Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2020, 07:48 PM   #8421
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
The bigger mystery is what any of us are doing here almost 10 years after the band split up and even longer since this was really a worthwhile forum
Yea, I left shortly after Thurston and Kim announced their split and only came back because my curiosity to see what everyone's been up to was piqued after spam in my PM box bought me back here.

I'm starting to wonder why Chris Lawrence has left the lights on.
Old 07.17.2020, 08:00 PM   #8422
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
The bigger mystery is what any of us are doing here almost 10 years after the band split up and even longer since this was really a worthwhile forum

I keep hanging around because of a select few people. Although this isn't the only connection for a lot of them anymore.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2020, 09:21 PM   #8423
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
This is my last remaining traditional forum that I visit, and it's an anchor to an internet past.
Old 07.17.2020, 09:55 PM   #8424
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i like to play & listen to broken records ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2020, 05:10 AM   #8425
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Relax! I know I grabbed you off the street, but I’m just a criminal, not a federal agent!

Opinion by
Alexandra Petri
Columnist
July 17, 2020 at 5:22 p.m. EST

Hello, harmless passerby, and welcome to my unmarked van!

I know this is very creepy for you, but I want you to relax: I am just a criminal, doing this entirely on my own dime and my own time, and you can have recourse to law enforcement later! I know it would be terrifying if I were actually some sort of federal law enforcement, because then you would have no recourse, and, furthermore, you might feel that the country had taken a serious turn. But, no, America is still as great as it has ever been! I, personally, am a criminal monster who is constructing a sculpture out of mandibles to placate the Elk God, but America’s system of rights and constitutional protections is absolutely still fully intact. So, that’s good.

I have gotten a lot of feedback during my years of seizing people without warning and placing them into this van (do be sure to fill out the form, which is located on the seat next to you) and the No. 1 piece of feedback has been that people want to know that America’s system of rights remains in place. Congratulations, it does! Now you can focus on being scared of me, personally, an extra-legal, non-state actor who should definitely not be doing this and who deserves to be punished as the criminal I am.

Again, I am just doing this for myself, with no color of law whatsoever! I heard on the news that there was a building here that had to be repainted with 47 coats of paint, and to me, that was a summons to come onto the street and start just seizing people at random and tossing them into this van. But, again, that is because my thinking is bad. I am in no way affiliated with any federal agency, not even of any kind! And, frankly, I shouldn’t be!

You can also guess that I’m not affiliated because this van is unmarked and I am wearing some sort of desert camo, which is not really suited for an urban environment. But that’s fine. I think it looks cool.

The governor has not asked for me to be here, and the mayor has not asked for me to be here, for two reasons: one, because they do not know about me, a private citizen; and, two, because if they did, I can guarantee they wouldn’t want Creepy Van Kidnap Bloke (my name needs work; please suggest alternatives on the form!) in their beautiful city one bit. But it doesn’t matter to me what they want.

I am here, because I want to serve and protect America’s men (statues) and women (courthouses). The way I see it, statues are more people than people, buildings are extra people, and fences are children. It is so much worse, to my mind, to attack a symbol than it is to harm a person, that if I ever saw someone burn a flag — there is literally nothing I would not feel justified in doing, and no one who would be safe from my van or my bone-based sculpture projects. Again, my brain is bad.

No, I will not tell you, beyond that, who I am and why I am doing this. But it isn’t disappointing that I won’t, because I am a criminal, operating outside the law. Sure, I believe that I am the embodiment of justice and that the president asked me to be here and help, but neither of those things are actually the case. My mind is very broken, and I anticipate that I will soon be arrested. I am just a simple monster-man, with no pretensions to being political.

Get excited for my jawbone shrine, we are almost there! And God Bless America!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...federal-agent/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2020, 06:04 AM   #8426
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Fox news actually calling out Trump on his bullshit.

Trump obviously doesn't handle it well.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2020, 06:07 AM   #8427
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Get excited for my jawbone shrine, we are almost there! And God Bless America!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...federal-agent/

Very droll but it is crazy what's going on with that. The outrage doesn't seem much considering.

Old 07.18.2020, 07:41 AM   #8428
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Very droll but it is crazy what's going on with that. The outrage doesn't seem much considering.

This happens every day under dictatorships. I sure as fuck know - I lived 13 or so years under one. The U.S. is barely a partial democracy at this point.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2020, 03:25 PM   #8429
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't care about Robert Schunk's political opinions. Or Bytor's. I'm only curious as to why they are the only two fighting the fight on a Sonic Youth forum, of all places. The energy etc.

I’ve never looked at it as “fighting the fight.” Just to recap, I wasn’t an active contributor to this thread during the election process or even after Trump won.

April 22, 2018 (page 195) is when I jumped in with a dissenting opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Russia might be smarter than anyone thought!!!

A) NO evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump campaign.

B) IF collusion did occur, IT’s NOT ILLEGAL

C) Special Counsels are appointed to persu KNOWN CRIMES and NOT to go seeking after “possible” crimes......technically, seeking crimes is a violation of Special Counsel laws.

......so much freaking wasted time!

The best thing I could say about Donald Trump then is the best thing I could say about him now......his last name isn’t Clinton!

I’ve been an active member of SYG since the old board. I have private messages dating back to 2006 and I’ve always contributed to Non-Sonic Sounds. But most importantly, I’ve never belittled or attacked anyone on a personal level simply because their opinion was different than mine!

Lastly, all apologies to anyone I may have angered or aggravated concerning political discussions.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2020, 11:22 PM   #8430
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Joe Biden says police have "BECOME THE ENEMY" and calls for CUTTING police funding: "Yes, absolutely!" [removed the URL because - jfc, @TrumpWarRoom is your source?

Nothing about police 'becoming' the enemy if you're not a white guy.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2020, 11:49 PM   #8431
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Careful, Dotard's not dead yet...

4 things that could swing the 2020 race toward Trump

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 07.20.2020, 12:41 AM   #8432
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

Don’t forget the 5th reason: Democrats allow Biden to exit his basement!
Old 07.20.2020, 01:02 AM   #8433
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Don’t forget the 5th reason: Democrats allow Biden to exit his basement!

Old 07.20.2020, 02:53 AM   #8434
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Careful, Dotard's not dead yet...

On the other hand... From The Guardian:

Donald Trump v Fox News Sunday: extraordinary moments from a wild interview

I can't even make a joke about it. Kinda feel sad for those who have to, because what are you gonna add; the joke's right there, punchlines everywhere. If this had been written as a comedy skit in "normal times" (like, say, back when Dan Quayle's stupidity was mocked), it would have been so off the charts it'd have been considered just too damn implausible and therefore not that funny. Which, come to think of it, it's not. Sad.

More: https://news.google.com/stories/CAAq...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Old 07.20.2020, 03:35 AM   #8435
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

It's a car crash and a half for sure. His comment when asked about the daily (covid) death toll being around 1,000, said: “It is what it is.” says it all. The guy doesn't give a shit about the massive amount of deaths and never has. Yet this is the guy people wanting leading them through it? Try as I might I'll never understand it.

Old 07.20.2020, 04:03 AM   #8436
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's a car crash and a half for sure. His comment when asked about the daily (covid) death toll being around 1,000, said: “It is what it is.” says it all. The guy doesn't give a shit about the massive amount of deaths and never has. Yet this is the guy people wanting leading them through it? Try as I might I'll never understand it.

I do.

Old 07.20.2020, 05:37 AM   #8437
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:

CBS News: Joe Biden runs campaign from his basement

San Francisco Chronicle: Relax, Obama strategist tells Democrats: Joe Biden should stay in his basement

FOX News: Terry McAuliffe recorded saying Dems prefer Biden stay 'in the basement'

Joe Biden Says He is Locked in the Basement (VIDEO)

“Sleepy Joe Biden said Tuesday during an interview from his home in Delaware that he is locked in his basement.“
Old 07.20.2020, 07:43 AM   #8438
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

I'm not disputing the "basement" shit (metaphor for "staying home", which dotards everywhere should be doing, come on), although it's been exaggerated; the guy has already given good speeches on climate change and infrastructure. Eventually, yes, we'll see more of him, and despite Tom Friedman's wishes the debates will take place anyway without previous tax information disclosure and real-time fact-checking. (By the way, why aren't you, so worried about "fakeness" and posting links to prove your statements, demanding transparency?). And yes, Biden will make mistakes along the way, but most of them will be silly, inconsequential faux pas.

Now, they should be taken for what I just said they will be. My preferred definition of intelligence is the ability to make fine distinctions. But we're not dealing with an electorate that makes fine distinctions, are we, PELTOR. We're dealing with a bunch that doesn't even make undiscriminating distinctions; it's a mass that equals blatant lies, ineptitude, corruption, racism, misogyny, authoritarian disregard for the rule of law (and we could go on and on) with "but her emails".

You go ahead and believe in magical tax cuts and the babyjeezus and all the things the Reagan-Thatcher axis of evil embraced when they declared war on the have-nots; their brand of savage, unregulated capitalism is encroached around the world anyway. But if you LIKE TRUMP, the person, you can go fuck a goat.

Old 07.20.2020, 07:58 AM   #8439
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Just read this New York Times report (via The Hill):

Ryan warned Trump was losing key voters in Wisconsin, other states: NYT

So much for fake polls. The fuck does Paul Ryan care, anyway? He's a retired mook politician: he got what he wanted -the megatonic corporate tax cuts- by enabling a 25th Amendment president every step of the way, and then fucked off. Stay away, asshole.

Old 07.20.2020, 11:20 AM   #8440
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
I'm not disputing the "basement" shit (metaphor for "staying home", which dotards everywhere should be doing, come on), although it's been exaggerated; the guy has already given good speeches on climate change and infrastructure. Eventually, yes, we'll see more of him, and despite Tom Friedman's wishes the debates will take place anyway without previous tax information disclosure and real-time fact-checking. (By the way, why aren't you, so worried about "fakeness" and posting links to prove your statements, demanding transparency?). And yes, Biden will make mistakes along the way, but most of them will be silly, inconsequential faux pas.

Now, they should be taken for what I just said they will be. My preferred definition of intelligence is the ability to make fine distinctions. But we're not dealing with an electorate that makes fine distinctions, are we, PELTOR. We're dealing with a bunch that doesn't even make undiscriminating distinctions; it's a mass that equals blatant lies, ineptitude, corruption, racism, misogyny, authoritarian disregard for the rule of law (and we could go on and on) with "but her emails".

You go ahead and believe in magical tax cuts and the babyjeezus and all the things the Reagan-Thatcher axis of evil embraced when they declared war on the have-nots; their brand of savage, unregulated capitalism is encroached around the world anyway. But if you LIKE TRUMP, the person, you can go fuck a goat.

You make it sound as if it’s going to come down to his taxes vs. her emails. Guess what, there is no way we will ever truly know. Sure, Donald’s taxes could eventually surface to the light of day, but it doesn’t look like it will happen before the first Tuesday in November. Donald very well could be proven a tax fraud and if so, he was able to do so during the Obama & Bush Administration’s. But they never caught or prosecuted him for such evasions, so that’s on them! (guess what, they didn’t care)

One thing is for sure, Donald’s tax’s do exist! President Barack Obama didn’t give anyone immunity to destroy Donald’s taxes the way he gave Hillary Clinton’s attorney immunity to destroy 33 THOUSAND emails......yet you believe it’s a mass of our ignorant population that disregards the “rule of law.”

If Barack, Hillary and sleepy Joe were the ones upholding the “rules of law,” why would emails need to be deleted?
372412419420421 422 423424425432 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth