Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New SY Tribute/Looking For Your Contributions!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.01.2006, 11:48 PM   #21
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
the only files i have are mp2. can anyone convert them for me? pretty please
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 11:54 PM   #22
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
I'd contribute, but I'd have a hard time making them sound fresh. If you're looking for a solid cover at X bpm's however, I'm your guy.
Old 04.02.2006, 05:12 AM   #23
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
i will make them sound fresh if you send me master tracks f its possible i would like to add some post-production to your songs guys, just in terms of volume normalizing, equalizing, and maybe adding a tiny tiny reverb to some instruments... thats what i would need master tracks for (192kbps versions at least), every instrument separately in a special track... if you still have it like that send it please... i would then send you the post-produced version of the song, for you to confirm and agree that song is better post-produced... its not that i would like to interfere with your artistic freedom, but i would really like to have the compilation sound as professionaly as possible, or at least have every song in approximately at the same volume level.
Old 04.02.2006, 05:29 AM   #24
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Let me know if you use my version soundtrax. I trust that any post-production that you do to it will make it sound a lot better. I need to learn to mix better. It's not easy you know.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 01:22 PM   #25
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Soundtrax,
Are you into audio engineering or something?
Old 04.03.2006, 12:28 PM   #26
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
I'm doing this. Should have something in 2 or 3 weeks.

we're in the same town. if you want to collaborate or something, i'd be up for it.
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:30 PM   #27
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
an electronic version of "mildred pierce" sounds like a neat idea.
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:42 PM   #28
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
Soundtrax,
Are you into audio engineering or something?

well, not professionaly, its not my job or anything, but i've been making music and recording for almost 15 years and i've always been into how to make music sound profesionaly on a computer, so i know how to make the shit sound cool which apparently most of you guys don't know. When i listened to axis of evol/thrill your idols i thought "fuck, i wish i had master tracks to produce it"

PS: i wrote a private message to habib to make this thread sticky, i recieved no answer, dont know why...
Old 04.03.2006, 12:51 PM   #29
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna be working with a 4-track deck.... so is it possible to just send you a mixed mp3 and you could still change volumes? Or would I need to send the tape?
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 12:59 PM   #30
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
I'm gonna be working with a 4-track deck.... so is it possible to just send you a mixed mp3 and you could still change volumes? Or would I need to send the tape?

i guess you can rip each of four tracks into separate mp3 192kbps, that would be the best, can you do that? it would be perfect... well of course you can send just a mixed mp3, but ONLY IN CASE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION!, PLEASE!!! I think if you are working with a 4-track deck, there should be an option to rip each of four tracks into separate mp3. dont be lazy, it would require some more work of you, but you would do a lot to improve the sound quality of your song and album as a whole... and i am also thinking that i should put the well produced songs in the beginning of an album, and the bad quality songs at the end of the album, so if you want your song to appear at the beginning, you will do everything to make your recording sound better i guess if there is enough material i might not even include a bad quality songs on the compilation if they sound like a telephone recording... so you better try do your best to get a good sound quality
Old 04.03.2006, 01:14 PM   #31
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
my buddy and i do a sweet accoustic washing machine cover

it sounds like a folk song

its awesome

im on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 01:31 PM   #32
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrax
and i am also thinking that i should put the well produced songs in the beginning of an album, and the bad quality songs at the end of the album, so if you want your song to appear at the beginning, you will do everything to make your recording sound better i guess if there is enough material i might not even include a bad quality songs on the compilation if they sound like a telephone recording... so you better try do your best to get a good sound quality

I can do 4 seperate tracks no prob.
But i don't really like the idea of putting cleaner songs before the less clean/muddy ones. I'm sure unless they are like answering machine quality recordings you can fit them together somehow. Give it a kind of mix-tape grabbag feel. But of course i'm not the one making it... just that approach seems kinda bunky. Who cares about mid-range if the song's good?
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Old 04.03.2006, 03:26 PM   #33
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

look...let me have 4 separat tracks... i will send you my post-produced version, and you are going to decide whether its ok or not, deal? if you have heard axis of evol, you know how different songs can be, and they just dont fit together like that... i want to make the compliation really cool
Old 04.03.2006, 08:22 PM   #34
hey alex
the end of the ugly

I won't doubt you, I realize I was beign dickish. I was in a fightin' ,ood earlier, my bad.

Old 04.03.2006, 08:29 PM   #35
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Is it ok if we just sing? I'm not too hot of a guitar player.
Old 04.03.2006, 08:36 PM   #36
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
Is it ok if we just sing? I'm not too hot of a guitar player.
what song were you thinking of doing? i might be able to play guitar if you'd like?
Old 04.03.2006, 09:25 PM   #37
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
what song were you thinking of doing? i might be able to play guitar if you'd like?

Something off Confusion Is Sex or Star Power. That'd be beyond awesome if you could.
Old 04.03.2006, 09:36 PM   #38
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i wanna do a noise cover of a song...

ill send something along.
Old 04.03.2006, 09:38 PM   #39
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
i wanna do a noise cover of a song...

ill send something along.

I plan on doing one as well. Its just going to be programming and words and maybe some guitar improv or whatever Every-E wants to add. It'll be thug life.
Old 04.03.2006, 10:40 PM   #40
finding nobody
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
Something off Confusion Is Sex or Star Power. That'd be beyond awesome if you could.
yeah, i'd be glad too. keep in touch with me when you decide. you can pm or email me. either way is cool

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth