Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Korn Unplugged - I'm guessing this is supossed to be taboo....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.09.2007, 12:51 PM   #41
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedius
Do you mean to say that my statement is ignorant, or that the only way to get away from shit music and shallow culture is to live in cave? Because I think the latter might be true.

Music is as much of a product as a toothbrush, like it or not.The very moment you make a money transaction in order to get it, you are doing exactly what everyone else is doing apart from thieves , and this regardless of the way it is packaged,played,the feelings behind it etc.Also, the package of a product doesn't ultimately give or take the inherent quality of something, didn't your parents tell you?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 12:51 PM   #42
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
before i was born? not hardley.

im 23. did i ee nirvana live?now...i was what...maybe 12 when the dude offed 'emself?

but for the record, i was a 12 year old that had just moved in my mom, dealing with the fucking fear of possibly going back to an abusive dad i was scared to testify against in court (hed literally beat the fucking living shit out of me a few years earlier for saying i wanted to live with my mom...i was in fifth grade. was forced to tell schoolmates my bruises came from getting into a fight with my brother...which..wasnt a complete lie as hed force us to strip naked and beat eachother with belts for his personal enjoyment)..yeah...i felt like kurt said somethings i could relate to, and whish i coulda said myself.

fuck you. yeaaaaaahh...mmm...suck my asshole...yesss...you know how much i love that shit.

is this just desperate cry for sympathy now that he's getting called on his comments ?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 12:52 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

im 23. did i ee nirvana live?now...i was what...maybe 12 when the dude offed 'emself?

but for the record, i was a 12 year old that had just moved in my mom, dealing with the fucking fear of possibly going back to an abusive dad i was scared to testify against in court (hed literally beat the fucking living shit out of me a few years earlier for saying i wanted to live with my mom...i was in fifth grade. was forced to tell schoolmates my bruises came from getting into a fight with my brother...which..wasnt a complete lie as hed force us to strip naked and beat eachother with belts for his personal enjoyment)..yeah...i felt like kurt said somethings i could relate to, and whish i coulda said myself.

fuck you. yeaaaaaahh...mmm...suck my asshole...yesss...you know how much i love that shit.

mang, that you had a rough childhood does not give you a license to dish out the shit to others in turn

in fact you are at risk of becoming exactly like that abusive dad you so hate.

you know this, right?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 12:52 PM   #44
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and you..screaming skull...can eat my as as well. hope ya have fun...and yes, yr welcome to help yrself to seconds.

thanks but no thanks, maybe you should check out one of the many Nirvana forums????
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 12:54 PM   #45
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh...ive heard that shit. i got a roomate that used to be a big korn fan, watched that shit with em. yeah, it was better than what i expected, but the shit still sucked.

oh well.

dont you have a new copy of spin magazine to read or something?

"it was better than what i expected"
see?
same here.
that was what the whole thing was all about.
it didn't bore me at all. and i wasn't paying much attention at what the lyrics said or anything like that. i thought i was going to change the channel during the second or third song but it actually worked out for me and kept on listening.
i am not really fond of watching tv or dvd's
contrelefuckingsexisme is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 12:57 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ive never hit anyone less they hit me first, and in most cases i got my ass beat pretty bad.

my words are my weopens and ill use them as i see fit.

you seem like quite an angry little hothead, ready to get verbally violent at the slightest provocation.

perhaps you don't know this, but abusive behavior is learned. i am sure your dad could tell you quite a sob story about his own childhood. yet that does not constitute an excuse.

you've never hit anyone... YET.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:00 PM   #47
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Music is as much of a product as a toothbrush, like it or not.The very moment you make a money transaction in order to get it, you are doing exactly what everyone else is doing apart from thieves , and this regardless of the way it is packaged,played,the feelings behind it etc.Also, the package of a product doesn't ultimately give or take the inherent quality of something, didn't your parents tell you?

Music is a form of art, and that's why I don't consider Justin Timberlake music. I can hear the intentions behind music, so when I buy a sonic youth record it is because they put all of their creative effort into it to make something they were proud of. And I can hear that. It inspires me. I buy that, yes, so yeah that is a product I buy. And that's an entirely different product than a Justin Timberlake cd.

Justin Timberlake is a different product. Justin Timberlake is like a good feeling program that you run on your CD player if you "like to dance" or hear a cute boy sing or something. It's shallow, and it's pop. There is nowhere to go from the surface. I know some people like that, but that's not a product I like to buy. And yeah, I resent it because I think that it's overshadowed music.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:01 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i dont have the fuckin composure to seraouly hurt anyone.

im 5'9 and weigh like 120 lbs.

i get angry..and i dissipear.

thanks for knowing everything about me. youve been most helpful.

1) you could hurt someone who is 5' and weighs 100lbs. or someone who is 4 years old.

2) you don't need to actually lay a finger on someone to destroy a person. emotional and verbal abuse suffice for that.

3) you need to read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Angry-All-Time.../dp/1879237970

and you're welcome
Old 03.09.2007, 01:03 PM   #49
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

well, see. that's the sentimentalism i was talking about. you relate to kurt's lyrics and that is something great, but why do you feel you have the need to start insulting just because someone thinks that something another band did sounds better or was more unexpected than something coming from kurt's band?
nirvana is not my favourite band and i don't believe they are the best thing i've ever heard. some people might say that it is, but that's their opinion and i am ok with them. i've heard people saying bands such as placebo and green day are the best bands in the world. so i am ready for every kind of thing like that.
outside the fucking unplugged event it's obvious i like nirvana better. i am not saying nirvana sucks, i just tried to say their unplugged was completely normal, special guests, whatever.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:04 PM   #50
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

Quote:
"better than expected" doesnt always mean "worth mentioning".

obviously ya liked it...thats cool...i dont...ya know...thats cool too.

remember when ya said "end of conversation"?

well...end it.

fucking rude asshole.
grow up.
get a job and stop blahbing around a fucking message board for a while.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:07 PM   #51
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

Quote:
i got off work at seven this morning....

good.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:07 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i wouldnt hit anyone...especailly my kids...and for the record, i have NO INTENTIONS on having any to begin with...and it sure as fuck aint outta fear of beating em.

i dont need to read that, i know myself pretty well.

look, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. your anger clearly owns your ass. i also added some things to my original post. and knowing that you are a hotheaded little shit is not enough, you're still on a kamikaze road to self destruction. now, i don't give a shit one way or another, but you have problems, and "knowing" is not enough, you have to man up and do something about it.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:13 PM   #53
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
The "Unplugged" idea can be great when done well. I've seen the Korn Unplugged and while they certainly made a valient effort and did a decent job with thier own songs, I thought thier "Creep" cover was weak. It was in no way better then Nirvana's Unplugged, and I'm not just saying that because Kurt is dead. Korn are an alright band, but the only album that I'm familar with is "Follow the Leader" by far probobly thier best album. None of their other albums have lived up to that one.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 01:13 PM   #54
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
i am just bitter that they ruined Creep
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 01:15 PM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
and yr on a kamikaze road to being a psycologist...the sort that ells people they got probs when they really dont so ya can earn a buck.

i know i got shit to deal with...but who the fuck doesnt.

whatever-- i figured i'd rather point out the obvious rather than perpetuate your habitual routine of hatred and self-hatred, and the drama that ensues as people retaliate your unfocused aggressions.

whenever you get a chance to cool down and think like a person again go check out that book, im sure you'll be able to benefit from it.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:17 PM   #56
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Music is a form of art, and that's why I don't consider Justin Timberlake music.

Wayne Coyne is pretty good friends with Timberlake and I never understood it. I would never buy one of his cd's because it just doesn't "do it" for me, but four words made me realize his potential genius.

Dick in a Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

I only saw some of the Korn show and it really was better than I was expecting. however, my main thought was how old Jonathan Davis was starting to look. at least he didn't go all jesus freak!!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 01:17 PM   #57
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
What? Korn still exists?

They have great word-of-mouth and at one time, got megadistribution.
Your basic old-school redneck, of course, affirmed Lynyrd Skynyrd as the end-all, be-all of groups. Thing is, Lynyrd Skynyrd are actually great musicians and write some good songs every now and then.

Your modern redneck, however, listens to all the modern garbage like nu-metal mtv/radio songs, the majority of new hip-hop, and so forth, but the band they seem to universally absolutely adore (& that can do no wrong) is Korn.

One thing we can learn from this thread is that South America also has rednecks.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 01:20 PM   #58
sarramkrop

Quote:
Music is a form of art, and that's why I don't consider Justin Timberlake music. I can hear the intentions behind music, so when I buy a sonic youth record it is because they put all of their creative effort into it to make something they were proud of. And I can hear that. It inspires me. I buy that, yes, so yeah that is a product I buy. And that's an entirely different product than a Justin Timberlake cd.

Justin Timberlake is a different product. Justin Timberlake is like a good feeling program that you run on your CD player if you "like to dance" or hear a cute boy sing or something. It's shallow, and it's pop. There is nowhere to go from the surface. I know some people like that, but that's not a product I like to buy. And yeah, I resent it because I think that it's overshadowed music.

To consider Justin Timberlake's music not to be an art form just because you don't like it is just a bit dumb, to say the least.So, you're basically saying that if someone doesn't appreciate what you appreciate, they don't have an idea of what art is or might be?I don't understand the point that you're making.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 01:21 PM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
why point out the obvious?

obvious, yes, but there's that trite expression of not seeing the forest for the trees that i think applies here. while everyone was entangled in an insultfest, i figured i'd add a little perspective to the discussion.
Old 03.09.2007, 01:23 PM   #60
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I would never buy one of his cd's because it just doesn't "do it" for me, but four words made me realize his potential genius.

Yeah, he was quite good on the Barry Gibb talk show too.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth