Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Letterman: Incinerate!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2006, 01:28 PM   #41
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Some one make youtube work ! I've got a 20 Mbs connection and it's buffering every second....
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 01:42 PM   #42
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I thought the performance was alright and the freakout was welcome and funny. Did anyone else notice that Thurston had a cold or something?

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 06:32 PM   #43
Nochaser78
empty page

Nochaser78 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytADXZFzwH8"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/ytADXZFzwH8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytADXZFzwH8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Nochaser78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:03 PM   #44
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I, for one, just expected more out of the band.

Just because they're old, it doesn't mean they have to be boring as well.

so I'm guessing you and AssBlaster are one in the same..typical....

I see you are only 18 years old (which probably is not true either) but anyways..it is clear from reading your posts you lack valid musical referances also I doubt you possess any talents of your own...outside of using a keyboard to type and play computer games.. but it does explain why you are so bored in your youth..try going outside get some fresh air and sun..exercise, ride a bike.. fuck just go have some fun for christ's sake..you are too young and it's so uncool to be Bored that's so 2004 !!

to compare original SY music to a JCash cover, doesn't make a valid point, you are talking in a circle of senseless babble.. If you were an SY fan which it is clear you are not you would see this release as an excellant show of SY talent, they bend in new and familar directions, there is nice feel of Sister and Murray St in the vibe of the album..

Pick up this month's issue of Mojo which covers beautifully the Beatles top 100 songs and reviews by many peers in the industry along with a review of the new album...

I'm not trying to bash you.. but it is BORING to read a little kid talk about things when it's clear they have no experiences to draw on..
SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 11:05 PM   #45
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips

I see you are only 18 years old (which probably is not true either) but anyways..it is clear from reading your posts you lack valid musical referances also I doubt you possess any talents of your own...outside of using a keyboard to type and play computer games.. but it does explain why you are so bored in your youth..try going outside get some fresh air and sun..exercise, ride a bike.. fuck just go have some fun for christ's sake..you are too young and it's so uncool to be Bored that's so 2004 !!

to compare original SY music to a JCash cover, doesn't make a valid point, you are talking in a circle of senseless babble.. If you were an SY fan which it is clear you are not you would see this release as an excellant show of SY talent, they bend in new and familar directions, there is nice feel of Sister and Murray St in the vibe of the album..

Pick up this month's issue of Mojo which covers beautifully the Beatles top 100 songs and reviews by many peers in the industry along with a review of the new album...

I'm not trying to bash you.. but it is BORING to read a little kid talk about things when it's clear they have no experiences to draw on..

You are an idiot. It is boring to read the same post over and over about how we are 'little kids' and 'immature' by people who could barely pass for concious they are so fucking stupid.
Old 06.21.2006, 01:55 AM   #46
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I think you're just upset that someone who calls themself "Assblaster" has more sense than you do.

Quote:
I see you are only 18 years old (which probably is not true either)
I'm 18, and I can't believe a person who doesn't even display their own age in their profile is telling me that I am not.

Quote:
but anyways..it is clear from reading your posts you lack valid musical referances also I doubt you possess any talents of your own...outside of using a keyboard to type and play computer games..

You're just as guilty as I am when it comes to posting on a message board. Boo-fuckin'-hoo. What am I up to, almost four posts per day? Yeah, I really spend too much time here. I mean, four posts! Who has time for that? And on the subject of my own talents and hobbies, I've played the guitar for nearly five years, but I don't use that to justify anything I say on this board. Whether I play a musical instrument or not is irrelevant. Even before I started playing, I could still discern a decent song from a song that was total crap. It doesn't take anything more than ears to acquire that particular skill. And please, enlighten me on how my posts showcase my "lack of valid musical referances [sic]," so I can then point you to the nearest Spell Check function. I don't know what you want me to say...that I do, in fact, go outside? That I have hobbies outside of this message board? Read my profile again--I list a few, none of which have anything to do with computer games (which I don't even play).

Quote:
but it does explain why you are so bored in your youth..try going outside get some fresh air and sun..exercise, ride a bike.. fuck just go have some fun for christ's sake..you are too young and it's so uncool to be Bored that's so 2004 !!

I never claimed to be "bored" in my youth--I claimed to be bored by one song. Nor did I give any indication that I've never stepped outside. I know I've talked before on here about how I love to play basketball, but I guess you just ignored those parts of the posts of mine that you claim to have read. And again, I don't know how old you're assuming that I am, but I can assure you that I am 18, just like my profile says. I posted pictures of myself in the "Post a Picture of Yourself" thread on the Non-Sonics board that are only a year old. Go ahead and have a look at them if you're so intent on verifying my age.

Quote:
to compare original SY music to a JCash cover, doesn't make a valid point, you are talking in a circle of senseless babble..

The only comparison that I drew between Johnny Cash and Sonic Youth was that "Hurt" and Rather Ripped were both recorded by artists who are/were "over the hill," so to speak. Cash had enough sense to ask for help, and it resulted in one of the best covers of any song I've ever heard. Sonic Youth, on the other hand, wrote "Incinerate," which is a really shitty song. They could have used extra help, or at least used better judgment (which I know they are capable of--Murray Street proved that they could still make beautiful music, and that getting older didn't necessarily mean they had run out of ideas).

Quote:
If you were an SY fan which it is clear you are not you would see this release as an excellant show of SY talent, they bend in new and familar directions, there is nice feel of Sister and Murray St in the vibe of the album..

If you weren't illiterate, you would have noticed that I've said many times before that I HAVE NOT HEARD THE ALBUM YET. The comments that I made obviously pertained to "Incinerate." How many songs is that? One? Well excuse me for disliking one Sonic Youth song. As for my status as a Sonic Youth fan, I would hate to think that those two Sonic Youth concerts I went to were just accidents. And all of those albums purchased...oops!

Quote:

I don't like the Beatles. They bore me almost as much as "Incinerate."

Quote:

What do I have to have experience in to be able to make judgments about particular songs? My nine-year-old brother likes The Vaselines, but I'm not going to tell him that he can't actually like The Vaselines until he grows up a bit. By the way, he's half my age, which still makes me 18.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 06:36 AM   #47
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Video and mp3 can be found here:
http://culturebully.blogspot.com/200...late-show.html

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 08:47 AM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I rip your heart out from your chest
replace it with a grenade blast
incinerate
Old 06.22.2006, 12:53 AM   #49
SugarLips
little trouble girl

I liked the performance I think it's difficult to take a song and cut it down to fit into the time allowed by the show..

it was good performance overall.. the song is awesome and so is the release...

Old 06.22.2006, 02:04 AM   #50
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
o wow .. did I strike nerves of the board babes or what !!!

ok ok ok I believe you are 18 good for you.. as for AssBlaster's name I don't have a judgement on it other than it is silly and made me laugh when I saw it.. and it seems from this thread they like pop music

glad to hear you play basketball (no I didn't bother to read all of YOUR posts becuz I don't really care who or what you do) but good to know you are not some little pig in front of the computer thinking you rule the world.
I'm all for Like what you Like just somethings posted like comparing them to JCash would only come from someone of youth who feels anyone over 20 must be "old" you'll see life begins all throughout your years.. youth and freedom come from the heart...

too bad you don't like the Beatles or SY's new music but it's your choice and good for you I don't care to change or argue with you or any others like you.. life is too good to waste time on someone or somethings so trival..and calling people names I guess makes others feel better.. so good for the people who tried to take up for you... friends are good to have

One thing I have found common for people when they are "older" to look back on 18 and realize they were not the smartest person in the world...

I expect this to be something few kids of today will ever admit but will remain to be true..

Now I'm bored.. good luck to you and best wishes ..

Any false accusations you direct at someone are going to "strike a nerve," as you put it. It would be a different matter altogether if anything you said about my personal life had been true. If it had been, I wouldn't have minded, because the information would most likely have come from me in the first place. It's easy to jump to conclusions, especially when they concern someone (in this case, me) who you've never interacted with--not even on a message board. I'm not going to be grateful that you've somewhat retracted the more outlandish things you said about me. You should have known better than to do it in the first place, especially when you're obviously so much wiser and more experienced than I am when it comes to life, and being a complete ass.

I highly doubt I'll regret anything that I've said in this thread anytime soon--especially that which was directed toward you. Don't use my age to justify putting me down. I'm already running laps around you and your faulty logic. It must be hard being so dimwitted.

Did I say anywhere that I considered anyone over 20 to be "old"? Do I need to remind you that I'm only two years away from being that age myself? Sonic Youth haven't been in their 20s for quite a while now. They aren't elderly, but they aren't young either, and in no time they'll be senior citizens. That doesn't change the fact that every time I made a joke about their "old age," I was doing just that--making a joke. I couldn't possibly care less how old they are. It means absolutely nothing to me. I listen to their records--I don't stare at photographs of them all day long, taking care to note the obvious progression of age.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 11:10 PM   #51
SugarLips
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Thanks man! I missed it the other night. Watching this though makes me even more excited for the secret LA show (July 8) and the Jimmy Kimmel performance (July 11). I can't wait to get my live sonic fix again.

Thank you Jef Mertens for posting the link...

Kegmama...I would love to be at the secret show you're hitting two shows in a roll.. pictures pictures pictures please !!!!

I'm going to Dallas this weekend to visit my family GP and I are going to see them at Gypsy Tea Room..which I'm going to try to video if possible.. take care and Have fun !!! cj
Old 06.23.2006, 09:07 AM   #52
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
WOOHOO!! I missed this the other night. Thanks for posting the link!
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 09:22 AM   #53
stvpttrsn
empty page

stvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant future
...yes...forgot to stay awake the other nite...thanks for the link...I am forwarding to everyone...
stvpttrsn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth