Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New SY Tribute/Looking For Your Contributions!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2006, 04:53 PM   #81
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Thanks for all your hard work Soundtrax. I say this on behalf of all of us, we really appreciate what you're doing.
thanks, it means a lot to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikold
we could just put the album online on archive.org or something since it's an online fan comp... i think the last one was online, i remember downloading the salamander track...
well, sure, thats one option. or we can ask thurston to release it ecstatic peace or shelley to release it on smells like records it would be weird or... there might be other ways to release the CD for real... if this shit fails, we will put it online on soulseek, archive.org, or any other site, as many as possible

-------
+ official list of people that so far applied for a contribution. i will post it on every page, so that you can always have a nice overview of it

Here is the list of songs already done, in progress, or announced. You also can see the sound quality with already done tracks. If sound quality is 4 or 5 stars, there is no need for another version of that song, if it's 1, 2 or 3, you can make your own version of the song, but you should keep in mind that i don't really mind puting 2 different versions of the same song onto the compilation. If the song quality is 1,2 or 3 stars, it doesnt mean i neccessarily won't put it onto a compilation or anything,... I've even been thinking that since i will not want to dissapoint anyone of you, that i sould release all the songs in the end of July/begining of August on volume 1., volume 2, volume 3 cds, and so on... just don't know yet... but if i will be cold hearted at the time of release, i might just do the selection of the best. Don't know, we will see, i will also make some polls here on how the stuff should be released and which cover art is better and such, so the process is more democratic, cuz i dont want to autocraticly decide everything here... Okay, the list goes like this:

automatik - Nevermind (What Was It Anyway) / in progress i guess
hey alex - Halloween / done / quality: not really sure, i will see when i put master tracks together, but i guess somewhere like ** or ***
Everyneurotic - Kill Yr Idols / done / quality: not sure, will see when i recieve unclipped version, but i guess *** stars
finding nobody - Candle (acoustic guitar solo) / done / sound quality: ** / song quality: vocals totaly out of tune
finding nobody - Inhuman / done / quality: *
marleypumpkin - I Dreamed I Dream / done / quality: ** and a half star
sonikold - I Love Her All The Time / done / quality: ****
Everyneurotic & TheDom: Silver Rocket / announced
Everyneurotic & SKcD: Chapel hill / announced
Everyneurotic & HaydenAche: Inhuman Or Shaking Hell / announced
Massenvernichtungswaffen - Becuz (Acoustic solo) / anounced
schizophrenicroom - Protect Me You / announced
schizophrenicroom - Early American / announced
Neongod - Rain On Tin / announced
Soundtrax - Bull In The Heather / in progress
Soundtrax - I Love You Golden Blue / in progress
Shaking Hell - Mildred Pierce / done / quality: *****
Shaking Hell - Death Valley / in progress
VelcroBananapiels - Self Obsessed And Sexee / announced and might be in progress i guess
Hellotwentyfifteen - Washing Machine / announced and might be in progress i guess
guitarpro - psychic hearts (the song as far as i can understand or you meant something out of that album?) / announced
marleypumpkin & The Dom & schizophrenicroom - Schizophrenia / in progress
TheDom & unknown dude - The Diamond Sea / in progress
Alex's Trip - Eric's Trip (Acoustic Solo) / announced

if you dont find youself on the list or find any mistakes, just tell so i can correct them
Old 04.11.2006, 04:55 PM   #82
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
or we can ask thurston to release it ecstatic peace or shelley to release it on smells like records

yeah, that would be cool too.... actually, really cool...

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:26 PM   #83
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
it;s cool to see this shaping up. I'm upping some retransferred tracks that are clip free along with my mix of the song. WHich is done in mono becuz my transfer cable is bunky. It's a simple guideline, but work yr magic on it.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:02 PM   #84
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
soundtrax, did finding nobody send you the mp3 we did of Starpower?

you can take "early american" off there. put burning spear in its place.
Old 04.11.2006, 07:07 PM   #85
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
soundtrax, did finding nobody send you the mp3 we did of Starpower?

yeah, its awful haha, sorry, i am getting crazy right now guess why no, dont guess
Old 04.11.2006, 07:16 PM   #86
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
lol. no prob.
Old 04.11.2006, 09:39 PM   #87
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
schizo:

I heard you are going to do the vocals for the "Schizophrenia" cover that me & TheDom are doing. I have no doubt you'll do a great job.

Soundtrax:

Please correct the confirmed list to include schizo in the "Schizophrenia" cover that TheDom & I are working on. Thanks
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 10:31 PM   #88
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Oh, & Soundtrax, TheDom is collaborating w/ someone else on "The Diamond Sea". Just making sure you get all the info correct. Thanks again.
-George Carlin
Old 04.11.2006, 11:07 PM   #89
Shaking Hell
empty page

Shaking Hell has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
if you dont find youself on the list or find any mistakes, just tell so i can correct them
Please add my "Death Valley '69" to the list - thanks.
Shaking Hell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:12 PM   #90
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I am planning on doing an acoustic solo version of Erics Trip, but I don't have a mic to sing, not that I can sing anyway, would anyone like to do some vocals for that. I can send you the recorded guitar when it is done, if ever.

Don't get yr hopes up, I may not do it.
Old 04.12.2006, 07:39 AM   #91
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Soundtrax:

No, it was TheDom who is collaborating w/ the unkown dude.
& schizophrenicroom will be doing the vocals for "Schizophrenia".
Thanks again
-George Carlin
Old 04.12.2006, 08:03 AM   #92
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

fuck, i messed up everything, now i dont get anything, i hope now i got it right
Old 04.12.2006, 08:07 AM   #93
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, everything's correcto-mundo. Sorry for hasseling ya'.
-George Carlin
Old 04.12.2006, 10:24 AM   #94
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

NEWS:
1. The Sonic Youth Tribute Album has a new e-mail: sonic.tribute@gmail.com

2. I posted a separate thread where i am looking for your art to contribute for a CD cover art. Its HERE (click)

Post your art and recordings to the new sonic.tribute@gmail.com mail or upload it somewhere else and pm or mail me a link.
Old 04.14.2006, 09:56 PM   #95
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Bump. Don't forget about this, peeps.
Old 04.15.2006, 04:20 PM   #96
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
hey there, i am sorry about the late reply, my own band (www.myspace.com/recsoftheflesh) is actually working on a cover. we're considering SUNDAY or SCREAMING SKULL or something else - we'll see. Also I'll see if I can track down CHOUT cuz he was down for this too.

are we still on time?
thank you!
Old 04.15.2006, 07:10 PM   #97
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'll do a cover of "Silver Rocket" I guess, but if the other dude's version turns out to be better I'll do "Scooter and Jinx" (in all seriousness).
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 08:47 PM   #98
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
i geuss i dont make the cut ?
im thnk soundtrak is do in this .. if so or not contact me im gonna try and do a version of "here" from lee's solo cd amarillo ramp...
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 12:08 AM   #99
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
when is this due?
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 03:15 AM   #100
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi
when is this due?
you mean when is it going to be released? late june, july or early august

Quote:
Originally Posted by createsounds
i geuss i dont make the cut ? im thnk soundtrak is do in this .. if so or not contact me im gonna try and do a version of "here" from lee's solo cd amarillo ramp...
i dont get much of what you're trying to say here i guess 'here' is okay song, but i have it on another computer, so i will let you know if it is enough song oriented later when i can take another listen to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I'll do a cover of "Silver Rocket" I guess, but if the other dude's version turns out to be better I'll do "Scooter and Jinx" (in all seriousness)
i would prefer silver rocket dude, its more song oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
are we still on time? thank you!
yes, sure

CURRENT NEWS:

1. The Sonic Youth Tribute Album has a new e-mail: sonic.tribute@gmail.com

. I posted a separate thread where i am looking for your art to contribute for a CD cover art. Its HERE (click)

Post your art and recordings to the new sonic.tribute@gmail.com mail or upload it somewhere else and pm or mail me a link.

CURRENT STATUS:
Here is the list of songs already done, in progress, or announced. You also can see the sound quality with already done tracks. If sound quality is 4 or 5 stars, there is no need for another version of that song, if it's 1, 2 or 3, you can make your own version of the song, but you should keep in mind that i don't really mind puting 2 different versions of the same song onto the compilation. If the song quality is 1,2 or 3 stars, it doesnt mean i neccessarily won't put it onto a compilation or anything,... I've even been thinking that since i will not want to dissapoint anyone of you, that i sould release all the songs in the end of July/begining of August on volume 1., volume 2, volume 3 cds, and so on... just don't know yet... but if i will be cold hearted at the time of release, i might just do the selection of the best. Don't know, we will see, i will also make some polls here on how the stuff should be released and which cover art is better and such, so the process is more democratic, cuz i dont want to autocraticly decide everything here... Okay, the list goes like this:

automatik - Nevermind (What Was It Anyway) / in progress i guess

hey alex - Halloween / done / quality: not really sure, i will see when i put master tracks together, but i guess somewhere like ** or ***
Everyneurotic - Kill Yr Idols / done / quality: ***
finding nobody - Candle (acoustic guitar solo) / done / sound quality: ** / song quality: vocals totaly out of tune
finding nobody - Inhuman / done / quality: *
marleypumpkin - I Dreamed I Dream / done / quality: ** and a half star
sonikold - I Love Her All The Time / done / quality: ****
Everyneurotic & TheDom: Silver Rocket / announced
Everyneurotic & SKcD: Chapel hill / announced
Everyneurotic & HaydenAche: Inhuman Or Shaking Hell / announced
Massenvernichtungswaffen - Becuz (Acoustic solo) / anounced
schizophrenicroom - Protect Me You / announced
schizophrenicroom - Early American / announced
Neongod - Rain On Tin / announced
Soundtrax - Bull In The Heather / in progress
Soundtrax - I Love You Golden Blue / in progress
Shaking Hell - Mildred Pierce / done / quality: *****
Shaking Hell - Death Valley / in progress
VelcroBananapiels - Self Obsessed And Sexee / announced and might be in progress i guess
Hellotwentyfifteen - Washing Machine / announced and might be in progress i guess
guitarpro - psychic hearts (the song as far as i can understand or you meant something out of that album?) / announced
marleypumpkin & The Dom & schizophrenicroom - Schizophrenia / in progress
Alex's Trip - Eric's Trip (Acoustic Solo) / announced
max - Sunday / announced
max - Screaming Skull / announced
Danny Himself - Silver Rocked / announced
Danny Himself - Scooter & Jinx / announced
createsounds - here / announced
marleypumpkin - Ono Soul / announced
schizophrenicroom, finding nobody - Starpower / done / quality: *
sonikold & unknown guy - dripping dream / in progress

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth