Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Michael Gira fans: thoughts on the Larkin Grimm accusations?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.27.2016, 04:14 PM   #21
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
btw, im not coming out on one side of the other.

a system where male courts and judges and patriarchy in general can silence and dismiss women is not good. niether is the opposite.

noone is happy about being a mortal sexuated being and we never will be
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2016, 04:41 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Look, she can be a total bitch, have had a consenting sexual relationship and still also have been raped. Gira admitted to sex. If she is lying, keeping his dick in his pants would have solved the problem. However, if she is not? Hence why the accusations are fair. After all, consenting adults have sex everyday, are having consenting sex right now, without any such rape accusations. So that any accusations are made at all to a degree warrants fair suspicion. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't negate reasonable suspicion either.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2016, 04:59 PM   #23
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
they aint fair because they aint true. zero reason to believe her and she did not go to the authorities and get dna evidence at the time. she waits until now, when there's no way to definitively prove it, to make the accusations. she's a fucking LIAR.
Old 02.27.2016, 05:02 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
How do you know that? Why are their zero reasons to believe her exactly?

Again, people have sex everyday without being accused of rape, we then should take any accusations seriously until they are proven otherwise. Again innocent until proven guilty doesn't negate the reality of reasonable suspicion.

Old 02.27.2016, 05:03 PM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Woah. I didn't mean to align myself with what DB is saying. No offense, but I think you're being a little flippant and extreme about this. My first impulse was to share the article with some Swans fans, then I thought, "fuck this, no way this is true. I'd be messing things up for Gira by telling anyone else about this."

But then I thought that I almost had to bring it up somewhere. I really shouldn't be making any decisions or claims about innocence or truth. I shouldn't definitely not be pushing aside allegations of rape just because I happen to like the music that the accused person makes. That's why I posted it here. This board didn't talk about the Tracy Fuchs allegations... I wanted to bring it up but didn't, because it makes me uncomfortable as hell. I think we should probably be talking about this because it's out there now, for better or worse.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2016, 05:28 PM   #26
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
How do you know that? Why are their zero reasons to believe her exactly?

Again, people have sex everyday without being accused of rape, we then should take any accusations seriously until they are proven otherwise. Again innocent until proven guilty doesn't negate the reality of reasonable suspicion.

my reasons are already given.
Old 02.27.2016, 05:51 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
my reasons are already given.
Frankly those weren't very good at all.

Old 02.27.2016, 07:11 PM   #28
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

you have no reasons to believe her since there is absolutely no way to possibly prove she isn't lying unless gira admitted it.

and she has no means to prove her claim.

and if it really happened she could have but didn't.

so are we supposed to accept her claim and let gira endlessly defend himself? bankrupt himself in court
or just pay her to stop talking about it?

hardly fair. read his wifes posts though.

goodnight.
Old 02.27.2016, 07:37 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The wife has yet to put forward any of these proofs she mentioned aside from an emotionally driven red herring falacy that because her own experience with sexual assault was more violent in nature that somehow what might have happened in this instance was not rape.

Further all you have doneis attack the character of the accuser and taken sides with the accused based entirely on the accused own testimony. And by the way, notice how the accused already changed his story once.

The point remains valid, that there even is an accusation in the first place warrants the suspicion. The accused hasn't put anything more convincing than the accuser has so far which again makes this a fair question.

Old 02.27.2016, 07:41 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

If this comes down entirely to a judgment call, hey, call me old school but a sure sign of knowing that a sexual act wasn't mutually consenting is when one of the people accuses of rape. #JustSaying

Old 02.27.2016, 09:40 PM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I also think this "proof" Gira's wife is alluding to is strange. Yes, why mention that you have proof without saying what that proof is?

That's a technique US cops use to scare people into confessing to things they haven't done. If you've got proof of something, use it or don't talk about it.

Also, I'm sure I don't need to point out that there's no way to prove that something didn't happen. Even if the entire thing was on film, anf Grimm was saying, "please have sex with me right now," it wouldn't prove that Gira never raped Grimm. It wouldn't even prove that he didn't raper her that very night. "Rape" is a term that is in constant flux and evolution. In many cases, women who are legitimately raped don't realize that they've been raped until they've had time to process the event. Often victims struggle with the admission that something no right happened. Sometimes they give consent and later claim they gave it but didn't want to, which complicates things even more. The incident becomes "clearer" in the mind of the victim after time.

But therein lies part of the problem. Memory is malleable. Memory never gets better or more reliable as time passes. Throw in the fact that she was blind drunk and it get even stickier.

She mentions having had therapy in the months and years following the event. Well, as much respect as I have for the field of psychology as a scientific endeavor, the clinical branch of it is flawed beyond belief. This is a well established fact. Even the most ethical and professional therapist can alter their patients' thought and memories and beliefs, because no mater how well trained a clinician may be, s/he is still human, and still brings their biases into the session. Those biases are then projected onto the memory and perspective of the patient, and all objectivity is lost.

It's fucked up that this conversation has become so convoluted. It should be simple. In a perfect world, if a woman said she was raped, nobody would question her, because in a perfect world people would be sane, people would have picturesque memories, and nobody would lie. Actually in a perfect world rape wouldn't be a thing. But that's neither here not there.

It's not a perfect world though. I believe people should tread carefully around accusations of sexual assault and rape unless the incident can be verified, because it's just going to bring a lot of hate to the front door of both the accuser and the accused. This should be done in private. With lawyers present.

Facebook needs to go away forever. It's done nothing good for anyone but the folks who have the Social Network soundtrack. And Zuckerberg, I guess. Kill it. It needs to die.
Old 02.27.2016, 10:03 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

p.s. don't post yr shitty problems with someone on Facebook to start off with. slandering is just as bad as rape.
I know you didn't mean that exactly as you said it, or at least i hope you don't

Old 02.27.2016, 11:44 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Yeah, slander is not great by any means. But ... come on, now.
Old 02.28.2016, 01:27 AM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
posting yr loser complications on Facebook is a dead give away and giving away yr suck as business.

no one does that. she did accuse someone of rape.

I'm not sure if this was supposed to make me laugh, but it did.

Yr suck ass business. Ha!
Old 02.28.2016, 02:27 AM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I don't believe any or both of them!!!!

she's like a poison and drama. I agree with dead_battery.

rape is ugly but, I get a gist of female drama! I don't believe her. she's a crazy loser.
She can be a crazy loser and you can not believe her but she still could turn out to be right. Again the irony in this is folks here have attacked her and believed him for no reason other than just because. I will repeat it the last time, until truly proven otherwise the accusations are fair.

Old 02.28.2016, 06:21 AM   #36
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

anyone else picture gira with a top hat, monocle and cane saying "I'M GONNA MAKE YOU A STAR, BABY!" top kek someone should make that into a meme
Old 02.28.2016, 06:37 AM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I guess people don't want to feel obligated to chuck out all their Swans records.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2016, 06:58 AM   #38
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2016, 07:01 AM   #39
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Old 02.28.2016, 07:06 AM   #40
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth