Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Why does Eminem always rap in that stupid voice these days?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.04.2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm digging his new track, 3 A.M., Dre did a really dope job producing this one. But he should've told Marshall to cut the lame accent he started using after The Eminem Show.

Does anyone know what I'm talkin' about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA6UVzvIUR4
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 01:58 PM   #2
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
very weak me thinks!
Old 05.04.2009, 02:13 PM   #3
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah man. That is why he will never make an album as good as Slim Shady ever again.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 03:24 PM   #4
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I watched this video just last night. I like it alot. I think I'm gonna love the new album.
Old 05.04.2009, 07:16 PM   #5
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Wait he made a good album?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 07:39 PM   #6
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I kind of wish he'd drop the modern-era vocal style too.

That said, I've got some tremendous semi-guilty pleasure from the tracks that have been released from the new album. I'll still be waiting to hear some opinions on it before I hand over any cash though. Mainly to be assured that he doesn't mention Kim Kardashian's ass more than 3-4 additional times. Dre appears to be in good form.

I guess that the much anticipated "Eminem all growed up" album is yet to arrive. That said, while I like the idea in concept, I'm honestly not sure it would be that good. Everyone assumes it would be like an album of "Stan", but most of his serious attempts at "maturity" thus far have been more along the lines of "Mockingbird", and nobody wants a whole album of that...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 07:56 PM   #7
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
I just hope he doesn't ruin the whole thing with that voice. What the fuck happened to him? It doesn't even sound real.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 08:03 PM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

several.
Old 05.04.2009, 08:04 PM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I guess that the much anticipated "Eminem all growed up" album is yet to arrive. That said, while I like the idea in concept, I'm honestly not sure it would be that good. Everyone assumes it would be like an album of "Stan", but most of his serious attempts at "maturity" thus far have been more along the lines of "Mockingbird", and nobody wants a whole album of that...

I half-agree.

"Mockingbird" sucked ass. But an album of "Toy Soldiers" or "Sing For The Moment" would be great.
Old 05.05.2009, 03:42 AM   #10
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, don't get me wrong, a "mature" Eminem that sounds how people would want that it to sound ("Toy Soldiers", "Stan", ETC) would potentially be amazing. I'm just not confident that he would deliver that at this point. And in the meantime a load of guilty pleasure jokes about cutting people up and farting over shiny Dre beats is probably a lot more fun than the "mature" album he would actually deliver.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 05:12 AM   #11
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

Infinite and the Slim Shady LP and then he turned into a cartoon and all of his songs had stupid choruses and sound-effects (Real Slim Shady), and his life was too exposed to be interesting when he was serious anyway (every song was blah blah, I hate/love Kim, I hate my mum, I love my daughter, etc).

I guess you could say Infinite is his mature album as it was from before he adopted the Sim Shady persona, and before he had money. I love the nocturnal jazzy beats on that, and the fact that the lyrics all seem to be about working in shit jobs and not getting enough sleep.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 06:41 AM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
slim shady, marshal mathers, and eminem show are all AMAZING.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 07:14 AM   #13
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Oh, don't get me wrong, a "mature" Eminem that sounds how people would want that it to sound ("Toy Soldiers", "Stan", ETC) would potentially be amazing. I'm just not confident that he would deliver that at this point. And in the meantime a load of guilty pleasure jokes about cutting people up and farting over shiny Dre beats is probably a lot more fun than the "mature" album he would actually deliver.

now I totally agree with what yr saying.
Old 05.05.2009, 07:16 AM   #14
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
slim shady, marshal mathers, and eminem show are all AMAZING.

I Know!! And the thing is, I'm not sure that a lot of listeners "get" Eminem's satire, etc.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.
Old 05.05.2009, 07:17 AM   #15
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
I guess you could say Infinite is his mature album as it was from before he adopted the Sim Shady persona, and before he had money. I love the nocturnal jazzy beats on that, and the fact that the lyrics all seem to be about working in shit jobs and not getting enough sleep.

So yr saying that his first album, before he understood the concept of writing lines for characters (the device that has pretty much made him the lyricist that he is) is his mature album? I'm pretty sure that even he would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05.05.2009, 07:44 AM   #16
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
He hadn't developed any of his original style in Infinite, so it is definitely not his mature album.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 11:18 AM   #17
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
So yr saying that his first album, before he understood the concept of writing lines for characters (the device that has pretty much made him the lyricist that he is) is his mature album? I'm pretty sure that even he would disagree with you on that one.

I'm confused here. That's exactly what I'm saying and it makes perfect sense to me yet I'm assuming I'm supposed to find what you're saying objectionable?

My point is this: Infinite is his most personal, introspective album (two factors which I associate with maturity) precisely because it isn't written from the perspective of comedy characters.

You've heard the songs It's OK, Never 2 Far, Searchin', etc? Well, compare them to any three from any of the albums that he's released since the Slim Shady LP; I bet you won't find more than one where he isn't either writing from the perspective of a comedy pervert/pill-head or ranting like a petulent teenager (with the same insecurities, paranoia, whining, hollow pseudo-rage). Hence Infinite seems more mature to me, more 'real' (because he's in touch with reality). There aren't even any skits on it (well, not the stupid kind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
He hadn't developed any of his original style in Infinite, so it is definitely not his mature album.

What's originalty got to do with maturity? Unless we're thinking of the different meanings of the word 'mature' (me: personal, introspective; you: best)?
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 11:55 AM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I think you are meaning maturity like "no dick and fart jokes" and I'm meaning maturity like "fully conscious of artistic devices and how to employ them in an interesting and intelligent manner."

age maturity vs art maturity
Old 05.05.2009, 12:19 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what is the difference between this annoying voice and the annoying voice he used in the past?
Old 05.05.2009, 12:21 PM   #20
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm. Whatever. All I remember first hearing was the "my name is" and then "real slim shady" and I just didnt dig it. I remember liking a few songs off the marshal mathers lp but I can't say any of them would be good ALBUMS.

I dunno....when I want to hear white trash with catchy hooks I listen to nirvana, I don't care for white rappers even if they are legit "punks" or whatever he was.

I like how he makes fun of people, like kurt cobain did, but he does it too obvious and it wore it's welcome a long time ago.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth