Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Quick! Recommend me a kickass book
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.30.2009, 11:57 PM   #21
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
really i WONDER WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO READ SUCH A THING

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2009, 11:59 PM   #22
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Hhaa! I know, cliche, but whatever its still a good book.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2009, 12:21 AM   #23
Kuwa_Slayne
bad moon rising

Kuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's asses

Old 05.31.2009, 12:26 AM   #24
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
so what'd you get? can it be the new sy gossip book club book?
i need somethign to read after this proust business
Old 05.31.2009, 01:07 AM   #25
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
I ended up buying a couple video games instead, because this mall's bookstore didn't have shit. The good stuff it did have was overpriced a bit, too. Now I remember why buying books online is so much better. I mean if I wanted to read Catch-22 I could get it for a much cheaper price. I couldn't find a single Murakami novel, you'd think you could at least find one of those. I was tempted to buy Bob Dylan's Chronicles, Vol. 1 the most, but I haven't actually heard most of his music so maybe it would have bored me. But yeah, the women working there bugged me too. They were talking amongst themselves and said they'd never read Stephen King. Now, while he isn't amazing, how could someone have never read one of his books? What do they read?

Oh and the sad part is how the more well-known books were the minority and under this small stack labeled "Literature", which seems a tad bit insulting, if you ask me. ._. Fuck Waldenbook's. It's kind of odd, actually, considering the place seems to be linked to Border's. If this is true, and they're both owned by the same people, why is it Border's is so much better?

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2009, 11:28 AM   #26
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't been to a Waldenbooks in forever. I'm surprised they are still around. I remember when CrownBooks tried to become a megastore and opened up a few SuperCrowns, but they were no match for the Borders' and Barnes & Nobles' of the world. I still love browsing bookstores. Its the same with recordstores. That's the bad thing about internet sites like Amazon, they are shutting down bookstores and record stores and taking away the pleasure of the browse.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2009, 11:33 AM   #27
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
My kick ass reccomendation is "The Drifters" by James A Michener
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2009, 03:30 PM   #28
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Waldenbooks is a substore of Borders now...and has been for a while I guess. I really love Borders.

Recommendation:
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth