looking more like a cricket league than a football one, the massive derby of Group G, and North v South Korea in the same group...
I hope a trans cutie punches you in the mouth someday
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #12370
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
They had the draw for the Asian qualifiers for the 2022 WC yesterday, and it's amazing.

Australia v Jordan again, Iran v Iraq, Saudi Arabia/Palestine in the same group, Group E looking more like a cricket league than a football one, the massive derby of Group G, and North v South Korea in the same group...
by amazing you mean... comedy gold? you know, the cosmic type?
Old Today, 04:29 PM   #12371
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haller's at least at that level by the sound of things.
i wish i had some juicy intel for you re:haller, but the prem sucked me into its bubble and i have only very vague recollections of having seen frankfurt play once, or was it maybe twice... drawing a blank really. sorry.
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #12372
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
by amazing you mean... comedy gold? you know, the cosmic type?
The AFC is the best confederation, because this is just the second round. There's a whole second group stage after this!
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #12373
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hahaha!

would rep if i could
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #12374
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
The AFC is the best confederation

Honestly, the more research I do the truer this gets. I just found out about the 2018 South Asian Football Federation Championship - won by the Maldives(!) after they reached the knockout stage on a coin toss(!!!).

(Doing my research for some football stats projects.)
Old Today, 10:17 PM   #12375
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
During the first match of [the 2015 SAFF Championship], both Sri Lanka and Nepal were wearing the same dark red jersey in the first half before Nepal changed into their blue second-kit for the second half.

This is amazing.
519569609616617618 619
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth