Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 2,946 Homicides LOS ANGELES Times Interactive Map 2007-2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.03.2010, 01:07 PM   #21
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Well we've had 11 murders so far this year in Worcester. Usually the majority of our murders are family/jealousy related with a few gang violence murders thrown in. Most gangs in Worcester know their territory and stay there. Most drug dealing is done by cell/car meet and pickup as opposed to going to a certain street corner or area.
I too believe that all guns should be outlawed. You want to hunt go to a resort where they have guns or store the guns in a central area where you pick it up and drop it off after hunting. They sure have found ways to take away most of our liberties shouldn't be a problem figuring out how to do it with guns if they really wanted too. NRA is probably the third biggest lobby firm working in Washington DC, right behind the Drug Companies and Oil companies so we stand a better chance of hitting Powerball than overturning present gun laws.
Old 08.03.2010, 03:13 PM   #22
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, seems to be a lot of shady activity around that church of yours. Just put up a sign out front that says "the strongest position is on yr knees" and maybe people will start changing their ways.
Old 08.03.2010, 04:10 PM   #23
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Well we've had 11 murders so far this year in Worcester. Usually the majority of our murders are family/jealousy related with a few gang violence murders thrown in. Most gangs in Worcester know their territory and stay there. Most drug dealing is done by cell/car meet and pickup as opposed to going to a certain street corner or area.
I too believe that all guns should be outlawed. You want to hunt go to a resort where they have guns or store the guns in a central area where you pick it up and drop it off after hunting. They sure have found ways to take away most of our liberties shouldn't be a problem figuring out how to do it with guns if they really wanted too. NRA is probably the third biggest lobby firm working in Washington DC, right behind the Drug Companies and Oil companies so we stand a better chance of hitting Powerball than overturning present gun laws.

You're right.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2010, 04:41 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Yeah, seems to be a lot of shady activity around that church of yours. Just put up a sign out front that says "the strongest position is on yr knees" and maybe people will start changing their ways.
well, it is in South Central, the neighborhood has a bit of a reputation

the bitter irony is that not a single Ethiopian but the priests even live remotely in that neighborhood, we've had that building for over a decade but I have no idea why, perhaps a cosmic coincidence. Me and my friends who attend services are the only people even remotely hood in the congregation of hundreds and we are the only people who feel even slightly comfortable hanging out in that area, and yet the Church sticks around year after year, despite obvious concerns.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 02:21 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
there were SIX homicides for babies under a year old this year, I want to throw up

the most recent, a baby, Santos Pastor rest his soul, was SHOT and killed in Westlake on sunday!, fucking shit!
Santos Pastor

Died Nov. 7, 2010
Santos Pastor, a Latino male, died Sunday, Nov. 7, after being shot in Westlake, according to Los Angeles County coroner's records.

and of course I'm sure this halloween tragedy made national, even international news, though i am not sure how it is somehow more important or worthy of attention than any of the other FOURTEEN children under the age of five who were murdered in LA this year, THREE of which were SHOT DEAD in the STREET!

Aaron Shannon Jr., 5

Died Nov. 1, 2010

Aaron Shannon Jr., a 5-year-old black boy, died Monday, Nov. 1, a day after he was shot in the 1000 block of East 84th Street in Florence, according to Los Angeles County coroner's records.
Officials said Aaron was enjoying Halloween when he ran into the backyard to show off his Spider-Man costume to family members about 2 p.m. While he was outside, two men armed with handguns opened fire in the alley behind the home. At least one of the rounds struck Aaron in the back of his head. His uncle was hit in the leg, and his grandfather on the wrist.
Investigators said they believe both suspects fired handguns into the backyard and hit Aaron in the back of the head. Following the shooting, the boy was rushed to the hospital, where he died the next day.
Aaron's grandfather, William Shannon, and uncle, Terrence Shannon, suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Aaron, who attended elementary school in Compton, was going to a Halloween party in Inglewood, said his grandfather.
"I saw one of the men move to position himself to get a clear shot off, and he pointed a weapon and pulled the trigger," he said. "I turned around and I got shot in the left wrist, and he continued to fire as we were running."
"This is absolutely horrific. This is 2 p.m. on Halloween," said LAPD Deputy Chief Pat Gannon, who oversees South Los Angeles' policing. "This little boy was getting ready to go trick-or-treating.
"There is no reason for this shooting," he said. "This family has no gang ties. The shooters ... they are nothing but cowards."
Several days after the incident, two suspected gang members were arrested in connection with Aaron's death.
Marcus Denson, an 18-year-old black man, and Leonard Hall Jr., a 21-year old black man, are each being held on $1-million bail after they were apprehended by Los Angeles police detectives. Investigators said they believe the alleged gunmen had mistaken the location for one they intended to fire on.
Denson was taken into custody on Nov. 4, while Hall was arrested early Friday morning. Both are considered to be members of the Kitchen Crips gang; a rival gang controls the neighborhood where Aaron was killed.
Hall is on parole after a conviction on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, officials said. Jail records show he was also arrested on Oct. 15, but details about that arrest were not immediately available. As part of the conditions of his parole, he is forbidden from associating with the Kitchen Crips, according to a law enforcement source.

what the fuck is going on here america? meanwhile 4 marines were arrested on gun running here over the weekend.. semper fi eh?

Old 11.10.2010, 04:24 PM   #26
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
you guys are blaming guns when the most common denominator seen in this thread is hispanics.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 09:10 PM   #27
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
there are gun shops all over my city. guns are sold in wal-mart, super wal-mart, and i think at the outdoor bass fishing place. there are 2 new shooting ranges that i know of that have opened up over the past year. yet our homicide rate has plummeted.

http://savannahnow.com/news/2010-07-...-plummets-2010

Old 11.11.2010, 05:25 AM   #28
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
there are gun shops all over my city. guns are sold in wal-mart, super wal-mart, and i think at the outdoor bass fishing place. there are 2 new shooting ranges that i know of that have opened up over the past year. yet our homicide rate has plummeted.

you're probably not living under the same conditions?
(i mean, the hispanics.)

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 05:51 PM   #29
davenotdead
invito al cielo

what? there are poor people in savannah. our uneomployment is pretty high

Old 11.12.2010, 01:44 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

you know what makes me sick? The reality of gun trafficking in the US is that folks go to areas like yours where guns are prevalently available, they STEAL them from those wal-marts, from those gun shops, and more often from the warehouses and shipping yards which import/distribute those guns, then they smuggle them back over to urban warzones like Los Angeles and Chicago and New York and sell em on the block. I used to run with gun runners, I am aware of the business tactics. I tried to explain all this on the gun control thread, but the NRA lobby was shouting louder..

Guns are stolen from warehouses and shipping yards by the PALLET! Then they end up on the streets from LA to Juarez and serve as fertilizer to plant bodies in the earth..

Old 11.12.2010, 05:20 PM   #31
davenotdead
invito al cielo

you are still missing the point. the guns don't make your town dangerous. the people do. there are probably way more guns per capita in my town than in yours. my murder rate is plummeting, yours is not.

we should probably ban cars though, because those kill a lot of people and are also stolen a lot.

we should ban alocohol because that kills a ton of people, especially when mixed with cars.

we should kiss tobacco's sweet ass goodbye.

let's ban airplanes too so that al-qaeda can't get a hold of one.

Old 11.12.2010, 06:44 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you are still missing the point. the guns don't make your town dangerous. the people do. there are probably way more guns per capita in my town than in yours. my murder rate is plummeting, yours is not.

we should probably ban cars though, because those kill a lot of people and are also stolen a lot.

we should ban alocohol because that kills a ton of people, especially when mixed with cars.

we should kiss tobacco's sweet ass goodbye.

let's ban airplanes too so that al-qaeda can't get a hold of one.

Charlton Heston, while cars, and alcohol and tobacco and aeroplanes can harm, maim and kill people, that is not necessarily their intended use. There is NO other intended use for a firearm then to harm, maim or kill something, period. We can have this chicken and the egg debate for a lifetime, but the reality is that regardless of the matter, if you eliminate both the chicken AND the egg, you solve the problem

Old 11.13.2010, 12:07 AM   #33
davenotdead
invito al cielo

guns are used for protection against harming/maiming/killing.

why do we lock our cars today? because we don't carry around pistols. did men back in the 17/1800s lock up their horses when they went into the saloon? no, because they carried guns and knew how to use them to protect themselves and their property.

Old 11.13.2010, 03:27 AM   #34
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Unless you're referring to some kind of chastity belt, how could you lock up a horse?

I mean...they tied them to posts...
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2010, 03:29 AM   #35
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
& What's the point of this thread? What do you/I/we plan on doing about it.

(Im in a saucey mood tonight)
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2010, 11:30 AM   #36
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Unless you're referring to some kind of chastity belt, how could you lock up a horse?

I mean...they tied them to posts...

well yeah, they didn't worry about it. because they didn't have to. if any dude tried to fuck with their horse, it'd be swift justice in the form of a duel or even just shooting the guy in the back.

Old 11.13.2010, 12:37 PM   #37
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
guns are used for protection against harming/maiming/killing.

lol.

DO MAIN KILL HARM = STOP MAIM KILL HARM

no wait. HAVE GUNS so noone can maim kill harm. but what if the gun doesnt stop them... then MAIN KILL HARM

so MAIM KILL HARM will stop MAIM KILL HARM by doing it...

wait...

yep.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2010, 12:47 PM   #38
davenotdead
invito al cielo

yr the only one who gets it.

Old 11.13.2010, 12:50 PM   #39
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
you come from a country were it is allowable in the constitution to rise up and forcibly overthrow the gubbermint if they aren't benefiting the people. yet 8 years of bush = nothing. 2 years of obama the gun stores are out of bullets.

you don't deserve your own guns.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2010, 01:02 PM   #40
davenotdead
invito al cielo

we want guns. guess which states are doing the best financially? texas/oklahoma. those are bush states. the big obama states like california? they are in horrible debt. take them if you like. everyone's moving away from there anyway.

no money, no guns, rising crime, readily available weed. have fun and try not to get shot in the face.

i'll gladly keep my republican states

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth