Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2016, 09:44 AM   #721
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Meh meh meh im with Oscar on this the 3point revolution is boring

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2016, 09:45 AM   #722
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
What I like about Curry is that he does not flop, whine, or act like a prima-donna BITCH like LeBronBron....
He does act like a prima Donna and a bitch in his own way with that cocky littl dick face and dance he does

Old 03.01.2016, 09:51 AM   #723
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
wait until Curry ditches his team to join up with another, win a championship, then come back to his team expecting a boatload of money......
Old 03.01.2016, 09:52 AM   #724
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Basketball is dead anyways. Any sport where only 5 out of 34 teams is actually in competition for the championship from the start of the season is a fucking JOKE.
Old 03.01.2016, 09:54 AM   #725
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

And he never goes to the rim so ain't like he ever gets fouled

Old 03.01.2016, 09:57 AM   #726
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Basketball is dead anyways. Any sport where only 5 out of 34 teams is actually in competition for the championship from the start of the season is a fucking JOKE.
Well isn't that really every sport? What sport has more than a handful of legit contenders?

Old 03.01.2016, 10:52 AM   #727
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Basketball is dead anyways.

I've actually been thinking this has been one of the overall better seasons in recent memory.

Those seventeen 50's across the top of my last post represents the 17 straight seasons the San Antonio Spurs have won 50 or more games.

Golden States schedule is about to become a bit easier as they close out their final 24 four games of the season......only seven remaining road games.

The Warriors have as many road victories (29) as the Houston Rockets have wins (29).

Curry has 24 games to add to his NBA record 3-pointers made for the season. Let's say he reaches 350 3-pointers made, is beating the old record by 64 3-pointers equivalent to a MLB hitter breaking Barry Boands All-Time home run record by hitting 74 home runs? What if Curry makes 400 3-pointers, beating the record by 114 made shots......what do you compare that to?

People love to debate today's game versus the good old days. Styles and rules have changed and teams / players adjust. One thing that hasn't changed is the circumference of the rim or it's height (10 feet). Curry is hands down the best shooter in the history of the game and he will be re-writing history for years to come.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2016, 10:54 AM   #728
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

B-Ball is the worst of the lot when it comes to that. NFL has new teams fade and rise every year. Baseball as well. Basketball is the only one where people assume., and are usually correct, that one or two teams will be the ones in the Finals, before they even play a game!

It is not because the game is bad. It is a combination of the egos of players who think they are "too good" to go play in small markets, and the focus of the NBA itself in selling hyped up bullshit "superstars" instead of selling teh concept of team game. If they did that then San Antonio would be rightfully hailed as the greatest team every year.

the ball that the Warriors are playing is very similar to the ball that the Olajuwon Rockets played, except for the lack of a center. Instead of gong in the out to the 3 pt shooters, the Warriors use ball handling all aruond the court. It is a beautiful thing to watch. It does not help though that the defensive half of the game has gone downhill so quickly, partly becaus eof rule changes, and partly because the NBA does not place value on the gritty hardcore players who will give up their bodies to allow the team to win.
Old 03.01.2016, 10:56 AM   #729
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Can you imagine what someone like Dennis Rodman would do in today's NBA? Either he would fould out every game or he would destroy fools in the rebound game.....
Old 03.01.2016, 10:56 AM   #730
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Curry has made 22 of last 31 3-pointers attempted over last two games.

This two game stat is mind blowing to me.

How about this for perspective......you could take the three best shooters from each NBA team during practice / shoot-around and I'm guessing NOT ONE could make 22 out of 31 three pointers with no one guarding them.
Old 03.01.2016, 11:20 AM   #731
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Curry made more 3 pointers LAST WEEK than Michael Jordan did in 11 of his 15 seasons.

The Minnesota Timberwolves TEAM have combined for 16 more 3-pointers made than Curry......but it's required them taking 300 more attempts than Curry.
Old 03.01.2016, 11:46 AM   #732
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

take a look at LeBron quittin on Defense..
Old 03.01.2016, 01:44 PM   #733
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sure but how many times have we seen an amazing chase down block by Lebron? Have we ever even seen curry play elite defense?

Old 03.01.2016, 01:58 PM   #734
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have not seen Curry play elite defense, but can you imagine when he ups his defense game?

Frankly, it is up to the opposing teams to wear Curry out by forcing him to play defense, but the NBA does not play actual basketball anymore (apart from the Spurs Warriors and maybe the Thunder...). The NBA is a isolation league, and it SUCKS. It forces the team to suck the asshole of the "star" which is how Hall of Famer McHale got fired and why the Rockets are shopping Howard around. Fucking Harden pushes his own agenda, just like all the so-called "stars" do these days. They care more about the endorsements and a "brand" name than playing the sport they supposedly love.

Isaiah Thomas would have made Curry look like a little BITCH.
Old 03.01.2016, 02:12 PM   #735
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dude do you even watch the Thunder? They are one of worst offenders when it comes to hero ball. This is a ball moving NBA, few teams use iso plays. Indeed even Cleveland moves yhe ball more then their reputation, its just in the Finals those drawn out 20 second off the clock iso plays was the best strategy to beat Warriors (and it still is)...

I love ball movement, my criticism of Warriors is they don't play "fundamental" basketball. They throw it in the post not to make a post up but to open up the perimeter for yet another three pointer!!

To me, a team that shoots more 3s than it does dunks and layups is just as boring to watch as a peak hero ball iso team from 2007 no matter how much they fling the ball around

Old 03.01.2016, 02:14 PM   #736
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Isaiah Thomas would have made Curry look like a little BITCH.
THIS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID WHEN ESPN FANBOYS RANKED CURRY 4TH ALL TIME PG ABOVE ISIAH THOMAS. i was like hey thomas was actually a TWO WAY player and couldn't hide behind Klay Thompson to play his defense for him

Isiah would have definitely crushed Curry.. can you imagine what Jordan would have done defensively against Curry?

Old 03.01.2016, 02:18 PM   #737
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Say what you want about kobe or lebron but at least when they were the face of the NBA (a) they played elite defense and (b) we have no doubts about their physicality and so have no doubts that they could have survived playing in 80s or 90s whereas Curry or even Harden? Them guys are as Bird would say s-o-f-t

Old 03.02.2016, 10:46 AM   #738
Bytor Peltor
Banned

This season, Curry is shooting a better percentage from beyond half court (28.5%), than LeBron is from 3 (28.0%).

Curry's shot-chart for February:

Curry's shot-chart from their comeback win at OKC Saturday night:

Old 03.02.2016, 10:47 AM   #739
Bytor Peltor
Banned

This season, Curry is shooting a better percentage from beyond half court (28.5%), than LeBron is from 3 (28.0%).

Old 03.02.2016, 07:32 PM   #740
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

I think half the NBA would still take Lebron over Curry. Steph is phenomenal, but clearly thrives in a particular system and lineup. You transplant him to the Lakers and he ain't making the playoffs. You put Lebron on Lakers they might even make it to the second round! #Facts #LebronIsTwoWayPlayer #ManUpOnDefenseSteph

343536 37 38394047 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth