Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Saul William - The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.25.2007, 03:33 PM   #1
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Saul Williams (poet/actor/rapper) is releasing his new album on November 1st. You can either pick to download it for free (192 MP3) or you can pay $5 and choose from 192 MP3, 320 MP3 or FLAC; this will all be ripped with LAME 3.97 and contains no DRM (in effect one-upping Radiohead).

Preorder is up at http://niggytardust.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Williams
THE INEVITABLE RISE AND LIBERATION OF NIGGYTARDUST!

01) Black History Month
02) Convict Colony
03) Tr(n)igger
04) Sunday Bloody Sunday
05) Break
06) NiggyTardust
07) DNA
08) WTF!
09) Scared Money
10) Raw
11) Skin of a Drum
12) No One Ever Does
13) Banged and Blown Through
14) Raised to be Lowered
15) The Ritual

Written and performed by Saul Williams
with Trent Reznor, CX Kidtronik, Thavius Beck and more.

Produced by Trent Reznor
Mixed By Alan Moulder
Mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
Engineering / programming: Atticus Ross

My Dearest Friends and Fans,

It is my greatest honor to present to you The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust!,
my new album produced by Trent Reznor and mixed by Alan Moulder. The wall of sound that we've created is tagged with such graffiti that a passerby would seek out doors and ways to ENTER. Once inside a world defined by dreams come true they'd find aligned with the simplest act of sharing what we treasure. Most people aren't aware of the world of art and commerce where exploitation strips each artist down to nigger. Each label, like apartheid, multiplies us by our divide and whips us 'til we conform to lesser figures. What falls between the cracks is a pile of records stacked to the heights of talents hidden from the sun. Yet the energy they put into popularizing smut makes a star of a shiny polished gun. The ballot or the bullet for Mohawk or the mullet is a choice between new times and dying days. And the only way to choose is to jump ship from old truths and trust dolphins as we swim through changing ways. The ways of middlemen proves to be just a passing trend. We need no priests to talk to God. No phone to call her. And when you click the link below, i think it fair that you should know that your purchase will make middlemen much poorer...

NiggyTardust!

love,

Saul

I realize not everyone here listens to rap, but I really like his self-titled, especially on the track with Zach Delarocha. I'm looking forward to a download.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
His track 'Grippo' samples Chrome's Zombie Warfare. What the fuck.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2010, 10:24 PM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
cuz trent reznor is friends with him and produces some of his shit, Derek.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 05:37 AM   #5
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. This particular record was entirely produced by Trent Reznor, actually, I think. I LOVE the first track on that album, Black History Month.
EDIT: well the first message says the record is produced by Trent Reznor. I should read before posting.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2010, 12:04 PM   #6
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
why is he perpetuating the N word?
Old 08.01.2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
'Grippo' is from the album before this though and I read that he produced it himself. Weird.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth