Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Hello. How's Everyone Doing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2023, 12:58 PM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Twas but a joke ye auld scrubber

I know it was a joke. I'm gentle, now, and more creative.

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2023, 08:00 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Twas but a joke
where?! i never saw one xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I know it was a joke.
but wouldn't a joke need to be funny to be identified as such, though?

--

anyway, the boat thing looks demanding and interesting (even with the natalie woods... spooky, no need to go into details publicly)

sssso, what's next?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2023, 04:19 AM   #23
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I can't with this guy
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2023, 04:24 AM   #24
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I know it was a joke. I'm gentle, now, and more creative.

Can confirm hippies' love of water, as evidenced by the numerous dope-boats along regents canal by cafe oto... and bong water, obviously.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2023, 04:11 PM   #25
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Can confirm hippies' love of water, as evidenced by the numerous dope-boats along regents canal by cafe oto... and bong water, obviously.
You’d be surprised by how dealing with boats makes people way more cynical than in any job that I have been in before. I don’t have to deal with, mostly, day-to-day chores about them, but they are really hard work in terms of maintenance. Things can go wrong all the time, particularly if you are not moored and protected by some security enclave and a certified marina. A lot of people choose to live on one because they think they are getting a cheaper rent option, in London at least, but the council has now decided to make them pay tax because they won’t move their berths for at least three times a year. Canal boats do, but marina boats don’t, really. Plus, you are not protected by government laws if you decide to rent your boat out. Most people who buy boats love the romance of it, but in reality it’s hard work unless you have the money and the right boat. Narrow ones are really only good for couples without children. Widebeams or Dutch Barges are much better for families. But if you buy them without the boat having had a proper survey (not just on water, useless), you may end up with a pile of floating shit.
Old 12.22.2023, 04:26 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You’d be surprised by how dealing with boats makes people way more cynical than in any job that I have been in before. I don’t have to deal with, mostly, day-to-day chores about them, but they are really hard work in terms of maintenance. Things can go wrong all the time, particularly if you are not moored and protected by some security enclave and a certified marina. A lot of people choose to live on one because they think they are getting a cheaper rent option, in London at least, but the council has now decided to make them pay tax because they won’t move their berths for at least three times a year. Canal boats do, but marina boats don’t, really. Plus, you are not protected by government laws if you decide to rent your boat out. Most people who buy boats love the romance of it, but in reality it’s hard work unless you have the money and the right boat. Narrow ones are really only good for couples without children. Widebeams or Dutch Barges are much better for families. But if you buy them without the boat having had a proper survey (not just on water, useless), you may end up with a pile of floating shit.
fucking council! hahahahahaaaaa... yes it's becoming a global fad now with rising real estate prices really, and higher interest rates. not a new thing, to live in a boat, but i believe it's experiencing a recent spike right along homelessness and "van dwelling" (you should look at some van living youtubes, it's mostly white homeless people pretending to be cool. well it's a bit tragic, i'm not making fun of the situation, only of the pretense and promotion of the "lifestyle", which gets annoying because come on, nobody should be encouraging this, except to provide tips for an emergency situation. it's not sustainable and they all end up "quitting")

im familiar with your british canal narrowboats btw, but for me i'd like something i could cruise in, for the greta thunberg travel aspect of it. why get on a flying petri dish and pollute when you can sail peacefully with nicer germs and take your time? nothing to do with romance, honest, i know what seagulls can do... for me it's more about the proper gtfo package in case of disaster. i wish i were joking, but i try to look far at possibilities which may never happen (will likely not happen) but could anyway. so i'm more about finding something with a solid keel, because some day maybe i might need it...

i already have a house in the middle of nowhere that requires... a big measure of self-sufficiency, so i'm not unaccustomed to that aspect of things... when you're out in the sticks you really appreciate the ease of city living and not having to chop wood for heat
Old 01.02.2024, 02:01 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
got attacked by pitbull while walking two dogs on Nov 13. On Nov 15 I got fired after 5 years by a vindictive asshole who himself was leaving the college two weeks later.

other than that all is swell
Old 01.02.2024, 08:30 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
goddammit man...

here's wishing you a prompt return to good things
Old 01.03.2024, 06:26 AM   #29
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
hey Rob!

I hope the new year will bring you better fortune.

And I wish the same for all others too

As for me, if all goes well, I will be changing jobs very soon. And I'll need to move as well, because the new job is far away from where I live now.
Relatively far away, 120km. But too far for a daily commute

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2024, 07:05 PM   #30
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Lots of things need to be done this year, it's gonna be an intense ride and it's causing me a good bit of anguish.

But on the flipside, I was finally able to open myself to love and affection coming my way. New Year's Eve left me with a major decision - either revert to my cocoon - the same comfort but also unwavering sameness I'm used to, or open myself to someone I know cares a whole deal about me and whom I care a whole deal about too. Being openly vulnerable and letting someone else in has been a fear of mine for a long time. Experiences in the past have made me overly careful and self-reflective. But in the end, I decided now was just about the right time to go for it. I'll see the adventure through, wherever it may take me and however long it may abide.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2024, 02:04 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
got attacked by pitbull while walking two dogs on Nov 13. On Nov 15 I got fired after 5 years by a vindictive asshole who himself was leaving the college two weeks later.

other than that all is swell

Wow Rob, I hope you're ok.
Old 01.30.2024, 05:17 AM   #32
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
I recently came out as a grey ace to quite a few people I know and they were very accepting and accomodating.

What does grey ace stand for? Sorry for lack of knowledge.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2024, 05:23 AM   #33
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Hey Gabe, nice to see you around! I just logged in today after a long time, but I'm glad this place still shows some signs of life.

I've been good. Kids are growing and they bring immense joy to my life. We've been thinking of relocating to Switzerland permanently as the situation in my home country is slowly turning to big shit. But it's a hard decision and I'm a bit afraid to do such a big move with kids and all that.

I've starting working on music again and honing my Ableton skills. It's nice to see that I'm capable of doing much more and control the sound way better than I used to.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2024, 06:47 AM   #34
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
What does grey ace stand for? Sorry for lack of knowledge.

Grey asexual. Meaning, only marginally/rarely interested in sexual relationships. In my case, I'm romantically inclined.

Hey, only two years ago I had no idea what that meant either. It's only entering the public conscious on baby steps. It's been a long journey of self-discovery and for a long time I didn't realize asexuality is a spectrum. So I wouldn't have identified as one. But through more exposure to the topic and learning more and more about the different types, I realized: Hey, a lot of that checks out with how I feel about things. And I also realized: Hey, there are more of us out there. I'm currently romantically involved/in a relationship with a woman who identifies as demisexual, which is also on the ace spectrum.

It all came together after last year's Vienna Pride Parade, I guess. I saw quite a few ace flags flying and during the event where the starting numbers were assigned (picked from a hat as to make the results randomized), I realized there was an entire group representing aces there that year. The year before, I had already thought about openining up about that, but I was uncertain and didn't want to misrepresent anything. But last year I found the courage and realized that definitions can be fuzzy sometimes, because each person is an individual and relates to things in a very distinct way. And for the most part, descriptors are merely guidelines that help you understand yourself better. That realization made me accept what I've known intuitively for a long time.

And while there are a lot of things in this world that are still baffling to me, I at least know a bit more about myself now. And that feels genuinely good.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2024, 09:27 AM   #35
Beer In Belly
little trouble girl

Beer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard sucka
Good to see some fellow acers. I'm part of the community as well, specifically the ace in the hole clique. Ace-hole for short.

Our dear sovereign leader:

Beer In Belly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2024, 07:31 PM   #36
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
^

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2024, 02:36 AM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Hey! Thank you for thinking about my photos. I'm constantly working hard at improving as a photographer. I'm good, always quite busy. These days I work in two marinas as watercrew and I'm very much enjoying it. How are you?.

Have you left London?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2024, 03:02 AM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
In short:

Still living in East London, my son is now 6, we tried to have more children but it didn't happen. I'm training to be an electrician, which i like, but I'm not crazy about working on building sites. Once I'm qualified I'm going to try and get into some kind of sustainability related line of work.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2024, 06:49 AM   #39
Beer In Belly
little trouble girl

Beer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
^

Hello, fellow ace-hole! How's the weather down there? stormy, like a storm in a teabeer cup?
Beer In Belly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2024, 12:47 PM   #40
MisterTrick
little trouble girl

MisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's asses
nice!!!, I wonder if electrician is a potential grow industry with the rise of EVs as it feels like the demand for home charging and DC Fast charging keeps increasing
MisterTrick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth