Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page We're all gonna get ripped off for the CBGB's show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2006, 01:53 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
It's gonna happen. Just like it always does. The little 30 year old dickless internet hounds are gonna sit in their momma's basement and use their cocksucker computer programs to grab all the tickets within 10 seconds from when they go onsale. I fucking hate online ticketing so much

On that happy note, does anyone know the date the tickets go onsale, and what online ticketing site will be selling them?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 02:31 PM   #2
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
ticketweb, friday at 10
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 03:15 PM   #3
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
i'm 26 and i have a dick. balls too. i'll be at work and using the computer. i am not aware of any programs to cheat with.
Old 05.02.2006, 04:27 PM   #4
SYphilis
empty page

SYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud of
How quickly will SY sell out at CBGBs?
SYphilis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 04:30 PM   #5
ondal
empty page

ondal has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
well, CBGB's has a very strict anti-scalping policy. you'll probably only be able to buy 2 tickets and you have to be the person on the tickets...

http://www.cbgb.com/ticketweb.htm
ondal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 04:59 PM   #6
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
how many people can fit into cbgbs? i always wondered about that. heard that club is really small.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 06:50 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Unless they really have the the anti-scalping policy. I predict they will sell out in 1 minute flat. The fastest I've seen is 10 seconds
Old 05.02.2006, 09:54 PM   #8
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I just checked out ticketweb.com and you can buy as many tickets as you want at a time, which I would say means they don't have an anti-scalping policy. And they are a branch of Ticketmaster.com which is more bad news. Wish I could be optimistic about it, I can't wait to see SY Live but I'm taking 2 friends and I really hope I can get the damn tickets without any BS
Old 05.02.2006, 09:56 PM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. I am hoping to get Radiohead tickets. I bet they sell out in minutes.
Old 05.03.2006, 09:59 AM   #10
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Is CBGB's really moving to Las Vegas? I heard a rumor of this and if it's true, I will be sorely disappointed. That's the lamest thing that could ever happen. I'd rather see the club go out of business than see it Las Vegas. Then again maybe someone will start a Hunter S. Thompson-themed rock group and become the house band for the club. If no one else does, I will.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 12:17 PM   #11
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
good point - online buying of tickets

is CBGB´s still open? i was wondering when i saw sy tour update, because i´ve read last summer, that it´s going to be closed or something.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 01:19 PM   #12
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I just checked out ticketweb.com and you can buy as many tickets as you want at a time, which I would say means they don't have an anti-scalping policy.

to qoute the cbgb's web page.

Over the next month, CBGB is holding a series of high profile benefit shows. We have been selling a limited number of advance tickets for these shows through TICKETWEB.com and are also holding tickets for sale at the door on the day of each show.
For those of you buying tickets from friends, scalpers, eBay, or anywhere else, there are 2 important pieces of information you need to know.
1. If it is not your name on the ticket purchase, you will not get in.
TICKETWEB.com does not sell physical tickets. They hold spots on a paid list under the name on the credit card used to purchase them. As you enter the club on the day of the show, the purchaser MUST show the physical credit card (not a copy) used to purchase the ticket. This is TICKETWEB's policy and they insist that it be enforced. If you bought a ticket from a scalper, unless that scalper is nice enough to loan you their actual credit card and ID, you will not be able to use those tickets to get in. Period.
CBGB will not allow name substitutions on the TICKETWEB.com list for any reason.
2. The paragraph below is taken from the automatic purchase confirmation email sent out by TICKETWEB.com to all people that buy their tickets. So buyers and sellers of scalped tickets can't say they didn't know.
FOR ALL WILL-CALL ( HOLD AT VENUE BOX OFFICE ) TICKETS:
You must present the original credit card used to make this
purchase at the venue's box-office or point of entry up to
one hour prior to the event or after the doors open (unless
otherwise noted) in order to pick up your ticket(s).

on an additional note the email i got from the sy mailing list said "Ticket on sale information will be on sonicyouth.com May 3 in the PM." so perhaps pre order info will be available soon (like tonight) on the sy web page...

harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 02:27 PM   #13
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Yeah. I am hoping to get Radiohead tickets. I bet they sell out in minutes.

best of luck to you Hayden, i woke the morning of Radiohead tickets and went about my jolly way down to the ticket shop
They went on sale at 8, i was there at half....not a fuckin chance, and this is for a big fuck off outdoor gig in Ireland.
i was well pissed off, rang in sick to work and went and get very drunk very early
Old 05.03.2006, 02:36 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i was well pissed off, rang in sick to work and went and get very drunk very early

That's the spirit.
Old 05.03.2006, 02:53 PM   #15
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

heh I should have said were all gonna get RATHER ripped off for the CBGB show.

Anyways, does anyone know if you have to be 18 to get into CBGB's?
Old 05.03.2006, 02:53 PM   #16
funhouse
little trouble girl

funhouse ain't too shabbyfunhouse ain't too shabby
hey

yeah i walked by cbgbs today and asked them if they were selling tickets there, and sadly they said no. its all on ticketweb and the guy at the door said they would sell out really quickly. this really sucks, i havent seen sy yet, and somehow ill get these tickets.
funhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 03:55 PM   #17
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I was talking about the Chicago show. They did have a presale. I am going to stay home from work and purchase them online right at 10 and hope there is some left.
Old 05.03.2006, 07:26 PM   #18
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

unfortunately now that I started this thread, they're probably gonna sell out even quicker. I couldn't help it. I'm so......... fucking.......... tired of getting ripped off for tickets. I can't stress enough how tired I am of it. Going to to see my favorite bands play live is always the highlight of my year, and ticketing never used to be like this till about 6 or 7 years ago. It's got SOOO bad
Old 05.03.2006, 11:23 PM   #19
SYphilis
empty page

SYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud ofSYphilis has much to be proud of
Well, as much as I love the Youth, and love their decision to support CBGBs, part of it is the fact that they have chosen to play a club which holds 300 people in the largest city in the country, where as Lawrence Kansas gets 1,050 tickets. I just wish they'd add a second NY show the night before at a much larger venue for the rest of us who have absolutely no chance of getting tickets.
SYphilis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2006, 06:10 AM   #20
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
WA WA WA. Well it's not like they aren't going to play NYC again this year. Having lived in a shit town (sorry Lawrence) that rarely had bands play in it i think it's good they are playing a few out of the way places. Those of us in NYC will have plenty of chances to see them i'm sure.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth