Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Homosexuality Already Accepted in Europe?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2008, 03:50 PM   #21
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
i think homophobia [though I dont like the term, it dont believe people to have some uncontrolable fear of homosexuality, but for intents and purposes, it will do] is just like racism, it is the result of ignorance, isolation and lack of experience and exposure with homosexuality in general. People harbor racist stereotyps and beliefs commonly because they are rarely exposed to other "races" and so they sit in a kind of isolation where they dont have to confront any of their stereotypes with a dose of reality. This is the same with homosexuality, people are uncomfortable about it because they have not been exposed to it properly. Exposure is the key to confront and replace stereotyping.
You mean we should buttfuck homophobics?
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 04:19 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure I can't be the only person who thinks stereotyping is really, really funny. In fact, if you don't think it's funny, it's because you're the sort of person who wears shit fleeces and smells of poo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 04:40 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
You mean we should buttfuck homophobics?

no, but if they were exposed to homosexual people they might humanize homosexuals rather then demonize them. and with religious sentiments against homosexuality, that doesn't mean shit. there are religious restrictions against plenty of things which religious people have no problem ignoring, declining, or openly rejecting. I am thinking of the vengeful old testament God who has been replaced by Jesus, the friendly dude with long hair.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 04:41 PM   #24
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Chappelle's Show was massively popular. I would think this would show that most people find stereotypes funny.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:01 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Chappelle's Show was massively popular. I would think this would show that most people find stereotypes funny.

well the thing is he made fun of the stereotypes themselves, not of people via the stereotypes, and that's why i think his show was pure fucking genius.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:04 PM   #26
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Never judging a book by its cover should not stop us from laughing at the silliness of the covers we find ourselves in.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:10 PM   #27
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well the thing is he made fun of the stereotpyes themselves, not of people via the stereotypes, and that's why i think his show was pure fucking genius.

true dat

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:12 PM   #28
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
"I don't do drugs......just weed."
Old 04.14.2008, 05:21 PM   #29
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm sure I can't be the only person who thinks stereotyping is really, really funny. In fact, if you don't think it's funny, it's because you're the sort of person who wears shit fleeces and smells of poo.
One of the rare moments I resisted the burning temptation of an "lol." How about a hearty chortle instead?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:24 PM   #30
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I applaud the sentiment and all, but the good-natured cock-stroking political correctness of this thread is vomit-inducing.

Gays are fine. Now stop it.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 05:25 PM   #31
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Greeks are Europeans, and they invented that shit.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2008, 06:07 PM   #32
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Yeah that's true actually.
Old 04.15.2008, 04:18 AM   #33
sarramkrop

Quote:
Because they are really, really annoying people? I would have thought that was blindingly obvious.

Did you too notice that the name of this thread should have asked if we are tolerated instead of being accepted? You might threaten me with the gas chamber, so I might as well call you cunt while you're doing so, inneee?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2008, 04:48 AM   #34
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
right. "tolerate" doesnt register well in my head. i think, i prefer "accept". why should people tolerate other people, in relation to their sexual preferences?
if it was about dress code, maybe tolerate would have a meaning for me. like if i decide to shave my head and wear red uniforms, noone will turn their heads because they tolerate such behaviours/it might not be of their taste, but they are used to see people like that and acknowledge my freedom to do that and let me be.

Nor does it register well in mine, still I find it naive when people think that homosexuality is widely accepted: It is not as much as you'd think.

Same as when the oasis of female emancipation makes women think that certain rights and job positions make them serious contenders to the male role in this society.

I'm not even coming from your proverbial cynical point of view, more from a brutally realistic one. In saying this, that shouldn't have to turn anyone into some gritty gay-militant bore or some annoying feminist, there are more effective and less irritating ways of winning rights.

It's the society we live in, it's the hierarchy that is laid out because of its natural fabric, you can still win small victories and live comfortably in it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2008, 12:23 PM   #35
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
cape cod a religious conservative town? man i am in shock-- i always thought of provincetown as gay heaven.

ps- can i borrow your uncle? i mean-- i need a millionaire uncle with a ny apartment

provincetown is one cape town out of 11, and yes its 80 percent gay.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2008, 12:24 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Nor does it register well in mine, still I find it naive when people think that homosexuality is widely accepted: It is not as much as you'd think.

Same as when the oasis of female emancipation makes women think that certain rights and job positions make them serious contenders to the male role in this society.

I'm not even coming from your proverbial cynical point of view, more from a brutally realistic one. In saying this, that shouldn't have to turn anyone into some gritty gay-militant bore or some annoying feminist, there are more effective and less irritating ways of winning rights.

It's the society we live in, it's the hierarchy that is laid out because of its natural fabric, you can still win small victories and live comfortably in it.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of treating a thread like this with anything other than withering disdain, but I'm just interested to see if my thoughts are similar to yours.

I have a blind mate. I used to work with him. He's fucking useless. Nice chap, but he's fucking useless. Brain like a fucking sieve. Good laugh, mind you. Not in a 'I have a blind mate, aren't I uber-modern?' way. He's just good to sit about and have a natter about stuff. And he's got a fairly encylopedic knowledge of radio comedy. I have known other blind people (or any other minority you'd care to mention) who I just couldn't spend time with, for whatever reason. But this chap can't really do much, partially because he's blind, and partially because he's fucking useless.

I know other people who are not blind. Some of these people are male, faintly middle-class, well educated and heterosexual. Most of these are fucking useless as well.

So I think my point is, it doesn't really matter which minority you are, or, in fact, if you are a minority at all. If you're fucking useless you're fucking useless.

Now, some people may feel that they are being discriminated against for being, broadly, any category of person that isn't white, male, heterosexual and middle-class. Which is a shame for them, and maybe they have a good point. Maybe the world does favour white male heterosexual middle-class people. Which is a shame. But I think we'd do well to remember that the overwhelming majority of people, where ever they come from, are probably entirely fucking useless. Some of them, in addition to being useless, are also a laugh, and I tend to foster these into my social life.

NB - I am one such useless person. Hence the whole messageboard thing, but you're probably aware of that already.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.15.2008, 12:29 PM   #37
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm not sure if I like the idea of treating a thread like this with anything other than withering disdain, but I'm just interested to see if my thoughts are similar to yours.

I have a blind mate. I used to work with him. He's fucking useless. Nice chap, but he's fucking useless. Brain like a fucking sieve. Good laugh, mind you. Not in a 'I have a blind mate, aren't I uber-modern?' way. He's just good to sit about and have a natter about stuff. And he's got a fairly encylopedic knowledge of radio comedy. I have known other blind people (or any other minority you'd care to mention) who I just couldn't spend time with, for whatever reason. But this chap can't really do much, partially because he's blind, and partially because he's fucking useless.

I know other people who are not blind. Some of these people are male, faintly middle-class, well educated and heterosexual. Most of these are fucking useless as well.

So I think my point is, it doesn't really matter which minority you are, or, in fact, if you are a minority at all. If you're fucking useless you're fucking useless.

Now, some people may feel that they are being discriminated against for being, broadly, any category of person that isn't white, male, heterosexual and middle-class. Which is a shame for them, and maybe they have a good point. Maybe the world does favour white male heterosexual middle-class people. Which is a shame. But I think we'd do well to remember that the overwhelming majority of people, where ever they come from, are probably entirely fucking useless. Some of them, in addition to being useless, are also a laugh, and I tend to foster these into my social life.

NB - I am one such useless person. Hence the whole messageboard thing, but you're probably aware of that already.

oh you.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2008, 12:53 PM   #38
sarramkrop

Quote:

Yeah, but you are taking my post out of context and trying to give it some bigger political meaning that is not there in this case, at least that's the way I read it.

Of course the majority of people are useless, does this even need to be refrained once more? That happens regardless of whatever colour, sex etc etc you happen to be, really, no need to point it out once more.

To suggest that the uselessness of the majority of people is a cause for whatever social injustice might be inflected to *insert minority* in a mild or more violent way seems a little simplistic on a bigger scale, though.

Homosexuality is still oulawed in certain countries, women are still seen as lesser creatures in others, and racism finds ever more complex ways to manifest itself, are you denying any of this? Are you in any way suggesting that the comfortable way in which you are able to think and articulate your thoughts is essentially only the work of an individualistic effort and not also the combined events that allowed you to do so?

If your post is meant to be a dig at those who refuse to abandon political correctness, I am totally with you, then. When it comes to taking people at face-value, I tend to judge them only on merit, regardless of their misfortunes or fortunes etc etc.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2008, 11:35 AM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Homosexuality is still oulawed in certain countries, women are still seen as lesser creatures in others, and racism finds ever more complex ways to manifest itself, are you denying any of this? Are you in any way suggesting that the comfortable way in which you are able to think and articulate your thoughts is essentially only the work of an individualistic effort and not also the combined events that allowed you to do so?

Obviously there was a degree of prickishness about my post, and I'm not denying anything within your post. I think at base we agree, and the paradoxical reduction is that it's a very complicated argument. I wanted to emphasise the above - just because I could (potentially) make a very earnest argument about how I'm somehow above 'being a cunt towards the world', the truth of the matter is I'm not, and neither is no-one else. Earnest eschewing of negative aspects of society doesn't remove them, nor does it solve them.

Gaah. Futile post. Gaaah.

Quote:
Old 04.16.2008, 02:58 PM   #40
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Sorry to bore you with this question. However, I was arguing with a friend ad he really believes that this issue is widely accepted in Europe. I can't agree with this, I could think the cities being more accepted, but not the all of the countries. Can someone tell me please?

Um, like, you mean the whole male population of England isn't enough to convince you?

(With apologies to Pookie, but you know what I mean.)

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth