Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page last songs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2010, 01:47 AM   #1
adjectives-ex
bad moon rising

adjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's asses
i have noticed that a lot of the recent SY albums have finished with a sweet slow song, sung by Kim. and a few of the not-so-recent ones, too. i'm thinking of "i love you golden blue", "sympathy for the strawberry," and "massage the history" in particular.

what if they did a whole album of this stuff?
maybe under a different name or side project...

even as far back as EJTNS, the slow-Kim-sung-songs have been outrageous. and maybe even further back, i don't know.

i would buy it, that's all i'm saying.

what do you think?
more sweet Kim-voice over great guitars and brilliant drums coordinated with bass?
sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

s.
adjectives-ex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2010, 02:00 AM   #2
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds like boring to me if whole album was filled with those songs. I like those songs, but I like other stuff too. It's nice that there's different elements on every album.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Leetdude
little trouble girl

Leetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's asses
Creme-Brulee, too. I always appreciate that side of Kim.
Leetdude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2010, 02:43 PM   #4
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i like that the yoof are fans of the good ol' solid closer.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 12:12 AM   #5
adjectives-ex
bad moon rising

adjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's assesadjectives-ex kicks all y'all's asses
yeah solid closer. and creme brulee, too. i often find myself playing some sort of take on that song when i practice.

i'm not saying that they should do a whole SY album of just those types of songs...
maybe they could. but what i'm trying to say is that there seems to be a lot of material to mine here. dig into it and see what else they can do with it. it's not just Kim's voice, either. Snare Girl is a good example of it. I would probably be bored with it, if it were a mix tape of only the final song off these albums. At the same time, I think that if they set out to just play songs like this and see what else it inspired, recorded that inspired material, it would be grand.

maybe i should just listen to the songs and see what it inspires in myself.

s.
adjectives-ex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth