Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bob Seger
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2007, 09:10 AM   #1
sarramkrop

Too many albums for a poll. I don't know them all, anyway. My two favourite are Brand New Morning and Night Moves. Yours?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I like Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, and Tuesday Week (But Never On A Sunday).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 09:25 AM   #3
sarramkrop

When I was a silly, sneering indie kid, I would always think of his music as being crap, even though I only knew the few popular numbers that did the rounds in the 80's. Then someone played me some of his older music and I regreted being silly, indie and stupid.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 09:42 AM   #4
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
When I was a silly, sneering indie kid, I would always think of his music as being crap, even though I only knew the few popular numbers that did the rounds in the 80's. Then someone played me some of his older music and I regreted being silly, indie and stupid.

I still hate him with a passion, so there must be some "silly, indie, and stupid" left in me. I've heard his earliest stuff and it's not bad, but not great psych rockish stuff in my book. As time went on he got exponentially worse and worse, and he certainly has a slew of those "few popular numbers that did the round in the '80s" to forever haunt our subconsciousnesses.

Now Kenny Rogers, that's another story, his early stuff with the New Edition was fucking awesome, and blows the Sege out of the water in the same basic genre. Kenny's early solo stuff even still had some teeth, though of course he too descended as his waiste line ascended and his hair line receded. Still, I'd take "The Gambler" with a hint of kitsch in all the pure cheese over the absolute bloatedness of "Like a Rock" any day.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 08:57 AM   #5
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Now Kenny Rogers, that's another story, his early stuff with the New Edition was fucking awesome, and blows the Sege out of the water in the same basic genre. Kenny's early solo stuff even still had some teeth, though of course he too descended as his waiste line ascended and his hair line receded. Still, I'd take "The Gambler" with a hint of kitsch in all the pure cheese over the absolute bloatedness of "Like a Rock" any day.

You's be happy to check out this website: http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/

Whoever created it must have a lot of time on their hands.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
oh my.
i recently bought a kenny rogers and the first edition album because the jacket was entirely silver and shiny and because it was a dollar.
Old 08.16.2007, 12:15 PM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not well versed on Seger. All I know are his two famous songs, and I hate both of them.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 12:49 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck bob seger. fuck the eagles. fuck all them stupid fucking california assholes.

Bob seger is the epitome of "rummy rock"
Old 08.16.2007, 04:32 PM   #9
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Bob Seger sucks.

I used to be in a hip hop crew, and we even had a song titled "Bob Seger Sucks".
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 02:18 PM   #10
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
"Heavy Music" from the Smokin' O.P.'s album is the one great Bob Seger song. As for the rest, I feel the same way Dead-Air does.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth