Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2013, 07:38 PM   #81
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
and holy shit that is Arthur Jones and not Ray Lewis and I am an idiot
Haha! I'm glad both that you even know who Arthur Jones is and further if that were Ray Lewis, shit, the brotha would have seriously had been letting himself go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
The Houston Texans are 0-3 (including playoffs) at the Baltimore Ravens.

Yeah, we're looking forward to making it 0-4, especially with all these haters thinking somehow we won't even make the play-offs, even though WE HAVE A BETTER ROSTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST! That's alright, being the least respected two-time Champions is fuel

Oh yeah, Cowboys better enjoy whooping all this ass tonight as they can, its just the pre-season

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2013, 08:52 AM   #82
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Baltimore lost a great one. Art Donovan has died.

http://www.chron.com/default/article...89-4706557.php
Old 08.05.2013, 08:52 AM   #83
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
If the Ravens were able to win a super bowl with Trent Dilfer, the Texans can win one with Matty Schaub.
Old 08.05.2013, 11:38 AM   #84
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ahh but Rob, you forget, that the 2000 Superbowl team was a Hall of Fame defense, in fact, one of the best defensive teams of all time! That allowed for Dilfer to pull it off. People actually tried to make the same insinuations about Joe Flacco's Superbowl, and yet, in actuality that Ravens team was one of the all-time WORST defensive teams. We gave up both the most running and net yards of any Superbowl winner ever! In fact, we gave up the most yards of any Superbowl winning team in EVERY play-off game we won

Old 08.05.2013, 11:50 AM   #85
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Texans D was top 3 last year, and Matty Schaub is a far better QB than Dilfer!

we get Brian Cushing back, JJ WATT at full speed, gonna kill opposing QB's!
Old 08.05.2013, 11:53 AM   #86
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The 85 Bears is the only D that should be higher than the 2000 ravens I think.

Playoffs

NFC Divisional - Bears 22 - Giants 0
NFC Championship - Bears 24 - LA Rams 0
Super Bowl - Bears 46 - NE Patriots 10

insane!
Old 08.05.2013, 11:53 AM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Texans D was top 3 last year, and Matty Schaub is a far better QB than Dilfer!

we get Brian Cushing back, JJ WATT at full speed, gonna kill opposing QB's!

You're talking season, I'm talking all-time. There is a difference. I like Schaub, I don't hate on Texans, but I don't think they will climb to the summit behind him unfortunately..

Isn't it crazy that the Ravens have two completely OPPOSITE all-time Superbowl records. They have the record in 2000 for least running and net yards allowed, and then this one in 2013 they set the record for most running and net yards allowed! That is pretty fucking crazy juxtaposition!

Oh yeah, speaking of all-time Defenses, don't forget the 1977 Atlanta Falcons, the stingiest team of the Superbowl era (of course they only went 7-7 because they couldn't seem to score averaging 12ppg)

Old 08.05.2013, 01:03 PM   #88
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Love Footballlll
Old 08.05.2013, 01:11 PM   #89
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Speaking of Texans

Quote:
A few minutes after practice ended, a mostly silent huddle of Texans defensive backs collected at one end of the practice field.

They made a half circle around two of the best defensive backs to play the game: Deion Sanders and Ed Reed. Some of the young Texans watched wide-eyed as the Sanders gave them advice.

Undrafted rookie A.J. Bouye, a standout player in camp so far, stepped forward.

"Let's say you go for a deep ball," Bouye said. "How do you play it?"

"That ball's meant for me," Sanders replied. "You're trying to break it up, I'm trying to get it, because it was really meant for me."

Neon Deion and Ed Reed are probably and quite literally my two all-tiime top favorite players!!

Old 08.05.2013, 02:04 PM   #90
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Neon Deion was a great pairing with insane Jerry Glanville back in the old Falcon days. (Glanville post- HOUSE OF PAIN Oilers)
Old 08.05.2013, 02:45 PM   #91
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

That Deion and Ed played together in Baltimore was like a Cinderella ending for him considering he had already picked up some trophies in Dallas. Leaving the Dirty Birds hurt a bit, but hey, it was an obvious career move.

Old 08.06.2013, 11:26 AM   #92
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

One of my favorite players on the O-Line ever, Jonathan Ogden, was listed in the pros at 6'9" tall and 345 lbs. Massive. a giant human being. Here is an image of him playing High School football. He is (opbviously) number 74. Ogden and Reed were my two favorite Ravens

Old 08.07.2013, 01:12 PM   #93
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

If anyone is interested in playing a Free Fantasy Football League, on Yahoo, send me a PM with an email I can send an invite to.

I run the league (Instigator Fantasy Football League) and it is in it's 12th year. Only people who wish to set their roster weekly need apply, as it sucks when coaches drop off 5 weeks in and leave their teams in disarray
Old 08.11.2013, 07:47 PM   #94
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
This time last year, Houston Texan fan couldn't run Jacoby Jones out of town fast enough......now he is a Super Bowl Champ and graces the cover of Sports Illustrated:

Quote:
5. The Ravens are still smarter than you

Baltimore won a Super Bowl and lost two Hall of Fame, franchise-icon defenders, and somehow they look better on that side of the ball. Daryl Smith, who has spent much of the past five years being one of the better linebackers in football before missing most of last season, looks like the next savvy Ozzie Newsome pickup after collecting five tackles last night. Chris Canty isn’t far down that list. He has played one sort-of game for the Ravens, and he has one sack. Matt Elam seems a proper Ed Reed replacement in plenty of ways, including his lack of desire to pay someone else to negotiate his contract.
When my Chicago Bears passed on Arthur Brown in this spring’s draft in favor of Jonathan Bostic, the worst possible scenario was for a team like the Ravens to end up with him. No one wants to see one of the smart teams take the player his team passed on, and again and again, the Ravens have proven to be one of those teams.
Grantland.com

Old 08.13.2013, 01:56 AM   #95
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
pats falcons 28 21 for super bowl
Old 08.13.2013, 08:10 PM   #96
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
Falcons-Pats 28 21 for super bowl

Fixed that for ya (I have a sick bromance with the Hotlanta Falcons)

Love me some football, here is a bad ass play I just saw on Grantland..

Old 08.14.2013, 03:09 PM   #97
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
hah. i have mad respect for andrew luck... this 2nd year qb class is just so sick. is that t.y. hilton? i can't really tell, but he went to my school so i'm glad to see him coming into his own.
Old 08.22.2013, 10:47 AM   #98
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

FANTASY FOOTBALL ANYONE?

I run a free league on Yahoo, and this is our 12th year. The Instigator fantasy Football League is a trash-talkin' football fanatic haven, and I would like to get at least one more coach who wishes to set their roster weekly and will not give up on it!

Live Online Draft on August 31st. You can log in and draft or let the computer draft your team! Head to head matchups weekly, and the top 4 teams enter the playoffs.

shoot me a PM with an email address where I can send you an invite! FOOTBALLL!
Old 08.23.2013, 02:15 PM   #99
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Look at JJ Watt scaring Joe Flacco
http://simmqb.files.wordpress.com/20...pg?w=800&h=533
Old 08.23.2013, 09:33 PM   #100
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

J.J. Watt is a scurry ass dude running up on you. However, Joe got that ring and MVP AND WE did it with Jacoby Jones, where's your Texans at playboy?

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth