Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I think I've been kicked off Rate Your Music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2006, 11:26 AM   #1
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I admit, I directed a few snide remarks at the RYM administrators a couple days ago. Nothing offensive. Didn't call anybody a motherfucker or anything like that. Just some well-composed saracasm. So today I find I don't "have permission" to do anything on the site. I tried posting a new album, can't do it. Can't respond on threads, can't private mail anybody.

I'm out in the cold! Damn, I had some pretty good friends there, too.
Old 12.15.2006, 11:38 AM   #2
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Has anybody ever been banned. I know it's silly, but I kind of feel like shit. Not so much because I feel guilty (I don't--admin there are a bunch of tightassed, Republican jerks), but because I have no way of communicating with people I used to communicate with. And I feel really insulted.
Old 12.15.2006, 11:50 AM   #3
gmku
invito al cielo

How do I delete the cookies?
Old 12.15.2006, 11:52 AM   #4
gmku
invito al cielo

I've also thought about just taking my ball and running. Delete the whole account and say fuck em all. I loved cataloging my collection there, though. Can't even do that anymore, tho, so probably not much point.
Old 12.15.2006, 12:03 PM   #5
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
are you talking about music you make yrself, or just music in general?

Just album lists. Stuff I buy. You can catalog and rate/review. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
Old 12.15.2006, 12:11 PM   #6
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
at the bar on the top of yr screen...find "tools" (or something similiar...look for interenet options/tools. just look around a bit (im not exaclty sure what yr comps like), but youll find a place where ya can delete interent history/cookies/etc.

just delete the cookies (if ya delete anything else, it wont really matter).

keep in mind though...when/if ya make a new account, youll have to change yr name, and most likely yr email address as well.

Well, whaddaya know!? I'm not saying if it worked or not, cause I think the walls have ears, ya know what I'm saying... Fuckers...

Problem is, I have to be careful about showing myself. Admin there watches things like a hawk. If they suspect I'm using under a different name, won't they trace the IP server address and just ban me again? Makes it pretty hard to talk with people and shit.
Old 12.15.2006, 12:12 PM   #7
gmku
invito al cielo

The other thing is, re-loading all those damned records! Maybe I'll just use the new me to log in new acquisitions.

Well, gmku effectively died at rym. Long live gmku!
Old 12.15.2006, 12:24 PM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

They just booted me off again!

Goddamned morons! Jesus...
Old 12.15.2006, 12:39 PM   #9
gmku
invito al cielo

Thanks. I just asked them to delete my account. Not worth the hassle.
Old 12.15.2006, 04:12 PM   #10
gmku
invito al cielo

Well, turns out I'm grounded for 24 hours, is all. So I undeleted my account. It's basically because admin didn't like me talking back to them. One of the adminners tried to reign in "repetitive threads" of which I contributed only one, and which happened to be only the first one of a couple that then instigated a whole bunch of other like-titled threads--like we do here sometimes.

See, somebody started a thread called "What if the Beatles never broke up?" I hate those things. SO I started one called "What if Brian Jones never died?" Which to me is at least a little more interesting. Then while i was off the site, a bunch of others started "what if this, that" threads, the admin got pissed off, and started a new thread that was supposed to consolidate all the "what if's" in one thread. They said, "It'll be fun." I couldn't hold my tongue, and said, "Ha. Whatever, mom. Whenever my mom told us kids "It'll be fun," I knew that's when I could hang up my party shoes." Next thing I know, I'm locked out of the site.

Got this note:

"Hello:

Due to conduct exhibited during the (user-requested) locking of several What If threads, and the subsequent creation of a catch-all What If thread, the RYM admin have come to a consensus that your actions have warranted you a warning in the form of a short, temporary ban.

As I'm sure you know, the number one rule of the RYM forums is "Treat other users with respect. Do not harass, insult, or attack other members of this site in any manner, for any reason." This includes admins (both in implementation and in ruling). We understand that admins are more 'public fugues' than a lot of other users on RYM, and therefore make better (and even sometimes deserving) targets. However, the best way to issue a complaint or to bring attention to an issue with an admin is via the Contact/Feedback link at the bottom of every page. If you're going to post your concern in public for all to read, then you have to follow the RYM rules.

We're all just music lovers and I'm sure we all love having a great online community and database like RYM to share, learn and grow within. Banning users is never an easy decision to make, but sometimes it is necessary in order to keep RYM in high standards - both in content and in conduct. We hope you understand.

Feel free to contact the admin or any of us individually via PM if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Thanks."

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth