Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page The Fillmore 7-14-06
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2006, 07:33 PM   #1
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
My first time at the Fillmore and I think it was the best show I've seen so far.. I couldn't get over the sound of this place.. setlist below along with the poster from the show.. WOW what a great place to see a show, (jokes) we sat next to Bill Graham in the VIP/Reserved section and he was grooving the entire time.

Rats, Pink Steam, Neutral and Expressway blew me away. SY played some great long noise jams beautifully mixed.

SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 07:36 PM   #2
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Dammit I wanted to go to this show so fucking bad but it was sold out when I tried to buy tickets. I saw them at the Fillmore in '04 for the Nurse tour (my first SY show ever) and it was awesome.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 07:37 PM   #3
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
damn. i wanted to be at this show. it was the night before a wedding, and apparently we were supposed to be all busy. we spent the whole night in the hotel room, being very busy sat watching tv. oh well. it sounds like it was a great show! great setlist.
Old 07.16.2006, 07:46 PM   #4
SugarLips
little trouble girl

Did you guys happen to catch Thurston on the KSFU the afternoon of the show he hosted for an hour 3-4 timeframe..we were driving into SF and happen to stubble onto it by luck .. he spun tunes and talked about everything from food to old local shows he liked ...

Old 07.16.2006, 08:05 PM   #5
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips
My first time at the Fillmore and I think it was the best show I've seen so far.. I couldn't get over the sound of this place.. setlist below along with the poster from the show.. WOW what a great place to see a show, we sat next to Bill Graham in the VIP/Reserved section and he was grooving the entire time.

Rats, Pink Steam, Neutral and Expressway blew me away. SY played some great long noise jams beautifully mixed.

What ?....Bill Graham's been dead for about 16 years !!

Pattern Recognition !! Cool !

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 08:54 PM   #6
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=103803

Great show. Couple of songs that haven't been on all the latest set lists.
Audience was a bit boisterous, but the band drown them out pretty well.

Credit: Recording, Mastering, Seeding (Dime 2006-07-15): PersistentSound

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 11:12 PM   #7
SugarLips
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by against_the_grain
What ?....Bill Graham's been dead for about 16 years !!

Pattern Recognition !! Cool !

Yes it was my attempt at a joke.. just being in a place so cool which he started was like he was there grooving away with us...ha-ha .. get it ..

Pattern Recognition rocked ..

Old 07.16.2006, 11:25 PM   #8
SugarLips
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookid
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=103803

Great show. Couple of songs that haven't been on all the latest set lists.
Audience was a bit boisterous, but the band drown them out pretty well.

Credit: Recording, Mastering, Seeding (Dime 2006-07-15): PersistentSound

Thank you for posting this Gookid but I couldn't get this link to work

Old 07.16.2006, 11:39 PM   #9
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips
Thank you for posting this Gookid but I couldn't get this link to work
I'll put it on yousendit later tonight.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2006, 12:56 PM   #10
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
It was my first time there to and it was suck a great show Lee sounded great on Rats every other song kicked ass and Awlsom Color rocked as well.
Old 07.17.2006, 01:06 PM   #11
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Bill Graham on cowbell during Pink Steam

silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2006, 01:12 PM   #12
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
possibly the best set list i've seen this tour
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2006, 03:00 PM   #13
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I like that they played Expressway...thats the one song I feel I missed out on since Ive never seen them play it live.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2006, 11:18 PM   #14
MeddleDeal
empty page

MeddleDeal has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I wish I could have gone to that show, but couldn't. I can't believe they gave out posters too!! when I went to go see them @ the Filmore back in 2004, there was no poster.

But a GREAT setlist though. Thanks for posting!!
MeddleDeal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 03:25 AM   #15
buzz mutt
empty page

buzz mutt has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
noise after expressway was super freaking cool, lee with violin bow and weird noise box thingy. What was steve banging on that sounded like broken glass?
buzz mutt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 10:24 AM   #16
malefactor
little trouble girl

malefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's asses
badass show, especially expressway. The kid with the South Dakota hat dancing as if it were a 50 Cent song during Rapture was kind of moronic
malefactor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 10:38 AM   #17
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by malefactor
badass show, especially expressway. The kid with the South Dakota hat dancing as if it were a 50 Cent song during Rapture was kind of moronic

Dude that's Sonic Dakota! And SY will always be in da club.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 03:07 PM   #18
goplayrabbit
empty page

goplayrabbit has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
a friend and i drove from las vegas to see this show. it was well worth it.

when they played expressway, i felt like i was on the moon.
goplayrabbit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth