Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page charles manson thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2009, 12:44 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 12:46 PM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
The Lemonheads covered "Home Is Where You're Happy" on CREATOR. It's so awesome.
Old 08.20.2009, 12:48 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
His music is fucking awesome. I love PEOPLE SAY I'M NO GOOD... one of my favorite songs ever!

Tuning is a symbol of the opression of the man! You have that concept of in tune/out of tune. I don't have that yin/yang man, I don't need to tune my guitar cause I'm everywhere and everything, a440 is just an illusion man.

Old 08.20.2009, 01:16 PM   #24
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
His music is fucking awesome. I love PEOPLE SAY I'M NO GOOD... one of my favorite songs ever!

Tuning is a symbol of the opression of the man! You have that concept of in tune/out of tune. I don't have that yin/yang man, I don't need to tune my guitar cause I'm everywhere and everything, a440 is just an illusion man.

Link

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 06:39 PM   #25
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2h2FP5sYJI&feature=fvw
Old 08.20.2009, 07:51 PM   #26
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
<3 u charlie

one of the most startlingly intelligent human beings on the earth, a fact that most people unfortunately fail to recognize or admit to.

He clearly thinks the same about you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9kT47PlLS0
Always nice, isn't it?

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 07:57 PM   #27
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say he was a brilliant songwriter. But beyond that, nuts and scary.
Old 08.20.2009, 07:59 PM   #28
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
wtf at this thread.

wtf.
Old 08.20.2009, 08:14 PM   #29
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
charlie is indeed an insanely intelligent human being. one i have a lot of respect for.
You have respect for him just because you think he's intelligent?

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 08:42 PM   #30
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I disagree that he is even remotely intelligent, but aside from that..

IMHO if you fuck up a bunch of people, that overrides any 'intelligence' you may or may not have.
Old 08.20.2009, 08:51 PM   #31
phoenix
invito al cielo

you could apply that kind of question to any person who has remotely negatively influenced another person. It doesn't particularly prove or disprove anything.
Old 08.20.2009, 09:02 PM   #32
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
and it takes someone really intelligent to fuck with someone elses mind. a seemingly simple task, such as changing someone else's mind, can be super difficult.

intelligence doesnt always have to be used as a tool to "better" mankind, in order to be valid. adolph hitler was a fucking genius, no matter how ya look at it.

That isn't true either. Are you suggesting that anyone who has ever brought a reaction out of you is therefore highly intelligent? A person's psychological make up and personality type would have far more impact on that kind of situation than intelligence.

I do think that intellect isn't always used in the best of ways, but I really doubt that the mind behind complex ideas or concepts is very often the one to use it in a negative way.

Hitler wasn't a genius, he was a crappy painter and a lonely person who felt the world owed him something. How can any human be considered highly intelligent when they feel they are even remotely important? let alone the most important person in the world. Again, I would really think that has more to do with psychology and personality.
Old 08.20.2009, 09:03 PM   #33
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
we're talking about someone that (most likely) got a bunch of kids to murder a fucking celebrity. not an easy task. NOT something an idiot could (easily) get someone else to WANT to do....do i think his actions were ok? no...i do not. if his actions were what i think his actions probally were.

and no matter how ya look at it...no matter what yr personal opinion may be on what he was/was not trying to do...the dude was, and is, successful.

So on this train of thought.. you consider every person who leads some kind of cult, religious institution, and extremist movement, highly intelligent? Because they have the capacity to appeal to the minds of people who may be more susceptable to needing to be told what to do or needing approval for whatever reason?
Old 08.20.2009, 09:05 PM   #34
phoenix
invito al cielo

The fact that they are condoning and encouraging completely irrational behaviour in the group is irrelevant? Just because they can lead a group makes them intelligent?

What about children in a school yard, any 7 year old bully who can manipulate a group of other kids into smashing another kid in the face, is a genius?

come on.. It's no different. Give someone enough time and find the 'right' people to follow you, and any dumb fuck could accomplish that.
Old 08.20.2009, 09:07 PM   #35
phoenix
invito al cielo

I don't really want to get into an argument with you and I know you will believe what you do regardless.

My 2c though.
Old 08.20.2009, 09:15 PM   #36
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i do. his level of intelligence is INSANE < no pun intended.

hes also said plenty of things i agree with.

i think one has to have a slightly off-kilter way of thinking in order to "get" half the things he says/does in interviews.

but angella....if you read that first post carefully..i dont say anything specifically about respecting him because hes intelligent. i kept the two seperate. that seems to be a conclusion you jumped to mighty fast. however, you were right...at least, on some weird level.

I think she was giving you the benefit of the doubt, because if you don't respect him for that, what do you respect him for? Trying to start a race war? Manipulating young women into doing horrible things, including torturing and murdering a pregnant woman? His music is often very good, but that doesn't mean anything, really.

I'm also interested to hear what he's said that you agree with.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 09:31 PM   #37
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
He learned all of that stuff from reading Scientology books on how to manipulate people into joining the cult. For the record, he was actually a practicing Scientologist for awhile and had his own (dianetics?) machine. Does that make him unintelligent? No, of course not. But there are many types of intelligence. He happens to have emotional intelligence with a lack of empathy (in other words, narcissism).

Quote:
hitler wasnt a "crappy" painter...hes stuff just didnt happen to be of much interest to most that saw it. i consider him highly intelligent because he manipulated a whole fucking country and scared the shit out of the rest of the world. not to mention the fact he wiped out a LARGE portion of a certain race. do i think thats a good thing? again, no. but i bet you couldnt do it. i bet most (if anyone) on this board could do it.

But how do you know? A lot of people use their understanding of human behavior to do good. You have to WANT to do those things before you do them, whether or not you are capable. And again, there are many types of intelligence. Being very capable in one area doesn't mean you are in any other area. See socially retarded math nerds for an example.

Also, it's, unfortunately, a lot easier to manipulate people into doing evil things than it is to get them to do good things.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 09:42 PM   #38
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
i love charlie. i had a huge rasterbated picture of him on my bedroom wall recently.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 09:48 PM   #39
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses

highly recommend.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 10:48 PM   #40
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I'm brand new.

Everything I do is always .. brand new.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth