Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New SY Tribute/Looking For Your Contributions!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2006, 02:48 AM   #61
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
Soundtrax, how many contributions have you gotten so far?

so far, 5 different people sent me their covers... keep sending them, 5 sounds like a lot, but its not (we arent at the middle of the process yet, i will try to collect more songs than 1 album, so i can make a selection, or we can make a double album, we'll see... i think the compilation won't be out at least until july, in case somebody will cover a Rather Ripped song... the compilation must be up to date you know

oh yeah, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SENDING ME RECORDINGS WITH SO MUCH CLIPPING? before you send me your tracks make sure the volume doesn't go over the range, so that clipping does not occur.. clipping results in unneccesary distortion to your song and might even damage some speakers. thanks
Old 04.10.2006, 12:40 PM   #62
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
umm, how do i get my song in 192? i've looked all over garageband and itunes trying to find some way to do it.

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 12:45 PM   #63
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
it depends, there are millions of ways to do it... first of all you have to have original wav file... converting 128 mp3 to 192 mp3 doesnt make it a better quality, so it doesnt make any sense... but if you have the original wav file it makes a lot of sense, there are millions of ways to do it, depends on which program you use... probably in properties or settings box, i dont know, which program do you use?
Old 04.10.2006, 12:48 PM   #64
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
so far, 5 different people sent me their covers

What tracks do you have so far?
Old 04.10.2006, 04:07 PM   #65
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
i'm using garageband (since it's free and doesn't crash), i have the original tracks fixed so they don't cut. (i've been doing drone noise stuff the past couple weeks which has been all about peaking, so i was kind of used to it when i made the track)

Old 04.10.2006, 06:18 PM   #66
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
What tracks do you have so far?

halloween
kill yr idols
candle/inhuman
i dreamed i dream
i love her all the time

non of those songs i recieved is perfect quality, but i am trying to do my best. the better the quality, the better the chance of me putting the song on the compilation. Bad quality is not really my fault, but if i recieve like 40 songs, i will probably have to make a selection of the best quality recordings, or make a double album. in any case, the compilation won't be out untill july

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikold
i'm using garageband (since it's free and doesn't crash), i have the original tracks fixed so they don't cut. (i've been doing drone noise stuff the past couple weeks which has been all about peaking, so i was kind of used to it when i made the track)

well, i am not familiar with this program, but i guess there must be an option to convert to 192. otherwise try using dBpowerAMP Music Converter. will you be able to send separate tracks? make sure they dont have volume clipping .thanks
Old 04.10.2006, 07:11 PM   #67
sonikold
children of satan

all the clipping's fixed. it doesn't have any options for encoding, though on their website it claims there is. i'll try to find a program for my mac...

Old 04.10.2006, 07:29 PM   #68
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Okay, I'm going to do Expressway and/or Rain On Tin. One guitar (arrangend from two) and maybe a drum beat (they'll be seperate tracks, don't worry). I'll give you artistic freedom from there.
Old 04.10.2006, 07:31 PM   #69
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone PM'd you saying they'd do Protect Me You or Early American, Soundtrax?
Old 04.10.2006, 07:43 PM   #70
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
If anyone wants to collab on The Diamond Sea or Schizophrenia PM me...

It'd be sweet if they had access to live drums too
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 07:44 PM   #71
sonikold
children of satan

sigh... looks like 175's the best it's gonna get... but i don't think we should get too hung up on sound quality for a song recorded with a crappy internal computer mike.

Old 04.10.2006, 07:47 PM   #72
Neongod
the destroyed room

Go to radio shack, get a big-to-little cable-plug adapter, and plug your amp into the line-in.
Old 04.10.2006, 07:52 PM   #73
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
Yacka! I'm working on an acoustic solo version of Becuz. It should be done quite soon. I'll get it to ya. I hope it suits your liking.

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 03:43 AM   #74
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

ok, the songs already done, in progress, or announced. you also can see the sound quality with already done tracks, if sound quality is 4 or 5 stars, there is no need for another version of that song, if it is 1, 2 or 3, you can make your own version of the song, but you should keep in mind that i dont really mind puting 2 different versions of the same song onto the compilation. if the song quality is 1,2 or 3 stars, it doesnt mean i neccessarily won't put it onto a compilation or anything,... i've even been thinking that since i will not want to dissapoint anyone of you, that i sould release all the songs in the end of July/begining of August on volume 1., volume 2, volume 3 cds, and so on... just dont know yet... but if i can will be cold hearted at the time of release, i might just do the selection, dont know, we will see, i will also make some polls here on how the stuff should be released and which cover art is better and such, so the process is more democratic, cuz i dont want to autocraticly decide everything here

automatik - Nevermind (What Was It Anyway) / in progress i guess
hey alex - Halloween / done / quality: not really sure, i will see when i put master tracks together, but i guess somewhere like ** or ***
Everyneurotic - Kill Yr Idols / done / quality: not sure, will see when i recieve unclipped version, but i guess *** stars
finding nobody - Candle (acoustic guitar solo) / done / sound quality: ** / song quality: vocals totaly out of tune
finding nobody - Inhuman / done / quality: *
marleypumpkin - I Dreamed I Dream / done / quality: ** and a half star
sonikold - I Love Her All The Time / done / quality: ****
Everyneurotic & TheDom: Silver Rocket / announced
Everyneurotic & SKcD: Chapel hill / announced
Everyneurotic & HaydenAche: Inhuman Or Shaking Hell / announced
Massenvernichtungswaffen - Becuz (Acoustic solo) / anounced
schizophrenicroom - Protect Me You / announced
schizophrenicroom - Early American / announced
Neongod - Expressway / announced
Neongod - Rain On Tin / announced
Soundtrax - Bull In The Heather / in progress
Soundtrax - I Love You Golden Blue / in progress
Shaking Hell - Mildred Pierce / done / quality: *****
VelcroBananapiels - Self Obsessed And Sexee / announced and might be in progress i guess
Hellotwentyfifteen - Washing Machine / announced and might be in progress i guess
guitarpro - psychic hearts (the song as far as i can understand or you meant something out of that album?) / announced
marleypumpkin & The Dom - Schizophrenia / announced
marleypumpkin & The Dom - The Diamond Sea / announced

if you dont find youself on the list or find any mistakes, just tell so i can correct them
Old 04.11.2006, 06:50 AM   #75
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Hey Soundtrax,
I PM'd The Dom about him & I collaborating on "Schizophrenia", or "The Diamond Sea". So, expecting something to come of this.
Just letting you know.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:17 AM   #76
Shaking Hell
empty page

Shaking Hell has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
If anyone would like to add some vocal tracks on a "Death Valley '69" collaboration let me know. I originally recorded it about 3 years ago so the song is done, but I'm gonna go back and redo some of the drum parts. PM me if you're interested. Song quality is the same as my "Mildred Pierce" cover.
Shaking Hell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 07:40 AM   #77
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Hey Soundtrax,
I PM'd The Dom about him & I collaborating on "Schizophrenia", or "The Diamond Sea". So, expecting something to come of this.
Just letting you know.

ok, i added you to the list
Old 04.11.2006, 07:47 AM   #78
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Thanks for all your hard work Soundtrax. I say this on behalf of all of us, we really appreciate what you're doing.
I will make sure to keep the 4 track recordings, & make the quality as perfect as possible.

Sonic Life
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 11:48 AM   #79
sonikold
children of satan

a friend of mine was figuring out how to play dripping dream on acoustic guitar, so we might do a little collab... maybe...

we could just put the album online on archive.org or something since it's an online fan comp... i think the last one was online, i remember downloading the salamander track...

Old 04.11.2006, 04:36 PM   #80
Shaking Hell
empty page

Shaking Hell has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
try using dBpowerAMP Music Converter

This is a very handy program. You can download it here for free:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
Shaking Hell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth