Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So Street Fighter 4 comes to consoles next week
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2009, 12:43 PM   #21
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
That was SFII Turbo, but it wasn't a glitch
Glitch, not glitch, still unfairly awesome.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 12:45 PM   #22
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
also, I wish I could challenge some of you to SF2 now.
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 12:48 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
ahh..

street fighter makes me want to go to the liquor store for a pocket full of jolly ranchers and bubble yum...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:41 PM   #24
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
ill be copping it for ps3...and now a token ps3 defense: its cheaper than xbox360...the base model of 360 (with a miniscule hard drive) at $200 + wifi for $100+ batteries or charger for controllers $?, plus 50 a year for online...equals the ps3 paying for itself in under a year...anyways...of course to each his own and the game is gonna be cool no matter what system you get it on
Old 02.10.2009, 07:45 PM   #25
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Glitch, not glitch, still unfairly awesome.

yeah, but from what i can remember i think balrog is the only character who is totally defenseless against it, and who ever uses him?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 07:55 PM   #26
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Isn't that a bit like saying you don't like blowjobs? I mean, even if it's true, you really shouldn't say it in public.

blowjobs are alright, but over rated in my opinion.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 09:08 PM   #27
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm SUPER EXCITED!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 09:09 PM   #28
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
also, I wish I could challenge some of you to SF2 now.
on PS3? I"m thinkni' of bying it.
Old 02.10.2009, 09:11 PM   #29
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:

Semi-related awesomeness. The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in Street Fighter 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pemlKXKQXM
That right there is fucking ridiculous!
Old 02.10.2009, 09:48 PM   #30
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
ill be copping it for ps3...and now a token ps3 defense: its cheaper than xbox360...the base model of 360 (with a miniscule hard drive) at $200 + wifi for $100+ batteries or charger for controllers $?, plus 50 a year for online...equals the ps3 paying for itself in under a year...anyways...of course to each his own and the game is gonna be cool no matter what system you get it on
When you get it on PS3 send me a message if you want a new challenger to approach : o
Old 02.12.2009, 12:04 PM   #31
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Can I join in on some SF4 fights! I gots me a PS3
Old 02.13.2009, 04:31 AM   #32
vulva
the end of the ugly

yeah man, I can't wait! add me to your psn: tiimmay

On a side note. I was having a pretty rough day today, so my friend rachel drew this for me to cheer me up. It's far too sweet of her to do for me, but it did put a massive smile on my face. To avoid confusion, my first name is Chris.

Old 02.13.2009, 07:28 AM   #33
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
my friend is probably peeing his pants right now in anticipation of this moment.
Old 02.13.2009, 09:42 PM   #34
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
my psn is: MikeWatt
ill try and add you guys later but im drinking so i apologize in advance
Old 02.14.2009, 02:52 AM   #35
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored

PS3 is still $500. You know why xboxlive is so great? Because people pay for it. PSN is shitty because it's free. There's no reason for SONY to provides updates. Besides, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. Wifi and wireless controllers are also not essential. 360 also has way more exclusives and multi-platform games are generally almost always better on 360 due to them being developed on 360 first then ported to ps3.

But on topic, I'm not really looking forward to SF4. I don't know why. I guess the 3d graphics turn me off a bit. I'm not against 3d graphics or anything but something about them is weird for this game. I think it should have stayed with 2d graphics. The new King of Fighters and BlazBlue (they have either just come out or are coming out soon) have 2d graphics and look amazing. 2d graphics have the potential to look amazing with today's consoles. Besides, I'm really enjoying HD Remix. I was more pumped for that game than SF4. SSFT turbo is still awesome.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2009, 10:39 AM   #36
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

$400 for an 80 gig...psn works fine for me, never had a single problem, though i dont spend much time sitting around playing online games...xbox live offers nothing that i see worth paying for...more exclusives doesnt mean better exclusives...that multi-platform port business is no longer true...there were some shitty ports in the beginning, but the quality gap has pretty much been equalled. i was just clearing up a common misconception, not trying to start some tit for tat. the initial cost of a ps3 is less than the cost of a 360 in under a year, a little research proves this. unless you want a miniscule hard drive/no internet or wireless controls to play kung-fu panda on. with that broke ass d pad.
Old 02.14.2009, 03:37 PM   #37
vulva
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus -- PSN is a fine service in itself, the problem isn't with it but rather the demand from XBL. Developers are pushed to develop with the netcoding for XBL as a top priority from the studios due to the need for payment. If XBL didn't cost money, they'd put equal effort in to the netcoding for both of them. Fact is that publishers are more concerned about getting the product out fast, and not wanting to alienate the customers who payed extra for their online service. Don't blame the PSN, it's the publishers who are demanding less in regards to netcoding quality for the PSN.

Also, you mentioned BlazBlue. That's probably my favourite new fighter I've played in recent times. I regularily go to an arcade that's about 40 minutes from my house just to play it. I much prefer it to the new SF.

All of that aside, I spent 5 hours a friend's house playing SF4 on his modded 360 (game leaked, if any of you have a modded console) and the default control scheme fucking sucks. Right bumper for fierce punch and right trigger for fierce kick? You can adjust it... but it sucked when we took turns playing through arcade mode fights to unlock more characters. I couldn't get used to it at all.

chairman of the bored, you forgot to mention the best feature of the PS3. Full USB gamepad support. I'm probably going to mostly playing SF4 on a USB Sega Saturn controller, with the DPAD OF THE GODS.
Old 02.15.2009, 11:39 AM   #38
vulva
the end of the ugly

Tournament starts in two hours, wish me luck!
Old 02.15.2009, 01:14 PM   #39
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

throw a fireball for shelley
Old 02.15.2009, 02:21 PM   #40
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:

All of that aside, I spent 5 hours a friend's house playing SF4 on his modded 360 (game leaked, if any of you have a modded console) and the default control scheme fucking sucks. Right bumper for fierce punch and right trigger for fierce kick? You can adjust it... but it sucked when we took turns playing through arcade mode fights to unlock more characters. I couldn't get used to it at all.

My cousin got the leaked version. I haven't played it but, he was tellin' me that the arcade mode was a bit underdeveloped. The dialogue got weird at times.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth