Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Things are not ok
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2009, 07:00 AM   #21
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah or consider taking some kind of vitamin-lecithin tonic. It makes you calm and sleepy. Also you kind of tend to do not give a fuck about your shitty situation anymore.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 08:05 AM   #22
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
W/ what I'm on, I would still say I give a fuck about a bad situation but I see a larger perspective on it. And I roll with the punches, as they say. Instead of getting upset when something bad happens, I have an easier time staying calm about it so that I can figure something out, or if I realize that I can't do anything about, it's easier to let it go.

Anyway, just saying all this to show Zero there are benefits to going the medication route.
Old 05.26.2009, 08:25 AM   #23
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, pills, that will solve it.

things we really want don't just come knocking on the door out of nothing. if you know what you want, fight for it.
have you even talked to your parents about it?
assuming you are somewhat responsible and have normal parents, they are the easiest people to persuade. if you expose them your feelings about this subject in a rational way i don't see how they won't help you.

one of my younger sisters is in the 11th grade and my parents(a conventional catholic couple) pay for her room in a different city.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 08:51 AM   #24
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I know what you mean, I had the same stuff going on in highschool. Everyday was just a routine and classmates seemed to become more and more annoying by the day. School was such I drag I really, really, REALLY hated it and I was having a really crappy "relationship" at the time which made me feel like shit. I didn't really go out much because I felt so (uh I hate to use this word) depressed so I kinda got alienated from my friends outside of school.

I'm afraid that there's nothing much you can do about the highschool thing but you can do something about staying home during the weekends. When you're amongst your buds you'll feel better. That's what helped me eventually. Just hang in there, before you know it you're out of highschool.
Old 05.26.2009, 08:52 AM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I know one day I'll dig through and find this thread and laugh about how much things have changed.

^^^ this. hold on to that thought.

ps: you could always play WoW. that's what the rest of us with no life do.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 10:31 AM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
yeah, pills, that will solve it.

I didn't say it would solve it. Of course, if you want to live in the dark ages and get righteous about living without medicine, that's your right. The Christian Scientists would welcome you.
Old 05.26.2009, 10:48 AM   #27
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
you could always play WoW. that's what the rest of us with no life do.

The most sensible (and true) statement in this thread so far.

You must spread some Runeblades around before giving them to floatingslowly again.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 10:52 AM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The most sensible (and true) statement in this thread so far.

Ha ha! What's sensible and true about it? That it's what people without lives do?

Too funny.
Old 05.26.2009, 11:03 AM   #29
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
gmku, you've somehow lost your sense humour recently, as it seems.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 11:22 AM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
A guy I live with plays WoW virtually around the clock. He has absolutely no life whatsoever but is easily the happiest, most contented person I've ever met. Any sign of life-related stress he just logs in and kills a few moonkins.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 11:29 AM   #31
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I didn't say it would solve it. Of course, if you want to live in the dark ages and get righteous about living without medicine, that's your right. The Christian Scientists would welcome you.

you're right, i think that in cases like this (a teenager with no apparent psychological problem other than shyness and low self-esteem) a medieval approach serves better.

unless i'm not getting this right, and there's something else. then i'd suggest him to seekr a psychologist with the purpose of treatment. medication should be secondary.
Old 05.26.2009, 11:46 AM   #32
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
kills a few moonkins.

some of my best friends are moonchickens.

and although I wouldn't say I play it anywhere near "around the clock", it's good for wasting time when there's time to be wasted.

however, if GMKU, in all his wisdom, would like to come up with something else to do in a backwater town (that doesn't involve drinking), I'm open to suggestions!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 11:53 AM   #33
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
you're right, i think that in cases like this (a teenager with no apparent psychological problem other than shyness and low self-esteem) a medieval approach serves better.

unless i'm not getting this right, and there's something else. then i'd suggest him to seekr a psychologist with the purpose of treatment. medication should be secondary.

Sorry, how is medicine medieval? I really don't understand this aversion to medication I run into sometimes. And yet these same kids often will choose to self-medicate with pot and other things. Double standard?
Old 05.26.2009, 12:53 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hey Marty McFly

shit be fucked up. sometimes life seems interminable. Morrissey put it correct when he said "life is very long when yr lonely."
I have been there my man. I had years in middle school and high school where I had some friends AT school, but no one after school to do anything with, or hang out, or even listen to RAWK.
it sucks shit, and the no g/f thing sucks shit.
Everything can seem like it will never end, and never change.
that is FALSE though. everything is always different after a while and everything changes. EVERYTHING, whether you actively make the change happen or not.
the trick is to be ACTIVE in making the change happen. don;t let life lead you around.
meeting people is a bitch but all you can do is partake of the things that you like and you will end up naturally around people with those same interests, people with whom you can talk and strike up conversations. trust in yourself, and understand that in life, every person needs to be their own best friend. even with family and friends around, the better part of life is spent in yr own head, with only yrself as company.

maybe set some new goals for yrself, some new hobbies or skills or just things you have interest in doing it could be anything.

the good times will seem ever more sweet and delicious for you having suffered through these lean, sad times, dig? smal consolation, but it is true
Old 05.26.2009, 01:21 PM   #35
gmku
invito al cielo

Life is suffering. The first noble truth, according to the Buddha.
Old 05.26.2009, 01:24 PM   #36
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Chin Up Goth.

Seriously though, there are some aspects of your own personality you cant change, only control. They are often the things that are strongest in you, be it your imperviousness to superficial solutions to serious questions or having high standards about the kind of people you assosciate with.
Its hard striking a balance with people, I tend to know within 10 minutes if someone is going to be a friend or just another person, I dont really feel like im going to be ok in the long term, but this is the only life I have and thats motivation enough for me to carry on.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 01:27 PM   #37
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I can relate to this. I think there's a lot of good advice.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 01:31 PM   #38
verme (prevaricator)
100%

Quote:
Sorry, how is medicine medieval?

are you aphasiac? where did i wrote that?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I really don't understand this aversion to medication I run into sometimes. And yet these same kids often will choose to self-medicate with pot and other things. Double standard?

because it's not migraines we are talking about, is that so hard to understand?

what double standard?
are you saying that because they already self-medicate that justifies getting medication?

how can anyone with good sense use that argument? if anything, the fact that they are already incurring in substance misuse, indicates that these people are more susceptible of inducing in addictive behaviour, and therefore the use of medication should be avoided.
Old 05.26.2009, 01:32 PM   #39
gmku
invito al cielo

Peace, brother.

And let's not turn what is supposed to be a thread to help somebody into a protracted argument over whether medication can or should be used to treat depression. Jesus.

I had to look up aphasiac. From aphasia, meaning "loss or impairment of the power to use or comprehend words usu. resulting from a brain lesion."

Far as I know, I haven't had a brain lesion.
Old 05.26.2009, 02:04 PM   #40
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I could rant on about what exactly is wrong, but I'll try to keep it short: Nothing happens in my life aside from the daily routine. I get on the bus, go to school, talk to some people I hang out with, avoid awkward conversations with people I sort-of know, go home, then start again the next day. Weekends are spent at home 75% of the time. My friends live too far away. Worst of all is the total inability to make music. It was probably the only thing I did in my free time, and something I was actually satisfied with for a small time, but now everything that motivated me is gone.

I understand that life gets better after high school, but I want to know if there is a way to cope with it.

that ought to liven things up a bit and make for a really great album, but if you don't want to go to such an extreme, I have no real suggestions.. sorry, no one can avoid दुःख and the first and second Noble Truths..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth