Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Rob Zombie's Halloween
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.16.2007, 06:34 PM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I just find it funny that, as popular as Zombie is, his films haven't been very popular (critically, Devil's Rejects was acclaimed, but didn't it do very poorly in the box office? And House did shitty, critically and otherwise)...

both films didn't get a theatrical release here.

therefore, they have become cult favorites "have you seen 'devil's rejects'? fuck man, it's awesome, it's rob zombie doing this horror movie..." "i know, i've read about it" "yeah but it's awesome!!! i have a bootelg dvd, it looks kinda shitty when someone in the theater stands up to go to the bathroom but otherwise, it looks good."

nothing else to add, i'm still pretty pissed at rob to support any crap he's done post-white zombie. with the clear exception of the forthcoming white zombie box set.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 07:54 PM   #22
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
It should be good, I'm looking forward to its release in the UK, though, I am a big fan of the halloween movies. I like the idea behind it, the original, it's definately a unique horror movie, unlike all the recent modern, boring, generic horror movie. The pure evil subhuman killer, 'The shape' that torments his home town like a menacing great white shark.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 09:58 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
that's insane that they didn't come out in mexico, everyneurotic... wow. i guess lion's gate doesn't distribute movies to there? cuz they played here everywhere..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 12:29 AM   #24
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, very weird; we get the big movies and a couple of the not so big ones, and sometimes, they show the not so big ones for one week before they take them out.

they might have been shown at the cineteca probably, they tend to reach out of the normal circuit.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth