Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page someone talk about metal with me
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2008, 09:18 AM   #41
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
the cult's - electric.....best ac/dc album ever? oooooooohhhhh!!
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 09:19 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Metal is all about the RIFF and that is what hair metal bands forgot, or ig nored, which is why, after hair metal was growing for a couple of years, to see guns and roses come in to that same maelstrom of shit in LA and fucking get RAW and rock out with fat riffs and tasty grooves... that was fucking cool.

guns and roses....jane's addiction.... bands that straged themlseves. they could have been the saviours of rock, but instead we ended up with nirvana as the funerael dirge to end rock.
Old 07.24.2008, 09:24 AM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I really really love the riffs in this song
megadeth
Holy Wars
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YczYC2yHTM

especially around the 2:26 mark
Old 07.24.2008, 09:25 AM   #44
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like most of metal - speed metal, trash metal, heavy metal, prog metal, black metal - I just can't get into it.

I really enjoy hardcore and doom/drone metal though: Sunn O))), EARTH, Nadja, but especially those ultra hardcore bands, Converge, Orchid for instance. I like Isis and Cult Of Luna as well.

Lately, I've been listening a lot to Genghis Tron, I find them really great
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 09:29 AM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the rise of metal co-incided with the increase in tensions of the cold war
Old 07.24.2008, 09:33 AM   #46
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I really really love the riffs in this song
megadeth
Holy Wars
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YczYC2yHTM

especially around the 2:26 mark

Yeah great song. 2:30-3:28 is the only part I can play without screwing up.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 09:35 AM   #47
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Brilliance
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 09:36 AM   #48
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
never did get into thrash much, very weak lyrically, megadeth always strike me as beyond silly.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 10:13 AM   #49
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
necrophagist are the only metal band i care about today.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 10:28 AM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

remember when Judas Priest decided to show the "kids" how it is done and released the PAINKILLER album and the song just fucking shreds and blasts from the get go and fucking sounds like it would shve metal up yr ass?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAagedeKdcQ
Old 07.24.2008, 10:34 AM   #51
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going to the metal masters tour next month (priest, motorhead, heaven & hell). i just learned RJD is 66 years old. i also like the new priest album nostrodamus - self-indulgent, but heavy nonetheless. motley crue's new album saints of los angeles is pretty good too, better than anything since shout.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 10:58 AM   #52
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91
i'm going to the metal masters tour next month (priest, motorhead, heaven & hell)...

and testament.

i have a chance to go to this, mainly for motörhead since the one time they came, i fucked up and didn't go. i need to see lemmy live.

lately, i've been in a huge thrash kick, i'm playing tons of super fast palm muted riffs and a few days ago i listened to anthrax's among the living, "i am the law" the law is the shit, best anthrax riff ever, and love the middle section. when i play it, i play it twice as fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-wFhhv7cs (don't mind the cunt singing and introducing the song, though. bonus points for the batman comic at the beginning of this clip.)

i'm also digging the gridlink album, best grind album in a while.

i'm kinda doomed out, you know? i'm sick of bands that sound like khanate. the new ufomammut album is the closest thing to something like that i truly dug a lot.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 12:20 PM   #53
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
remember when Judas Priest decided to show the "kids" how it is done and released the PAINKILLER album and the song just fucking shreds and blasts from the get go and fucking sounds like it would shve metal up yr ass?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAagedeKdcQ

Here's a great live version of. http://youtube.com/watch?v=GFtvWvOHknQ
Old 07.24.2008, 01:05 PM   #54
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I've been into Black Metal for a while. Xasthur is a band you should definately try.
Old 07.24.2008, 02:19 PM   #55
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i listen to too many metal bands to start naming them, but i generally like metal that is verrrrrrry fast (grind, thrash, black, death) verrrrrrrrrry slow (drone, doom, stoner) and very technical (whatever) and always violent. speed and violence is my main thing though.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 02:23 PM   #56
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

speed and violence!!!!
Old 07.24.2008, 02:45 PM   #57
demonrail666
invito al cielo

To speed and violence.

Old 07.24.2008, 04:59 PM   #58
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegans4veal
sunn o))) are especially good live, your whole body is just penetrated with sound, you can barely move it likes fucking concrete.

Agree 100% with this. Cantanky - check out Sunn 0))) next time they hit NYC - you'll love it, honestly.
Old 07.24.2008, 05:25 PM   #59
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Diamond Head!!

Speaking of metal. I was rummaging around a book store a few days ago, and discovered a book that just has the names of EVERY heavy metal band in existence. No text. Just names.

I am not joking.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 05:43 PM   #60
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I was rummaging around a book store a few days ago, and discovered a book that just has the names of EVERY heavy metal band in existence. No text. Just names.

I am not joking.

If you ARE being serious. that is seriously funny.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth