Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page This is why Kids Will Become Idiots.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.09.2008, 05:20 AM   #21
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
There's not much of a trend towards home-schooling in the UK (that I've encountered) but the comprehensive sector is fucking dire. People like myself, who arrogantly consider themselves intelligent, are let down by teachers who just want an easy life. I was lucky to pass all of my exams without any effort, and get high grades. If I was in another educational sector I'd've A-starred everything. People who aren't so sharp just fall off the edges of education in the comprehensive sector. There was a kid I'd sit with in geography who wasn't diagnosed dyslexic until he was 16 (i.e., far too late). He was a clever chap, and with a bit of support could've done better, but no-one ever thought to ask why he was able to talk about things but not write.

The thing that makes me most angry is one of my best mates came here with English as a second language - in fact, at the age of 11 she could barely speak it at all. She's also one of the most cuttingly witty and astonishingly perceptive people you'll ever meet, and she didn't get a single GCSE from the comprehensive sector because no-one ever thought to give her extra language support or anything. It annoys me because she thinks she's thick, because her teachers always made her feel thick.

Wow. That was a rambling monologue, well done me.

that's a major shame, education system in the UK has let a lot of people down and will continue doing so. Schools are too big, lots of lazy teachers with sloppy teaching routines, pointless so-called career advice.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 05:33 AM   #22
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Forcing parents to get teaching qualifications to home-school their kids isn't taking away their rights - it's making sure kids get a better education.
Anyway, I go to a public school, and there are lots of intelligent students there getting a good education.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 06:53 AM   #23
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
People don't realise who they are until they are well into their twenties. I say let the kids play for 2 decades, then educate them when they're bored of freedom. We might actually have a chance of them knowing what they want and working towards it then. Plus, playing is much more fun than maths.
Old 03.09.2008, 10:07 AM   #24
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, I think homeschooling depends on the kid.

A smart kid can benefit highly from that kind of enviroment.

A stupid kid will still be a stupid kid no matter what their enviroment.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 10:29 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Kids Will Become?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 11:20 AM   #26
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
What about all the evangelical christian morons?

This is exactly what I was going to touch base on. Appx 75% of home schooled kids are because their parents are deeply in love with the practice of evangelism. Have any of you seen Jesus Camp? It can lead to kids having a very distorted perspective of reality as well as be very socially awkward becuase of less exposure to the world. Humans are social creatures. We need to interact to know how to live. Sure a lot of homeschooled kids are alright, but there are so many that end up socially awkward.

Do you remember Terry at our school? He was homeschooled and everyone immaturely picked on him for being socially awkward and for not performing a daily cleaning ritual. He's been in college for 7 years. Seven Years.
Old 03.09.2008, 11:30 AM   #27
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
don't worry. the government will teach you all you need to know....
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 11:32 AM   #28
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious is sex
People don't realise who they are until they are well into their twenties. I say let the kids play for 2 decades, then educate them when they're bored of freedom. We might actually have a chance of them knowing what they want and working towards it then. Plus, playing is much more fun than maths.
No, no, no. Developmentally, that is stupid. Kids learn while they are kids because that is when the brain needs to.
Old 03.09.2008, 11:41 AM   #29
sarramkrop

There is always a lot of emphasis put on how the kids are this and that, surely the adults around them are the ones to blame for some of them turning out that way? It is the only logical explanation to certain social behaviours.

DA TALIBAN GONE SHANK HAPPY,IF U HAV A WAR WIT ME I CATCH U WEN UR NOT EXPECTIN IT....HOLD TYT ME BEST FRIEND L DOT INNA says:
kl

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 12:26 PM   #30
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
No, no, no. Developmentally, that is stupid. Kids learn while they are kids because that is when the brain needs to.

Excellent, thanks very much for taking my post seriously and, thus, making yourself look an idiot. Evidently your brain did not learn enough while it needed to.
Old 03.09.2008, 03:08 PM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious is sex
Excellent, thanks very much for taking my post seriously and, thus, making yourself look an idiot. Evidently your brain did not learn enough while it needed to.

damn, you're such a master of irony, i thought your post was serious too.

well it's because it sort of echoes an argument about college (university for your eeeenglish) for 18 year olds-- that being similar to the thing you said about "the first 2 decades of life". it actually makes lots of sense in that case.

keep in mind, one can take a preposterous argument seriously simply by assuming the other person is an idiot. so maybe that's just what alex assumed. this being the internet, that would not be such a bad guess.

now, i didn't think you were an idiot, just drunk or something. but ha ha yeah i missed your irony too. not "sarcasm". lots of people say "sarcasm" when they mean "irony". it's related, but not the same. anyway. i am just mumbling at this point. blah blah etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth