Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.01.2018, 07:55 AM   #721
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Kanye was NOT talking about MAGA or Trump or his right wing idiot politics. he was strictly referring to being used as the fa e of the BLAXIT line of clothing, (calling for blacks to "exit" the democratic party.)

he is still sucking Trump's seeping asshole on the reg. he is still a fucking idiot asshole ingrate fuck.

A man can hope. Why you gotta play wipe-ass with my hopes?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2018, 05:04 PM   #722
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
The Black Eyed Peas[...]no one is gonna care about them in 2018

Haha, they played at the Australian football Grand Final (think the Super Bowl). Apparently will.i.am checked his phone in the middle of the performance
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2018, 07:16 AM   #723
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
New Vince Staples album called “FM!” dropped last night.

I’ve always really liked Vince, and on first listen this new hard-going, short and punchy EP-length album is no exception.

However — Howver , I say — every time Vince drops a new album I find myself expecting a tour de force on par with “Summertime ‘06,” which stretched the possibilities for a new hip-hop artist much like Kendrick’s “good kid, mAAd city” did. And every time, though I’m always happy with the result, I am a little disappointed that the sprawling, boundless, textured style of that first full-length album seems to behind him.

I like “Prima Donna,” and “Big Fish Theory” and this new one — all great projects — but, while these projects are fun and WAY above the standard quality level of hip-hop in the 2010s, the genius of “Summertime ‘06” has never been replicated.

I’ll be listening more for sure.
Old 11.02.2018, 07:17 AM   #724
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Haha, they played at the Australian football Grand Final (think the Super Bowl). Apparently will.i.am checked his phone in the middle of the performance

Tragic.. the new album is surprisingly dope.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2018, 09:22 AM   #725
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

I’ve always really liked Vince, and on first listen this new hard-going, short and punchy EP-length album is no exception.

However — Howver , I say — every time Vince drops a new album I find myself expecting a tour de force on par with “Summertime ‘06,” which stretched the possibilities for a new hip-hop artist much like Kendrick’s “good kid, mAAd city” did. And every time, though I’m always happy with the result, I am a little disappointed that the sprawling, boundless, textured style of that first full-length album seems to behind him.

I like “Prima Donna,” and “Big Fish Theory” and this new one — all great projects — but, while these projects are fun and WAY above the standard quality level of hip-hop in the 2010s, the genius of “Summertime ‘06” has never been replicated.

I’ll be listening more for sure.

It's incredible how diametrically different you and Rob are in what you want from rap music.
I'll admit I'm off the same feelings as you. His summertime album was something else for sure. I'll give his new one a whirl though.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2018, 09:42 AM   #726
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
disenfranchised Dirty South Third Coast, y'alll.

hhahahahahahah.

I like songs about drugs n shit.

When you grow up in the H listening to Geto Boys, Scarface, UGK, DJ Screw, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, etc., you grow to understand how pathetic so many pop rappers are.
Old 11.02.2018, 09:47 AM   #727
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I love Norf Norf tho....

LOVE IT.

Love that fucked up sound behind his voice.

I love rappers who do not double track their voices every single fucking line. I HATE THAT SHIT. I want to hear ONE voice.
Old 11.02.2018, 10:14 AM   #728
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Bitch you're thirsty go grab a sprite
Old 11.02.2018, 10:16 AM   #729
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I also love how at the end of Norf Norf he raps about how he wants the Astros to take an L.
Old 11.02.2018, 02:19 PM   #730
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I love Norf Norf tho....

LOVE IT.

Love that fucked up sound behind his voice.

I love rappers who do not double track their voices every single fucking line. I HATE THAT SHIT. I want to hear ONE voice.

Funnily enough, Thurston Moore double-tracked pretty much every vocal he laid down between 1985 and 1991, and he’s ¼ of the reason we know each other.
Old 11.02.2018, 02:21 PM   #731
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's incredible how diametrically different you and Rob are in what you want from rap music.
I'll admit I'm off the same feelings as you. His summertime album was something else for sure. I'll give his new one a whirl though.

Yeah fuck that guy.

“I like dumb slappy shit that slaps and is dumb by Migos cuz I’m from the south.”

Vomit.

I like expansive, thoughtful, resplendent and transcendent hip-hop that makes me forget I’m listening to a genre and feel like I’m *experiencing something special musically.*

(Pretty sure we agree about OutKast and to a lesser extent Big KRIT, though.)
Old 11.02.2018, 02:23 PM   #732
Severian
invito al cielo

Again, the trinity to which all modern rap music shall be compared is: Kanye/Kendrick/Frank Ocean. Leading auteur type; leading R-A-P type; leading artful pop/R&B/soul type, respectively.
Old 11.02.2018, 02:44 PM   #733
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Funnily enough, Thurston Moore double-tracked pretty much every vocal he laid down between 1985 and 1991, and he’s ¼ of the reason we know each other.

double tracked singing is fine. I hate double tracked rapping.
Old 11.02.2018, 02:44 PM   #734
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Migos is third rate BTW.

Future is GAWD
Old 11.02.2018, 02:46 PM   #735
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"I ain't got no manners for dem sluts / I'ma put my thumb in her butt."

hahahahahhaaha

Long lineage of hilarity, from Slick Rick, to 2$hort, to 2LiveCrew, all the way to Future Hendrix.....
Old 11.02.2018, 03:37 PM   #736
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Kanye thinks getting stripper asshole bleach on his shirt is funny, which it is NOT, because what type of stripper does not wipe their asshole bleach off before going to work? Kanye is so stupid. SO STUPID.
Old 11.02.2018, 04:23 PM   #737
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kanye thinks getting stripper asshole bleach on his shirt is funny, which it is NOT, because what type of stripper does not wipe their asshole bleach off before going to work? Kanye is so stupid. SO STUPID.

Sounded dumb to me at first, but took on new meaning when I saw it CHANTED by thousands of people. Now it would be weird if the lyrics were anything else.

I mean, it’s still dumb, but that song bangs and those words are so audacious that it just works! That song — like all of Kanye’s music — has built a little home for itself inside of my soul. Like a tapeworm.

Kanye may be a dumbass, but his music works even when it shouldn’t. His music eats your music.

In fact, “Codeine Crazy” is just a prolonged reaction to something Kanye ate and digested 10 years ago, shat out through Future’s mouth.

Old 11.02.2018, 11:42 PM   #738
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That cover looks very familiar...
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2018, 08:24 AM   #739
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
That cover looks very familiar...

Know what? I thought it looked familiar too, but this never crossed my mind.
Old 11.03.2018, 08:28 AM   #740
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Know what? I thought it looked familiar too, but this never crossed my mind.

It's intentional. Peep and compare the gods in the upper right corner.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
343536 37 383940 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth